Vintage 30 Review

1.7
 3.3
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
Vintage 30 Reviewed by: metalgirl0, on march 25, 2010

Features: This is a 30 watt, solid state practice amp, featuring a 8" speaker (I think it is 8"), overdrive, a 3 band EQ, headphone jack, and, obviously, a volume knob. It only has one channel. I have no idea when this amp was manufactured, I've only been using this amp for practice because I had nothing else back in the day (it was given to me by my cousin). This 30 watt is acceptable for bedroom practice. // 5

Sound: When I was using this amp, the only guitar I had was a Ibanez GAX70, which is a good guitar for its price, and I played metal through it... all I can say is... ewww. I understand this is only a small practice amp but damn... the sound is really awful, it sounds like if treble was the only frequency in existence, even with the bass knob maxed out, it still doesn't sound like low frequency even existed. Same thing for clean (when overdrive is set at 0). On top of that, the amp always seem to make that buzzy sound, like if bees were flying inside it, but you only hear it when you are not playing. It is only good for practicing, nothing else, I would never use it for gigging (obviously because 30 watt solid state isn't enough), for recordings, or band practice. This amp just doesn't sound good. // 1

Reliability & Durability: One sure thing is that I would never depend on this amp, I wouldn't bring it at a band practice or anything, it would be useless, it would make the other musicians want to leave and never come back. And obviously I would never use it for a gig. But durability-wise, the amp has never broken down on me, even after the years of use, when it was my cousin's, and when I was using it. // 5

Overall Impression: This amp is only good for practicing, if you have nothing else, and if you can have it for a very low price (like 30 bucks or something). I used it for the first year I've been playing guitar (I've actually been playing for 4 years). Now I have a Crate GTX65 that I also use in bedroom practices (and that I will use in band practices as well, probably) and it sounds way better than this little amp, I would not recommend that Ventura Vintage 30 to anyone, instead, I would recommend something like a Roland Microcube or something similar, because they sound better and have more features to play around with. If it broke, I would just throw it away, it doesn't have value to me. I only wish it sounded better, for a practice amp. // 2

More Ventura reviews rating category latest review
+ V-23B Dove Bird 7 Acoustic Guitars 09/25/2014