AD30VT Review

manufacturer: Vox date: 09/03/2013 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Vox: AD30VT
The pure tube sound of Valvetronix is more affordable than ever! The AD30VT packs the amazingly versatile tube sound of Valvetronix into an amps that introduces a modern twist to the traditional VOX design.
 Reliability & Durability: 8.8
 8.6
 8.9
 8.3
reviews (45) pictures (2) 114 comments vote for this gear:
AD30VT Reviewed by: GnGonzalesjoe, on august 22, 2005

Features: The only problem I had with this amp is that you can only save two sound on the two channel settings. I wish this amp have more channels to save the different sounds this amps produces. // 8

Sound: I use an Ibanez RGT42DXFX with an EMG '85 in the neck and an EMG '81 in the bridge. This amp gets mostly every sound I want. The 11 effects in the amp can keep you from buying effect pedals for awhile. You can get that classic chicago blues sounds, deep purple light classic rock distortion, '70s punk sound to todays heavy metal high amp sound. I mostly play heavy metal, but I also play punk, alternative, and any genre from rock. The clean sounds sound very clean at high levels. The amp sound the best when playing it at max volume level. You can tweak every effect like speed up the effects, change the sensitivity levels of the auto wah, and the timing of the delay. and You can tweak the entire sound of the amp with a different vaccum tube. The distortion comes close to todays heavy metal acts. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This amp is bulit to last. A metal frame infront of the speaker. The only thing I didn't like is that the black cover over the wood is a sticker. You can pull it off easily and you'll have a homemade looking amp. It durable for an tube amp, I dropped it a couple of time and it still works. I wouldn't suggest dropping it down the stairs. You do have to change the one tube in the amp. Which I had a hard time trying to get to it. I can see the tube, but can find the way to it. // 10

Overall Impression: For the price you can't get a better sounding tube amps than this. This is my first amp I ever bought. I tried several amps in the store, but fell in love with the different effects on it. Many of the different 30 watt amps don't even compare to this. I'm thinking of buying the 50 watt version of this amp. // 10

AD30VT Reviewed by: PlanetTelex, on august 09, 2005

Features: This amp is pretty recently made, 2005 I think. It's part of Vox's new Valvetronix line. It's a hybrid style amp, so it has a tube in it. It's a modeling amp and it has 11 different amp models, as well as 11 different effects. It has a gain, volume, treble, middle and bass knobs. You can save two desired setttings. It has a headphone jack, as well as a jack for an optional footswitch. It has a metal grill in the front, which makes it look awesome. // 10

Sound: I'm using this with a Mexican Fat Strat, and I play classic rock and blues. It sounds aboslutely amazing. I can get any sound I want out of it. I can create a variety of sounds, from a classic Fender Twin Reverb, all the way to a metal, Mesa Boogie sound. I never thought it would be this versatile. The tube gives such a sweet distortion. I used to be really jealous of my friend who has a DeVille, which has an incredible distortion, but this comes pretty close. I love the slightly overdriven tube sound. The effects also sound really good, and it even has a compressor in it! I never thought I'd be able to afford anything close to a tube amp, but I stumbled upon this. It's pretty easy to get a good setting, even if you're a newbie, except maybe for just a couple of the amp models. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This thing is like a rock. The metal grill in the front is durable, and I could probably kick it and nothing would happen. // 10

Overall Impression: This is the best amp I've ever played through. My cousin has a Marshall MG100DFX, and ever since he played through my Vox, he wants to buy the 100W Valvetronix. I bought this to replace my cruddy little Crate GLX15, and this Vox goes above and beyond my expectations of any amp. I've been playing through two years. The only amps I've ever played through are a Fender Princeton 65 DSP, a Crate GLX15, and a DeVille. With the exception of the DeVille, it blows the other two out the window. I love all the amp options, sweet distortion, and the effects it provides. I don't even need my MT-2 anymore. If this was stolen, I would find the guy, bash his head in with the grill, and take it home. // 10

AD30VT Reviewed by: rednightmare, on july 30, 2007

Features: Ok, you can tell what the features are by looking at the other reviews, so I don't need to go through them again. Someone was asking for a more unbiased review, so I decided as I've been using this amp for more than one and a half years I would make the attempt. The amp moddeling section is overall quite good. You can get a wide variety of tones just from changing the modelling knob. With extra tweaking of gain, volume and EQ the range of tones multiplies. For the purpose of variability in tone this amp is an excellent buy. The only problem with the models I found is the AC15 which is a slightly quiter somewhat less toneful version of the AC30TB which is provided and makes the AC15 model obsolete. Apparently the amps models sound very litle like their conterparts, but as I have limited experience with a wide range of amps, this does not bother me and I can simply enjoy the sounds that the models produce. The effects section is much better than you'd expect on other amps in the price range (MGs etc.), but the way in which the effects are arranged in groups can be rather annoying if you want combinations that aren't already provided. If I wanted chorus and tremelo for example, this would be impossible without the use of a pedal. The auto-wah is not as bad as it's made out, and is a usable effect if you know how to set it up to satisfaction. The controls on the effects section can be quite confusing at first, but once you understand and are used to them you realise they are quite ituitive. The channels are, simply put, not enough. I use a clean channel and a heavy overdrive channel, but sometimes I want something softer or some light crunch, and I have to use the manual function to get these without altering my already saved effects. If I wanted to use the same tone with different effects I would have to do the same. If there was simply one or two more channels or a manual button on the footswitch, this problem would be solved. Contrary to other reviews' claims, this amp is not tube. It is technically a hybrid, but unlike most hybrids which are in effect a marketing scheme, this product uses a solid-state pre-amp, which allows the range in tones, and then uses a pre-amp tube in the power-amp section to emulate tube response and warmth. This amp can go extremely loud, and I have never tested it at anywhere near full volume (all three volume controls at full). It can also be conveniently quiet whilst still retaining tone, and it has a line out/ headphone jack for extension speakers and obviously headphones for private playing. // 7

Sound: I'm currently using a Vintage Les Paul with Wilkinson pickups. I play a wide range of music but mostly rock and some metal and it's very good at those kinds of tones. It also has gorgeous cleans on any of the channels up to UK '70s, and all of the clean channels can be turned up to get some crunch. Generally speaking the further up the list you go the more crunch you get. The heavier distortions can be a little fuzzy but for a nice warm overdrive this amp is probably one of the best in it's price range and type. For really heavy metal tones it can be a little loose but it's not impossible to get decent metal tones out of it which some people suggest. It might not be as easy as other amps, but it can be done to great effect. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I've had this amp for quite a while and I've never had a problem with it, however, there have been quite a few complaints about durability, most notoriously reports of the income jack being lost inside the amp. Going in to fetch it breaks your warranty, and paying a trained electrician just to stick it back out again is not appealing. Although this has not happened to me with this amp, I also own a Vox DA5 and this problem has occured. Fortunately as it is a battery-powered amp I can simply reach inside and screw it back in place, but it can be a hassle. The metal grille that many people boast as being very durable seems very flimsy, but I have not tested it violently. // 6

Overall Impression: Overall, if you want an inexpensive amp for a variety of classic rock and clean tones then this is your amp. If you're into heavier stuff then it is also thoroughly usable, the only problems one might encounter are a lack of tight distortion for modern metal. // 7

AD30VT Reviewed by: molland, on november 07, 2005

Features: This amp is awesome, for its fairly compact size, it hosts a real punch. Vox are owned by Korg (another great sound company), and as a result the AD30 features a Krogs modelling unit. This effect unit is incredibly simple to use, I got it out the box and figured out how to use it straight away. The VFS2 foot controller (avalible seperatly) switches between two prgrammes, and bypasses the effect, leaving you with the clean amp sound. This is very useful for live gigging as well as your usual effect pedal. // 9

Sound: With one ECC83 dual triode valve in the preamp stage of the amplification, the AD30 has an amazing tone, ephasised when turned up to its max. When you select a boutique amp model or a black 2X12, it has a very nice silky tone perfect for rhythm playing. Turn to the later US hi-gain or nu-metal amp models and you face massive distortion; perfecttly suited to the shredders among you. // 9

Reliability & Durability: If you want a solid amp that will last, this is it. The chunky metal grill at the front of the amp prevents any damage to the speaker cone while the thick side panels resist any unnecessary abuse such an inadverted kick. However, with all valve amps, thius does have a glass valve which is fragile and as a result, it is recomended that you move it as little as possible. // 9

Overall Impression: If you need a powerful amp on a budget, want to impress your mates, be heard over the others guitarists at a jam or simply searching for a more pure tone; this amp is for you. If you buy it from a store, try to negotiate a price on the VFS2 foot controller as this greatly enhances the experience of this amp. // 10

AD30VT Reviewed by: Dirk Gently, on january 12, 2006

Features: All the metal-faced Valvetronix amps come with the same number of amp models (11), three band EQ, gain and volume control with master volume. The AD30VT also comes with 11 on-board FX settings. There is a preset button for hearing the amp's settings from the factory; a manual button, for hearing the amp the way the knobs are set; and 2 channels for saving custom programs. No footswitch comes with the amp, but can be bought separately. The wattage going through the power amp section is adjustable for. 1-30 watts. There's a headphone/line out jack that kills the speaker when something's plugged into it. // 9

Sound: I have 3 electric guitars I use with this, one has humbuckers, one has soapbars, and one has single coils. I can dial in really good sounds with any of them, although each guitar definitely has its own preferences. I play all varieties of rock (except for any incarnation of "metal" - death metal, nu-metal, thrash metal, I killed my mom for a nickel metal, etc), with my favorites being "art rock" (Jeff Buckley, Radiohead, etc) and '90s alternative rock. The amount of useable, musical tones this amp can make is immesurable, although some of the distortion channels are too similar for my liking (UK modern v. nu-metal, for example). The middle models (AC10 through UK '80s) respond well to having their gain either pushed or backed off. The clean-oriented models break up well for a searing blues tone. One complaint I have tone-wise is that it's too bassy. You can never really get a truly bright, glassy tone out of the amp. I think they could've made the EQ section a bit more dynamic. That being said, the AD30VT is the best sounding of its brethren because the 10" speaker; the strong bass tendencies of the amp get really, really muddy with the 12" speaker of the AD50 or AD100. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I wouldn't gig with this amp unless I was playing a small, coffee house-type venue, but that's just because of the size. Seems sturdy enough. I like the top-mounted knobs, too. It's too bad more companies don't do this (I ripped 2 at once off my Mesa/Boogie, that was a $150 repair). // 10

Overall Impression: I've been playing for about 10 years. I've owned four or five other amps in my life, but this is my first hybrid and my first modeling amp. This amp is the best one available for the money. Its tonal qualities blows its digital competition out of the water (I tried a few Line 6's along side this amp and let my ears choose). I wish they would've tossed in a footswitch, the optional one only has 2 buttons anyway. I would replace it instantly if it ever was stolen. This amp is capable of producing at the very least a credible sound for whatever genre of music I'm playing. At best, it sings. I give it a 10 because of its low price and the size and quality of the sound you get for that money. If you're looking for a small amp and you dabble in lots of different genres of music, definitely consider this amp. Word to the wise, though this one you'll definitely want to get the manual for, especially if you want to appreciate the authenticity of the analog modeling. // 10

AD30VT Reviewed by: paul_alex90, on january 31, 2006

Purchased from: Merchant City Music

Features: This amp has a whole lot of features to play with. It has a amp selector knob with which you can select from 11 different classic valve amps. There is also a preset mode for each of these amps which has been set up with effects, gain, treble, middle, bass etc to suit that amp, but you can always customise in manual mode. This amp also has 11 decent effects which means that you can get hundreds of different sounds playing around with amp and effect settings. Another very usefull feature is the power level knob on the back of the amp. This lets you reduce the power of the amp so you can take full advantage of that tube and crank up the master volume without blowing your room up. One downside is that you can only save 2 channels and footswitch is not included. // 10

Sound: I use this amp with an Epiphone LP std and it works perfectly. I can get countless tones with no feedback or hum atal. The sound is fantastic, I play all different sounds and can get beautiful clean sounds from Black 2X12 or hevey distortion from Numetal or US Higian. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I've never had any problems and it seems solid as a rock. // 10

Overall Impression: I went into the shop with my heart set in a Marshall MG30DFX when this afforable tube amp caught my eye and I had to have a go and itb totally blew that little Marshall away. The sound is so much nicer and the effects are so so so so much better and more versitle. I would deffinently get this again if it was lost (not likely) or stolen (I hope it's not likely for the health of the thief). So, if your looking for a good beginer/intermediete amp, look no further than the Vox AD30VT. // 10

AD30VT Reviewed by: Quentin Greysin, on december 11, 2007

Features: First of all I'm a beginner, this is a beginners amp so I'm writing it from that viewpoint. This was my first real amp (I started out using a computer speaker) and the reason the price was lower then usual was because someone had brought it back and it several nicks and bumps on the exterior. It still worked fine but the store needed to get rid of it for shelf space. I believe it was made in either 2006 or 2007. This amp is great for a beginner or intermediate player Who wants a wide variety of sounds. With the almost endless settings you can get any sound from clear queenish sounds to full on death metal. It has 11 effects settings (wah, phaser, reverb, flanger, etc). No sounds or effects on this are great but they are all perfect for a beginner like myself. The amp is easy to use and after about 15 minutes I had found several settings that I liked and could be saved into the amps manually set stored channels. For the price and sound there's no better deal. // 10

Sound: Like I said I'm reviewing this for what it is.Of course it's no Marshall but it's not meant to be. This amp is designed to give beginners a fun opportunity to find the sound they like. I tried other similar amps (Crate, Roland, Line 6) and this was defiantly the best of the bunch. I use this with a Kramer strat copy (unknown model) and it sounds pretty decent. My friend used a start on it and it sounds much better, of course the sound you get will be effected by your guitar. This amp sound best (in my opinion) when at higher volume as lower volume seems to seem more fuzzy and less like real distortion. The distorion seems best on the less intense channels (UK '70s, '80s, AC30) and I can get great acdc, White Stripes and other mid level distortiony band sounds. You can also Switch to the higher channels for a more modern sound. I wasn't as impressed with the cleaner channels but mabye that's just me. The effects aren't wonderful but there fun to use if your just starting. // 8

Reliability & Durability: No problems so far. I got it returned and it had a few scratches I've bumped it around a bit and it seems like it could stand up to some banging about. // 10

Overall Impression: I am just beginning but my interests lie in classic, hard, and blues rock and this amp serves my needs well. If this was stolen I would buy another one without a second thought. It's great for beginner players and I haven't had a problem with it yet. I compared it to similar amps like the spider and Roland cube and it was definitely superior. I'm definitely going to be using it for sometime and I'm planing on getting another Vox amp once I get better and it's time to upgrade. that wont be for some time though but this amp will serve me wonderfully until then. // 9

AD30VT Reviewed by: The-Ben, on august 06, 2008

Purchased from: an eBay Shop

Features: The Vox Valvetronix series caught my eye a while ago, so after playing one of these at my local music shop, I realised I needed to own one. It contains a single tube so it's a hybrid but it works quite well. This amp has a fantastic range of features including 11 different amp models and 11 built in effects. This goes from a Boutique Clean tone to a US high gain which gives you a very wide variety of tones for different styles. The effects included are your standard effects (auto wah, reverb, chorus) but I was happy to find it included things like compressor and flange. However it uses three different edit knobs so you can shape the effect, which gets complicated. And all the knobs with two volumes, a power knob (which lets you change the power, from 30watt to about 1 watt) and all these buttons on the top make it a complicated little amp to get used to. // 9

Sound: I use a Fender Standard Stratocaster so I use the single coil pickups which sound great and can really match those tones I need. I mostly play funk, blues and a standard rock tone which this amp gives a fantastic range of sound for all of these genres. But it could do many more and I've even found some good metal tones for the people who like that kind of thing. It's a fairly loud amp at full power and enough for small gigs but I personally like to mic up the amps if I want a louder sound than having to carry round some 120watt beast (like the Crate I previously owned). The distortion can a crunchy tone to sound great, and especially if you want a nice blues sound. // 10

Reliability & Durability: As I said before, this uses it's a valve amp which means its bound to break down sometime. Which means as it could blow anytime at all so I always make sure I have a backup. It's a robust little amp with a metal grill that's taken a few bashes but nothing has damaged it. There's also a problem where the lead socket where it falls into the amp which many owners have comented on but apart from the valve I would say it was a fairly reliable amp. // 8

Overall Impression: Personally I love this amp and it's perfect for me, if it was stolen I would definatly buy another one. I especially love the amount of tones available and I prefere this to many Marshalls I tried before. I feel a useful feature could of been a built in tuner which I miss from my previous amps. However this a fantistic piece of guitar hardware which I could easily fully recomend to anyone. // 9

AD30VT Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 03, 2006

Purchased from: buckley's music

Features: This amp rocks period. Great sound, effects, look, price you name it. It's a tube amp and you'll be surprised how loud it is for a fairly small amp. It extremely striaghtforward to use no tricks or things you'll miss and the VSF2 footswitch (optional) works great with 2 programmable channels and 2 effects, or 2 channels and another setting for what is manually put on the amp it can be switch back and forth. // 10

Sound: This amp is my best amp yet I've have a 65 watt Peavey Envoy and a 65 watt Crate GTX and they come nowhere close to what my Vox can do. I play rock, blues, metal, punk anything I feel like playing at the time and this amp does it all and makes it sound great. The 11 different amp models give you perfec clean tones too awesome distortion. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Although I have only had this amp for a short time I have treated it very well but I know it would stand up to abuse. The metal grill on the front is thick enough to stand up to near anything haven't used it for a gig yet but I'm looking forward to it. // 10

Overall Impression: My overall impression of this amp couldn't be better. It is a great amp for any kind of music and if it were lost or stolen I would absolutly buy another one. // 10

AD30VT Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 11, 2006

Features: I'm not sure of the year that the amp was made in but it seems fairly new. I mainly play rock and heavy metal which the amp has no problem handling, just crank up the distortion on the most metal sounding voice and you have a great heavy metal weapon. There is a headphones jack but for some reason it only works 50% of the time, I find this a bit strange and frustrating. // 9

Sound: I play a shine sil61 with has a very bassy and metal sound to it which just adds to the many types of sounds you can get with this guitar, with a flick of a button you can switch to heavy metal and with another flick you can swap straight back to a sound with no distortion which is perfect for classical. This amp has hundreds of combinations you can make (11 voices and 11 effects bass knob and more) all that stuff can make 100's of sounds! This amp has some of the most brutal distortion I have ever played with, ever heard the band In Flames? Well this amp can achieve more distortion than they can. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I play gigs with this amp and it holds out well, the only major problem I've had is that the place where you plug the lead from the guitar in the screw on the jack comes undone and you have to take the amp apart to get it back out which is a pretty major job. Sorry if that didn't make sense but I'm not very good with words. I would always have a backup for gigs but I cant afford another amp so this one has to do. // 7

Overall Impression: As I said before I play metal, rock and classical which the amp can handle very very well. I have been playing for about 2 years and I play a Shine Sil61 (which happens to be the greatest guitar ever made by a man). If my amp were lost or stolen I would hunt down the people who stole it and beat them up with the butt of my guitar and take the amp back, so yeah I would buy it again. I love everything about this amp, I don't hate anything about it. I wish it made coffee though, thats the only thing I wish it could do. // 10

AD30VT Reviewed by: Gaz_m2k5, on february 27, 2006

Purchased from: Peter Cooks Guitar World

Features: A port for a footswitch. Loads of effects. Loads of different amp sounds. Use for anything, gigging or practising because it has a power knob at the back so you can change it to 15W if you want. 2 channels to save presets. Tube amp. Sounds incredible, the different amp sounds are great, and the quality is excellent. // 9

Sound: Has loads of different sounds. Can suit whatever type of music you play and can be teamed up with the effects including autowah. The sounds are customizable too, treble and bass adjustments, also middle and of course gain. The acoustic sounds are great, 3 different proper acoustic sounds with great quality. No buzzing in the background or anything because its a tube amp. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This is one bad part but its not too bad. If you search on the internet "Vox AD30 input fell in" you'll find lots of stories about how the input jack on the amp comes loose and receeds inside the amp. This happened to me about 4/5 months after getting the amp. However it is an easy fix. My dad was able to fish it back out and screw it in again without even having to open the amp. Most people have said they can just open the amp and its an easy fix so don't be put off by this. I never had to deal with Vox so I don't know anything about how long they would of had it for if I sent it in for repairing. // 5

Overall Impression: If I could choose another amp I wouldn't. I am even thinking that if I ever want a beter amp I will just get a Vox AD50VT (just a louder version of this) because it's great. Definetely better than any Marshall. Am well pleased. // 9

AD30VT Reviewed by: #1 Guitarist, on february 28, 2006

Purchased from: Crowley's Music Shop

Features: This amp is a very good amp. It is worth every cent of the 260 Euro it costs. You get real power out of the 30 watts. There is 11 effects on it including wah, reverb, delay, chorus and flanger. A lot of these effects are used in metallica songs, which I play a lot of. So it's the perfect amp for me. It has a jack at the back for headphones or a foot pedal which is very handy if you dont wanna disturb other people when playing. The only complaint I have is when you want to really turn up the power when playing with a band, it starts squeaking really loud, but thats only when youre close by the amp. It's also dissapointing that there's only two channels. I would prefer more for easier switching between effects. // 9

Sound: The distortion on this amp is really heavy. There is pre-amp settings so you can make it sound really heavy metal or just light. The clean amp mode is really crisp. There is a great sound off it. But sometimes the distortion can become blurry and you just have to turn it off. But it's mostly crisp, clean quality. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I would definetly use this for a gig. Apart from the fact that I can't afford another amp, it's very reliable and I wouldn't doubt it for a second. // 10

Overall Impression: I have lots of other gear, but this would be my most valued piece of equipment. I started out with a 0 Watt amp so this was a big step up. This amp will probably last me about three years. So big thumbs up for this Voxbox. // 9

AD30VT Reviewed by: TJM2482, on april 24, 2006

Features: I'm not completely sure what year it was made it, but It seems like it was made recently, it's not like a Vintage amp. This amp is very versatile. I can play anything from Red Hot Chili Peppers, to Joe Satriani, to Metallica, to Audioslave, and this amp does everything nicely. It has a variety of different settings, including 11 different amp types, gain, treble, middle, bass, and 11 built-in effects. There is also 2 channels that you can prgoam. There is also an imput for the footswitch, which is well worth it, especially if you want even more versatility. // 10

Sound: I'm using this amp with an Ibanez GSA60, with whatever pickups came with it. It suits my style well, while it have effects for when I want it to sound different, and it can also pump of great sound for '70s rock, '80s metal, '90s grunge, and even modern rock. The amp can get noisy depedning of course on how loud you put it. The variety of sound on this amp offers alot of variety. You can get anything from a bright clean tone, to a dark clean tone, to light '70s gain, to dark '80s metal, basicaly anything you want, this amp can handle. The clean sounds crisp, and doesn't get very distorted at high volumes. The distortion can get brutal, depending on the amp settings. If your on the US hi-gain or nu-metal settings, with gain at 10, and the compressor effect on, it gets brutal, but its not bad mostly. The sound is great, and I get get many tones out of it. The only problem I had was the types of gain, yet its possible, its a little difficult to get a type of gain thats not heavy, but not light. If there was an added amp setting that offered a medium gain, it would be nice, but you can still acheive this sound. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I can really depending on this amp. If I were gigging, I would be able to trust this amp without a backup. I dont think the amp has ever deteriorated in any way, though I've only had it for a month or two. I have yet to have any problems with it. // 10

Overall Impression: I play most types of rock. Mostly classic rock, and some '90s-modern. It's a great match, especially for its price. I have been playing guitar for about 6 months. I also own a Fender Frontman 15G amp, and this blows it out of the water. If it was stolen, I would either buy this, or save up a little more cash for the 50-60 watt model, just to be safe for gigging, but I'm sure this amp could handle small gigs. I love the versatility of the amp, I never get bored. What I hate about it, is when you turn the amp off, then back on, it resets the effect, so if you had delay or reverb on, it returns to wah, which can be annoying. I compared this to the Roland Cube 30, and I picked this because the Cube 30 was more for metal, and the Vox is more for classic rock, but can handle most types of music. I wish you could use some of the effects together, insted of just one at a time. // 9

AD30VT Reviewed by: Simon Acreman, on june 01, 2006

Features: This amp is about as versatile as you are going to get. From acoustic tones to electric tones, and from bluesy tones to thrash-metal tones; you can get pretty much any sound from this awesome amplifier. It is great for the classic rock sounds of the 70's and 80's and sounds awesome for modern metal. The amp model Switch gives you 10 options and when in manual mode the posibilities are endless. Unfortunately, you can only preset 2 channels, which can be irritating if more are required. It has a headphone jack, but no speaker output. It has all the effects you are likely to need included, but only one can be assigned to each channel. Any others that exist are likely to be there more for novely value than anything else. Currently, I use this amp for my garage and jamming with friends of mine. For this it is perfectly adequate, and I am assured that it is powerful enough for gigs. The 'Valvetronix' technology works similar to a regular tube amp and gives it all the awesome tones it needs. Like a normal tube amp, after a couple of seconds to warm up, it likes to be as loud as the wattage will allow, and Vox have realised that neighbours don't always want to hear what you play, just so you get the tone. Therefore they have added a Switch to alter the wattage so that the tone is always there. It also features a noise reduction system, so that when you're not playing, it cuts out that annoying hum you get on some amps. // 8

Sound: I personally play emo, punk and the odd bit of metal, not forgetting classic rock such as Queen. I stick rigidly to the bridge humbucker on my guitar to get the best tones. But overall it sounds great for my styles and the odd lick from elsewhere. With the volume up high and the wattage set to any setting, the sound is awesome, no hum, and it's brilliantly clear (as long as you want that). Unfortunately, with the Drive low on clean amp models, it is rather quiet and some distortion is required to get similar volumes to the distorted channels, which is not always great. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This amp will easily tabe a bit of heavy-handedness and at a high volume beating up the speaker, it is at it's happiest. I have never had any problems and if it were a dog, I would trust my life with it. // 10

Overall Impression: Vox and BCRich may seem an odd combination to some, but the tones I desire are easy to find and perfect. Comparing it to my practice amp, a 10-watt Marshall, it leaves the little amp standing, not only in terms of volume, but tone. I would quite happily buy another Vox, but perhaps the 50-watt equivilent - AD50VT. I love the tones, the only criticism is the volume of clean models. The next thing is to buy the accompanying pedal and or a Tonelab SE or similar. // 9

AD30VT Reviewed by: Edwardthegreat5, on june 26, 2006

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

Features: My amp was most likely made in 2006/2005. It's a really nice amp and has a lot of great features for the price you pay. It's excellent for my Bluesier style and has great cleans, it can even handle distortion perfectly. It is a hybrid amp(has a tube pre-amp and solid state power amp) but it still sounds a lot like a tube amp it has a great tube-feel to it. It come with 11 amp models, 11 effects, user programs, preset mode and a 10" speaker. It pretty much has all the features you'll ever need and you can even select the wattage from 0.1-30watts. // 10

Sound: I mainly use a Standard Strat and an Agile AL-2800 with this amp and it perfectly suits my bluesier style. It doesn't really get noisy and if it ever does it has a noise gate to reduce the noise. This amp sounds great when its cranked and it can easily be eard over drums. It has eleven effects, but they aren't really useful and I hardly ever use them. The only effect that I use are delay and reverb. The distortion can get pretty brutal if you're on the US high gain or nu-metal setting, and it sound great at high volumes as well. Like I said before, this amp has great cleans and is a very versatile amp. // 10

Reliability & Durability: It's a very reliable amp, it's loud enough for a gig and can still be used for home use. I mentioned before it is a hybrid, meaning it has a tube pre-amp and solid state power amp. It weighs about 30 pound and is relativly easy to carry around and can bea easily used to gig small shows and shows with PA systems. I really doubt this amp will ever let me down and hopefully it won't in the future. // 9

Overall Impression: I mainly play the blues and a lot of clean and classic rock and this amp perfectly suits my style. I've been playing for about 3 years and I consider myself a skilled player and have had a few amps in the past, but none as nice as this one for thr price. I did compare this to the Roland Cube 30 and the Vox was definately the better choice for my style. I would replace this in a flash if were to be stolen or vaporized, this is a great amp and I would hate to see stolen or destroyed. // 9

AD30VT Reviewed by: latenight57, on july 12, 2006

Purchased from: long and mcquade

Features: Amp was made in 2005. 30 watts, loud enough to wake up your neighbors due to the seemingly loud tube preamps. This one is quite versatile with many different channels and 11 effects. Sadly, I wish that the amp had an effects loop and an external speaker output, but the higher end models (50VT and 100VT) have them. The thing is, I would not reccomend getting anything past 50 watts in the valvetronix series, because in the price range beyond that you can get better amps such as the Marshall TSL series. // 7

Sound: I'm currently using this with a shitty Yamaha erg, but even with that guitar I can dish out some nice bluesy tones with the black 2x12 and tweed setting, set in the neck pickup. There is barely any feedback unless you press your pickups right up to the speakers, and even then only when in the distortion channels. However some downsides I find is that the clean channels are unbalanced in volume with the distorted channels. You can set the volumes equal and then save the settings, but it can get frustrating to get the volume balanced. What I find really amazing is the UK '70s setting, the one I use the most. Turning up the gain and two volumes to the max, and then adjusting the volume level with the watt knob at the back, you get a really brilliant and nice distortion. Turn the volume down on your guitar and you get a laid back clean. Good job on this one, Vox. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I can really depend on this amp, a proud owner for 4 months now. Every saturday our band jams together, so I have to haul this amp around in the trunk of the car. It can withstand beatings from mohammad ali, thanks to the front metal grille. Backup amps are not required, although if you're gigging the amps sound won't fill more than a small school gym. The preamp tubes hardly have to be changed. only thing I reccommend to everyone who owns this amp is to buy an L-shaped lead for the amp, do not use a straight jack into the input because the input will eventually fall down and you'll have to fish it out again. // 9

Overall Impression: I play blues rock, hard rock and sometimes a bit of funk. This guitar really brings out the tone of any guitar. Unfortunately the footswitch is sold separately but since I like using one setting I'm fine without it for now. seriously guys, UK '70s is the setting for you. Compared to those Roland cubes and crates, this one really blows them away. If lost or stolen I'd probably get myself a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe though. a nice amp for small gigs and jamming, the drums will not overpower this baby. // 8

AD30VT Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 01, 2006

Features: This is a great amp as far as features go. Not many amps have 11 different amp models and 11 different effects and still sound great. There is enough features on the amp to keep you entertained for quite a while. The only problem I have is that in order to Switch the effects, you have to be right by the amp to turn the knobs. To solve this, I would suggest buying the footswitch. other than that, I don't have too many problems. // 9

Sound: I tend to play lots of different styles of music. On most amps, finding the right tone means buying various pedals and lots of different knob configurations. But with this amp, the right tone is as easy as a twist of a couple of knobs. You can also save your favorite tone, but you can only save two (which is a major let down). This amp isn't noisy at all, even at high levels of volume and distortion, because the amp has noise cancellers within the amp. All of the amp models are true to their description. The clean channels don't get distorted at high volumes. Also, the distorted channels sound amazing and powerful. Most of the effects are great sounding (except for the auto wah). The problem with the effects is they are confusing to adjust and the directions aren't very helpful either. You might want to find someone who knows about the amp show you how they work. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I haven't had this amp for that long, so I don't know it's capabilities as far as durability, but I've dropped it a few times and it still works fine. It seems very sturdy and rugged. It also has a metal cage over the speaker which adds to the durability. And as far as reliability, I haven't encountered any problems and I don't see it breaking or blowing out any time soon so you can deffinately depend on this amp. // 8

Overall Impression: I think this is a great amp. I have been playing solid state amps up until this point, but now I will never go back. I was deciding between a solid state 50 watt Marshall and this amp. I chose the Vox because it had lots of cool effects and I could get a better deal. I love the great tube sound in this amp, and if it ever got stolen, I would deffinately by the same amp. My favorite part of the amp is all of the different amp models. They are great to play around with and experiment with. In my opinion, you can't get a better amp for this price and I have no regrets that I bought this amp. // 9

AD30VT Reviewed by: vOx 06, on september 18, 2006

Features: This amp has 11 amp models that go from clean to heavy distortion. It has 11 effects but you can't blend them however you want. It has almost every blend of two effects that you can get. The only effect I could think of that it doest have is amplifier vibrato which I wouldn't have used much anyway. It would be nice if the amp had two input jacks though. You can save two of your own settings which I found myself wanting more than that. // 9

Sound: I just use a Squier Strat and I still get good sounds with it. To get as clean as posible you have to put the gain almost all the way down then crank the volume which is a little annoying. The highest distortion you can get sounds really awesome, you need to crank the volume to get as distorted as possible. If you put reverb on high it can get a little noisy. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I've never had a promblem with this amp and it doesnt't look to easy to get through that chrome grill. You may have seen stories and read other peoples reviews about the jack being lose and breaking (or something like that). I'm not sure if that's true but it has never happened to me. // 10

Overall Impression: I recomend this amp to all people. I like to play classic and new rock and it sounds great while I'm playing both. The smallest version of this amp wont be heard over a drumset so I was told. Anyway if you are looking for a new amp look at this one for sure. // 9

AD30VT Reviewed by: Constantine, on september 19, 2006

Purchased from: Belle Aire Music

Features: Made in 2005, 11 amp types, 11 effects, headphone/line jack, and two programmable channels. Tube preamp, other than that, it's solidstate. Jack for footswitch, but you'll have to buy that seperately. This amp, for 30 watts, is surprisingly loud, and is definately gig worthy. Really, there isn't much more I could ask for, it's perfect for recording, and is great for live performances. // 9

Sound: This amp is all around great for all styles. From nu-metal to blues, it's always ready, but you've got to know how to set all of it. The amount of knobs and everything shoved into the small space on the top can be somewhat daunting, and will take you a while to get used to. I'm not really sure about noise, because I use noiseless pickups on all of my guitars, so there's never really a problem with that. My favorite aspect of the sound is the chorus/delay setting. The perfect way to make your guitar sing. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This amp is built to last. I've dropped it several times, and it never really needs that much done to it. The only problem I've had with it, was when the Input jack came unscrewed, and I had to go fishing around inside of it until I could get it back up, which took a good hour. // 8

Overall Impression: This amp is great for anyone looking to record, or do small-scale gigs. If it were stolen though, I'd probably go up to the AD50, 100, or even the head. I went through a bunch of amps before this, and I liked this one the most, in part because of the clean setting. Sounds incredible with the guitars I use. The one thing I would like, would be the 8 ohm speaker input jack on the AD50VT. Other than that, I couldn't ask for anything more. // 9

AD30VT Reviewed by: christheman, on november 11, 2006

Purchased from: Drone Sound

Features: The AD30VT and all of the members of the Valvetronix family are chock-full of cool features for a cheap price. It's a hybrid solid state/tube amp that produces a wide spectrum of sound. The AD30VT has 11 preamp models, 11 effects, 2 programmable channels, and 11 preset channels built in. It has a headphone jack, too. A neat feature is that you can adjust the output wattage so you can get the same sound with less of it. The eleven effects include compression, flanger, phaser, chorus, reverb, delay, tremolo, and many combonations. There is also a setting called "Auto Wah" which isn't all that great. You might as well just buy a pedal or that one. The preamp models are pretty decent, however I wish the "nu-metal" setting had more distortion. Istead, it sounds a lot like the other models. It has decent power, but you won't be using at least the 30vt variety at any gigs, unless it's for your grandparents. // 9

Sound: I play mostly metal-type songs with a lot of distortion, but I do some clean channel stuff from time to time. My guitar of choice is an Epiphone Les Paul Classic. The AD30VT does get me by for the metal stuff in combonation with my Les Paul, plus the clean channel is decent, but not standout. This amp is basically an all-around amp. It doesn't excell in anything, but it doesn't suck at anything either, so I would reccommend it for beginner to intermediate players, especially for its price. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I have really only had one incident with this amp a while back. For some reason at random times it would just stop playing. It wouldn't go off, just stop. I took it to the place where I bought it and of course when I got there, it played fine and hasn't done it since. Go figure. // 10

Overall Impression: This amp is all around. As I said, it isn't stand-out in anything, but it easily gets the job done. If I had to, I would definately do it again, especially for $245. Whilst at Drone Sound, I compared it to some other low budget Marshalls and Fenders, but considering how high-priced some of those can be, their cheap ones sucked pretty bad so they were really no contest for this amp. I do wish, however, that the conrtols weren't on top but on the front so you could stack things on it but overall, I am very pleased. // 9

AD30VT Reviewed by: hello_rockers, on december 29, 2006

Features: The amp I'm reviewing is the Vox AD30VT, the second lowest in the valvetronix series, Relaeased in 2004. I don't know when this was made, but that's when it was released. It basicly a classic stylevalve amp with the electronics of today incorporated. It has 11 preamp models(including numetal, us highgain and boutique clean), along with 11 effects (my favourites being, auto wah, compression, and reverb). With this ingenious amp you can store programs in channels 1 and 2, and have another effect ready on manual, so you can pretty much store 3 programs, which can be very handy if you quickly want to switch, especially during a gig, assuming you have the VFS2 dual footswitch to switch between your settings fast. Myself, I keep a smooth distortion on one channel, a classic clean on another and a really harsh wah on manual, for solos. I will soon be purchassing the VFS2, as I am gigging with it and my other guitarist has to play 2 guitar parts while I fiddle around with this to get onto my solo. Well, fiddle, I only have to press one buton, but I can't do the guitar part at the same time. I've been nattering, all I can say is, wow, it's awesome, and I wouldn't need anything else. Some people think it's a 30 watt as the name suggests but it's a 45, and it's very loud! // 10

Sound: I'm playing this through an Epiphone Les Paul Standard (which to be fair don't have great pickups) but, it's sounds awesome. It's just as versatile as my les paul, and sounds awesome on clean cos that's where the les paul stands it's ground as home (that and fat, distorted, full tones) my friends come round to play, and they vary from blues fans to black metal hardass's and it suited them all! It's not noisy at all, and you can turn down the power it uses at the back to reduce noise, while keeping all the tone! I haven't had any problem with the clean channel at high volumes (if I did, I'd change it, there's like 4 clean channels) and the distortion is somethin else in terms of all out slaughter! // 10

Reliability & Durability: I haven't had it long so you mite have to ask someone else, but it's easy to use and work out, and the manual only needs a quick onceover and you can prety much do anything you want with it, so no, that was unrelated, no problems yet, so far it's been fine evry time. Great. // 10

Overall Impression: Most of my review is in the first section, read it, overall this is the best amp I ever tried (except the 52 watt version I tried in the shop) and it's amazing, I'd definitely use it for giggin', next amp I'm gettin will probably b the same! It's really good, I love it, buy it if you have the money, it's seriously the best for the price, I've tried Marshalls, they're less versatile in this price range, it's amzing! // 10

AD30VT Reviewed by: stjimmy86, on april 05, 2007

Purchased from: Ted Brown Music

Features: This is a very versatile amp. The back of it says it can reach up to 45 watts which I definatly believe. I can play anything from Van Halen to Bad Religion and Eric Clapton on this thing, very versatile. There are 12 presets which you can take and modify using the knobs given. It has 2 channels that you can save as well as 12 differentn effects. You can save two distorted channels, two clean channels, or one of each. What I like a lot about this amp is that if my knobs get turned from where they are supposed to be, you can move the knob back to where you think it was, and a light will indicate whether or not that's where it was. It has a headphone jack in the back as well as a seperate volume knob to help you adjust the volume without ruining your sound. For me right now it has enough power. I just jam with some guys in someone's living room and it's loud enough to be heard over the other guitar and drums. It has a tube in the preamp. // 9

Sound: I use a strat copy with single coil pickups and it can make my piece of shit guitar sound pretty damn good. I like to play punk for the most part and it suits it moderatly well. The amp can get very clean as well as very dirty. There is a lot of variety to get the pefect settings you want. The clean channel can get a wee bit distorted at high volumes but it's hardley anything to worry about. Just make sure the gain is very very very low if not completely turned down. Distortion is not too brutal at all. Just about the right level for the music I play. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I've had it for 6 months and have not had a single problem with it. So as far as I can tell, I would not need a backup at a gig. I've yet to have anything go wrong with the amp. The only minor problem is with the footswitch I bought seperatly for it. When I Switch channels, it messes with the effects. Either I haven't read the directions closely or mine is screwed up. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall, this is a pretty good match for my style of music. This is my first step up from my beginner 0 Watt amp and so far I'm pleased. I have no regrets or problems with it and I'm pretty sure I'd buy it again if it were stolen or lost. I might go up to the 50 watt one though. I love it's versatility and I don't think I hate much about it. my favorite feature is the 12 different effects. I tried out some Fender amps before this and thought the Vox was better. I'm sastisfied with my purchase. // 8

AD30VT Reviewed by: Hanger 17, on june 23, 2007

Features: I bought the amp in 05' probably a bit older. The amp offers a really wide variety of features, from 11 amp models to 11 effects and 2 chanels. It has a power level control at the back aswell as a line out and a footswitch input. Very loud 30 watt amp and keeps up with my friend 100 watt. It didn't come with a channel footswitch was a bit dissapointing though I believe the 50 watt comes with one. The reverb, delay and rotary reverb are used regulary. // 9

Sound: I play metal mainly (Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Ozzy Osbourne, Metallica and other bits and pieces of metal bands) though I also like playing clean stuff and I play in my school jazz band and it holds up alright though the clean sound I like doesnt't get overly loud (though it is only a 30 watt) but it does the job). The best amp setting for metal is the nu metal model which gives out a bassy kind of distortion which I have been told has become my signature sound. Though compared to distortion of a Randall or Crate it would get slaughtered, my guitar isnt the best in the world either, I play through a Yamaha RGX121SJ which is stock but suprisingly has an extremely warm and full tone, the amp hums like a bitch if you don't turn the volume knob down or mute the strings (could be thanks to my pickups though) also when you use an effect and then turn it off, sometimes when your just sitting there not playing the effects can still slightly be heard. The amp is excellent for blues playing those and you get some wonderful tones out of it. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This amp has served me quite well through my endevours. iv only had it about 2 years though it's done some travelling. it's repeatedly transported between my mums house and my dads house every second weekend. Also my school did this thing where we went on an outreach thing to locations quite a way from where I Live playing to schools, salvation army, free gigs and alsorts and played some christian music (pretty heavy for christian music)(or we made it heavy) so it has survived bus travel, soaring heat, mishandling and kept up with 2 other 100 watts. I play in a band which is only in it's early stages so I don't know how it would go at a heavy metal gig yet though for things like rock it's fine, I always play it without a backup and went 10 days of travelling in high Australian arid region temperatures without a backup, survived fine, has a few scuffs and wear and tear marks but that's just natural. One thing that's annoying is when you turn it up past way it changes tone and the treble intensifies and sounds like crap, though you can turn the master voloume up and the normal volume down to fix that problem or just buy a bigger amp. // 9

Overall Impression: I have been playing for four years now and when I bought the amp I had no idea what I was looking/listening at/to and was talked into buying it by the shop salesmen. If I had my time again I wouldn't buy it because it was too expensive for what you get, though other people Who don't play metal swear by them (like the shop salesmen). This amp has served it's purpose and actually helped me find the tone that I wanted to achieve, oldschool enthusiasts and blues players should definately look into this amp, I believe it was worth the money because it is extremely durable. If it were stolen, my heart would drop because atm I don't have the money for a new one and then I would report it missing to the cops (actualy I should put my name on it just incase it turned up in a pawn shop) and hope they got it back. I'm looking to upgrade in a few months... actually more than a few and I have no idea what to get because I don't want something with distortion as bad as this. Great quality amp, great blues and clean tone, CRAP for metal. which is what I need that's why marked it down. // 7

AD30VT Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 15, 2007

Features: This is a Brand New amp, and it totally rocks! I play classic rock and punk/grunge, and this amp can do anything. My only gripe about the entire thing is the new XL series has an octave feature and this doesn't, I want an octavia for jimi's solos! This thing can blow me practically out of a garage on about 1/2 to 3/4 power, because of the awesome power level control on the back. Sounds tube, has a tube, do whatcha want, when you want it. // 9

Sound: Right now I'm only using a Epi Les Paul and a cheap Strat, but this thing can even make a crummy guitar sound good. With the different amp models I can Switch from ACDC to Sabbath to Nirvana and then back to Hendrix, just moving one knob! The auto wah is so awesome, it really trebles up the tone, and if you strum hard enough, it acts kinda like a treble boost. The distortion can be none on the BoutiqueCl and Blackface 2x12, and screaming on UShigh gain and numetal. However UK modern, with high bass and low treble with make Black Sabbath's sound available right at your fingertips. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Never had a problem, dropped it once or twice. Been kicked. Drove in my truck with me everywhere (and you had better not see me drive). This thing will take a lickin' and keep on kickin', no complaints. I think this thing can take it all on with no problems. As for a gig, I don't have enough money for a backup, so if it breaks, I'll play unplugged I suppose. // 10

Overall Impression: Vox rox! I've been playing six hours a day for as long as I can think back and this is my first actual amp that I've bought worth the money. If someone stole this, I would go after them with my strat and beat the living crap out of them. The only thing I wanted more was some memory for storing presets, it only has two. This amp, for the price, beats Marshall for versatility and Line 6 all around. I bought a Line 6 Spider 111, and I took it back the next day for this. // 10

AD30VT Reviewed by: athlete1, on august 22, 2007

Purchased from: Guitar center

Features: I am pretty sure my amp is the 2006 model. Very nice little amp with tons of features. I play all styles of music and I am almost positive this is one of the best small amps you can buy. Simple but, has a lot in it. This is a tube amp for jamming and practicing, and comes with gain, volume, treble, mid, bass, and master volume controls. You can also use a preset amp setting. It comes with auto wah, comp, comp phaser, comp chorus, chorus delay, chorus reverb, delay, and regular, tremolo, rotary, and flanger reverbs. All effects are adjustable in two ways depending on what effect you are adjusting by using the tap and bypass buttons with the edit knob. Bypass by itself bypasses the effects. It also comes with 11 channels that range from distorted or overdriven and clean. // 9

Sound: Sounds great with any guitar.I am currently using an Epiphone Les Paul Special 2 and an Ibanez on it, and both sound good. The clean channels sound great, and if set right can also give an acoustic effect. They never distort.The distorted channels are pretty decent too. Very heavy sounding (to offset this simply add more treble). This amp will suit all styles of guitar. It has no feedback and performs well. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Very reliable. Consistently sounds great and holds up to weather. Mine has been played in 35 degree weather and the worst thing to happen was it took a while to warm up. Is perfect for small gigs and jamming and needs no back up. No parts have ever broken on mine, which is about a year old. // 10

Overall Impression: This amp was chosen over every amp in guitar center. Just the best amp for the money, and had the most effects of any amp. Awesome for any music, is rock solid, and works with any gear. Especially sounds great on the reverb setting with guitars with warm tone. I only wish there was more than one jack and it had an headset jack, but otherwise is perfect. I would definitely buy more Vox gear if my amp was lost or broken. // 10

AD30VT Reviewed by: cazzman, on september 17, 2007

Features: This amp can play any style of music you like to. It has gain, volume, treble, middle, and bass control so if you don't like the original sound of any of the presets you can fix it up. This amp gives channels so you can save your favourite mixture of effects and amp presets. The only thing that I don't really like is that it only has 2 channels and I have a lot to save. This amp has 11 effects and 11 amp presets so overall it has 121 different combinations. I have used every singly one. I use this amp in a small room or in my garage and it seems to have a great amount of power so I can be louder than the drums. There is only one problem with this: a guy 2 doors down hates us playing music. When you buy this amp it will probably come with a little thin cardboard shit that tells you how to manipulate the effects. Warning it rips very easily! This came in handy at first so don't put your foot on it. After a while though I figured out the settings. // 10

Sound: I use this amp with my sleek, sexy Ibanez ARC100. I usually only use the Bridge pickup on this guitar mostly cause it fits my playing needs but if it's a lighter song I'll use the neck pickup. This amp is very quiet but if used with some distortion it will catch some amazing feedback for those certain songs. You can play anthing from acoustic songs (with an acoustic/electric), soft songs heavy songs, uber songs, '80s and '70s, nu-metal, and even modern UK songs. The distortion can be heavy or just add a little bit to your songs but it is not rough at all. Did I mention it comes with 6 different kinds of overdrives and distortion. Amazing! // 10

Reliability & Durability: I can depend on this amp in my house but I'm too sure it's big enough to play a Live show. I only use it for jamming and in house practicing. This amp has never broke down and I hope it never will because I am proud that I chose this amp. It will probably last me for years. // 9

Overall Impression: I am so impressed by this amp the sure power that comes from only a 45 watt amp. I have been playing this amp for a year now and there is no fuzz in the background all the Effects sound clear, and all the different combinations. I am proud to say this is definitely my favourite effects aamp that I have ever played. There is only one thing about this amp it's for full song effects, you can't just stomp on it and it will change. If this amp was stolen I would buy a new one or maybe a bigger effects amp from Vox. There is on thing that I should event for it and it will be: it comes with a little pedal and you preset the effect you want then you steep on the pedal and it will put it on and off but you can only probably use effect with that. Overall I think this amp is great and if your thinking about buying a personal efects amp I recommend this one. // 10

AD30VT Reviewed by: sg4ever, on december 18, 2007

Purchased from: Hickory Wind Music

Features: I'm not sure when the amp was made, but it has a lot of useful features. I think the amp with a pedal is very versatile for my styles, which range from gospel, contemperary worship, bluesy rock, '70s hard rock (such as Led Zeppelin), '80s rock ballads and metal, brit flavored pop/rock, alt/rock, grungy rock, punk/pop, post-hardcore screamo, Christian rock (normal and heavy styles), and metal/core. It has 11 amp models, 11 tweakable digital effects, 2 footswitchable channels to preset as you wish, a preset(sucky) and manual mode, headphone jack, and a knob to adjust the watts. It has 30 watts, but I Drive it louder than my other amp that had 65 watts! It's plenty loud enough for a 150 person gig without a mic, but if miked properly I could use it in a larger gig situation. I do wish that there was one more channel to preset and that some of the cheesier effects that most use pedals for (flanger, phaser, etc.) weren't there. That aside, it's decent solid state/hybrid amp that was the much larger end of the stick for the trade-in of my other amp. // 9

Sound: I use a Greg Bennet AV3 with two Duncan designed humbuckers. Paired with this amp I can get a rainbow of good sounds out of the amp. The cleans are rich and resonant with a fat low-end. The distorted tones go from classic overdrive to heavy distortion. When you crank the gain and push the master volume to about 6 on the clean models you can get a pretty lush blues tone. I prefer to keep the cleans crisp and clear though. The overdriven tones are pretty good. I like to use Boutique OD then set the treble and bass at 5. Then I crank the mids fully for a thick, crunchy, mid-gain tone. The high gain tones and even the overdrive tones can be pretty muddy if not set properly due to the bassy emphasis of this amp, though no amount of tweaking got the high gain models to sound tight enough for fast metal riffs and metal/core melodies. It's quite by accident that I found that my Behringer Ultra Metal pedal (crap as far as heavy distortion effects go, but it doesn't get much better for the price) set to zero gain and with eqs set at 5 except for mids (7 for both of them) made my crunch tones much tighter and it didn't sound thin and tinny! Using this pedal to boost my distortion sounds the amp can get tight and smooth overdriven tones and metal distortion. It sounds like crap if you accidentally turn the amp distortion off though. The best part of the sound is that the amp doesn't get very tinny at high volumes though I don't turn up higher than 6 or 7 because it sounds best there. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I would depend on the the amp as it's very reliable when you get everything set the way you want. I've actually gigged without a backup and I'd do it again. My stuff will only break down from old age anyway, because I treat my gear like priceless artifacts. // 10

Overall Impression: I've already mentioned the styles I like to play and it's a hassle to say it all again. The amp with my pedal handles it well though. I've no regrets about it except maybe more volume for when I play bigger places. I mic if I need to anyway. I'd get this amp again if I lost it or it was stolen. It's better than most amps in it's price range. I'd only get a different amp if I were getting a nice tube amp such as Peavey, Marshall, Mesa Boogie, or Traynor (my next endeavor). // 9

AD30VT Reviewed by: wannaberocker19, on january 23, 2008

Features: The AD30VT is a solid-state/tube moddeling amp, and it has eleven amps and eleven effects built in. Amps range from the Boutique Clean and Blackface 2x12(Fender Twin) to US highgain and nu-metal, etc. This amp can play anything from The Animals to Marilyn Manson, and almost everything inbetween. The effects are auto/wah, comp, chorus, phase, flange, reverb, delay, and several combined. Only wish it had octave, the XL model does. This amp is definetly loud enough to make my ears buzz for a couple of hours on full blast, and it can go quiet enough that my parents can't hear it in the next room. Only gripe is it doesn't have enough channel memory space for you custom presets. Too bad. // 9

Sound: I'm running an Epi'65 SG reissue, and this amp is a dream with the volume up a little so the tube warms up. With built in noise reduction, there is almost no feedback, even at full volume! My favorite setting is Blackface 2x12, full gain and treble, no middle or bass. Say hello to Clapton, the Sex Pistols, and sweet tone for any other kind classic rock you want. UK Modern gives insane distortion, and can make Sabbath sound wicked, and even play Manson, Rob Zombie, etc. If the song your playing has electric guitar on it, this amp will certainly be able to play it. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This ain't never gonna break, I haul it around everything, even in below freezing temps. It's a brick wall. I'd go to a gig in a heartbeat, as long as the other guys amps were 100 watt super leads or something, because I'd be blown away. Never broke, even had some idiot set it by a heater and leave it there and it worked (I about killed him). Bulletproof. // 10

Overall Impression: This is the first amp I've ever bought worth the money. Marshalls version can't compare, Line 6's good version is a lot more, this is what's worth the money! If someone stole it, I'd go run them over, beat their head in with the amp, and then play it afterwords. I love it because it let's me play almost any genre of music, and I have some eccentric tastes. If only it had more memory, I would of gave it a perfect ten, maybe an eleven. // 9

AD30VT Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 05, 2008

Purchased from: www.gak.co.uk

Features: This is an extremely versatile tube amp, I play various styles, classic rock, blues, metal and it caters for all. It features two switchable channels, with 11 built-in amp types and 11 high quality effects. As you can see, it comes well equipped for any guitarist, and I can't really think of any more features I'd like to see on it. I use it as a practice amp in my bedroom, and it has a power level knob on the back designed for the purpose of toning down the power to 5 watts, for private practice, and then you can turn it back up to 30 if you want to play on a small stage. When up to full, it is extremely loud, and I've never turned the master volume up high on 30 watts, so it could easily perform on a stage I reckon. // 10

Sound: I am currently using it with an Epiphone Les Paul Special II, and it plays like a dream. I can play most styles with it thanks to it's range of built-in amp models, with presets that are typical settings on those amps. It does however take quite a bit of tweaking to get the sound you want if you don't want to use a preset, and it can hiss and crack if the gain is turned up to high on some amp models. It has a noise reduction setting, which is excellent, but when turned to full, it can cut out some notes completley. I have yet to explore it's full range of sound, I mainly use the Numetal and UK Modern amp modes for a heavy metal kind of sound, usually with a delay or reverb effect which are built in. You can bypass these effects if you wish simply by pushing a button, but the effects are superb, and you can adjust the parameters so they sound different. I honestly don't think you could buy a better Wah effect than the one that is built into this amp. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This is a very dependable amp, but I wouldn't use it on a gig without a backup, I've heard the tubes can blow with quite serious consequences also. Despite this, I have used the amp for hours everyday for about 2 months now, and never experienced any major problems. I thought it wise to register with Vox for servicing though, as it seems the tube amps require a lot more servicing and attention. // 7

Overall Impression: I play many styles of music that fit into rock, and I think this amp is a good match for me. I have been playing for over a year now, and own an Epi Les Paul Special II, as well as some multi FX and a DigiTech Stompbox, all of which work well with the amp. If it were lost or stolen, I'd be pretty pissed off, and might consider the 50 watt model instead, or a Marshall Micro Stack. I love it's appearance, the aluminium grill and the way the controls are on top of the amp, as opposed to on the front as I'm used to with the Marshalls, it saves crouching down all the time. I don't like the hissiness you get sometimes though, and I think there are a lot of stompboxes you'd have a job using it with. The effects already built in reduce the need for stompboxes though, and one of my favourite features is probably the the Auto-wah. I chose this amp over a Marshall MG30, and I'm sooo glad I did. // 9

AD30VT Reviewed by: phatpat1724, on february 11, 2008

Features: The Vox AD30VT is part of their Valvetronix lineup, some of the best practice amps out their. My particular amp was made in 2007, and it hasn't ever let me down. This is by far the best practice amp for rock and blues styles. Through the 11 different amp models, the AD30VT can take you all the way from a completely clean sound to a slight crunch to a gainy lead tone. This Amp has 3 channels. You have 2 saved channels that you create yourself and a manual channel that reflects the settings on the knobs. It also has a headphone/line-out jack for recording, and have 11 different effect presets. The only 2 things I wish this amp had were an effects loop and an auxiliary input so you could jam with your mp3 player. Overall, though, it has incredible features. // 9

Sound: I am playing an Epiphone SG through a Dunlop Crybaby Wah through an Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone to the AD30VT. As I said before, The AD30VT is by far the best amp for rock and blues styles. That's great, because I mostly classic rock and blues. This amp is almost never noisy, even on it's highest gain setting because it has a built in noise gate that is easy to use. The amp can make thousands of different sounds because of it's 11 amp models and 11 effects that are built in, and there is plenty of variety. The clean channels stay clean at high volumes, but you could make them break up a bit by adjusting the gain knob. Because this amp is the best classic rock and blues amp, the distortions aren't too brutal, but you could by a distortion pedal or try out the new XL series of Valvetronix amps. Overall, the quality and variety of tones make this an extremely good sounding amp. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This amp is very reliable from my experience. Granted, I've only owned the AD30VT for 2 months, and I've heard that it might have reliability problems down the line, including power failures and unreliable jacks. However, I have never experienced anything bad happening to the amp and I expect that I won't have any problems for a long time. // 7

Overall Impression: The AD30VT is a perfect match for my style of playing. I've been playing for 2 years and this is a great match for me. If this amp were stolen, I would probably go for an all tube amp. The 2 other products I compared this to are the Roland Cube 30X and the Line 6 Spider III. The Roland is a great alternative to this if you play more metal, and the Line 6 is good for no one. Overall, I love this amp because it offers the versatility in tone and great sound that no other amp in this price range can match. // 10

AD30VT Reviewed by: Calvin Waller, on march 27, 2008

Features: The first Valvetronix came out a few years ago but I just got mine about a month ago. It looks like a new model. This amp has eleven different amp styles. It has three clean channels, three with a little bit of dirt, and the four after those have gain, gain, and more gain. I play mostly everything between blues and classic metal and this amp can deliver the tone that I need. This amp has two programmable channels. Meaning, if you find a sound that you like, you press the "write" button and pick the channel you want it in so you can save it. These amps also support a two button footswitch, one for channel switching and one to turn on and off the effects. I don't know if it has an effect loop, but it does have eleven built in effects ranging from reverb, flange, wah, chorus, and some other effects. I don't think that it has a headphone jack. I wish this amp had some more space in the back for me to add a couple of tubes in it. Even though it has a real 12AX7 tube in the back (really, it does). It does have another cool thing, it has a control in the back that can turn the amp wattage between about one to thirty watts so you can have the master volume on at all times (you should because it makes the tube work better). It has a ten inch speaker and is somewhat a tube amp because it has a tube in it to give it more tonal punch with extras like lots of effects like a solid state amp. // 10

Sound: I use this amp mainly for my Les Paul because it has Seymour Duncan pickups. My pickup configuration is a PAF '59 in the neck and a JB in the bridge with a coil tap. Mostly I use the JB for most things because it brings out the clarity that this amp can deliver. I play the classic things from Stevie Ray Vaughan and Peter Frampton to Deep Purple and Ozzy Osbourne. This amp can dish out the cleans and crunches because of the eleven amp models. The amp can get noisy at times but it is a good thing that this amp came with a noise reduction capability. But don't use too much of it, if you are soloing, the sustain will be cut short very quickly. So use it with the higher gain sounds. It sounds the best in a large room like a garage or outside. This amp has a lot of variety. The "UK '80s" channel sounds just like a Marshall JCM800, for all the old heavy metsl rockers like me. And this amp has a Vox AC15 model and a Vox AC30 model for the Vintage lovers. Basically, this amp is for everyone. The clean channels can be a little distorty at times because you have the gain too high, all the knobs on this amp work with each model so be carefull with the gain knob on the clean settings. The distortion is amazing. The high gain models on this amp are real models of some real amps. It has some distortion modes from twenty-some years ago to todays music. // 9

Reliability & Durability: You can depend on this amp for small gigs. Hey, it's only thirty watts. But if you want this sound for a big venue, I recommend the AD50 or possibly the AD100 half stack for the big arena gigs. I probably would bring a backup for this amp though because sometimes you have that feeling that it may not work. This amp hasn't broken down yet. I am glad of that because I have only had it for a month now. // 9

Overall Impression: I play blues, blues rock, classic rock, and early metal music and this amp can do it all without an amp change between sets. I have been playing for six years now and the other amp that I have is a Zakk Wylde mini stack amp from Marshall and it just didn't dish out enough tone, even though it looks so cool. I am completly satisfied with this product. If this were stolen, I would deffinatly buy it again, if I had the money at hand. I love the different amp models on it because they are so versatile. What I don't like about it is that it is quite heavy for a combo amp but I'm used to that already. My favorite feature is either the wattage knob in the back to adjust the amount of the power it gives out or the UK 80's amp model because it is the perfect amp model for any classic metal song. I compared this amp to a Fender at this one's price range and a Peavey too but I chose this one because it has the power a tube can bring with a real tube and it had the price of a solid state amp. Plus it had more power over all. If there was one thing I wish it had it would be a couple more clean and Vintage amp models because a great guitarist can play well and sound well on any kind of amp. // 10

AD30VT Reviewed by: lozbat1, on may 21, 2008

Features: I bought this amp for my son in May 2006. Although he is only 15 years old he is a very accomplished guitarist. He gigs with it occasionally at small venues but mainly uses it as a practice amp in his bedroom. He loves the amp and finds it very versatile as he plays many genres of music including, metal, rock, Indie, pop etc. // 8

Sound: Sounds awesome. He thinks the sound you can get from this little amp would be hard to match. He He uses all types of guitars from Fender Strat, PRS, BC Rich, Indie so all types of pickups have been used. From clean to distortion he has absolutely no complaints. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This is where it all goes wrong. In May 2006 (being 3 weeks old) the speaker blew. It was returned under warranty to Korg. After some 8 weeks they decided to supply a new amp. After another few weeks the carry handle broke - bearing in mind this amp is not moved regularly - and yes you've guessed it the input jack has been inside the amp more times than it's been out! In April 2007 the speaker blew yet again. As this amp is less than two years old and now out of warranty I am now looking to replace it as he has lost all confidence in it and would certainly not depend on it for gigging. It's such a shame that the quality of this little amp is not better as it has some great sounds. // 1

Overall Impression: He plays all genres of music from punk, rock, pop, Indie etc. He plays in a couple of bands at the moment although rarely uses his Vox as most venues have their own backline equipment. He has on occasions used it for small venue gigs. A great sounding amp for practice or small venues. Felt extremely disappointed about the quality and reliability of this product. Will not be buying Vox again. // 3

AD30VT Reviewed by: blaze2thekings, on june 02, 2008

Purchased from: guitar center

Features: Bought it in 2006 new. Great little practice amp, a good amount of amp models from low to hi gain. 2 Channels with optional 3 channel/effects with the footswitch, also has headphone jack. It's got the wattage control which helps with volume in your dorm or room and still sounds pretty good. At full volume it's enough for practicing but not much more than that. It's ss imatating tube basically. It has a bunch of effect with some degree of control over most of them so that's a great little bonus. A 9 because the effects are cool. // 9

Sound: Keep in mind it's a modeling amp, it models amps. all of them are good, and the low gain ones are especially good, but for a reaaaally good tone for higher gain. You might wanna buy a real tube amp, it's not bad at all it's just still not real tube tone and on my amp they are kinda noisy. however for just a practice amp the higher gain amp models are wonderful, especially the OD boutique in my opinion. The cleans are wonderful on this amp, and if you have an EQ it's even a little better // 7

Reliability & Durability: its tough, I spilled beer, lemonade, soda on it and along the slots at the top at it's still going with no problems. It's built sturdy and mine never moves but I can see it taking a good beating. No problems with the one tube or speaker, some screws needed to be tightened up once I'm not sure how long they were loose but that's the only thing I've done. // 8

Overall Impression: I love it for practicing and even more for messing with effects. It doesnt't compare to true tube tone but it does many things pretty well. The only thing they need to add is a metronome and/or built in beats. Overall it's great for whatever you like to play, just understand it's a jack of all trades and master of none. // 8

AD30VT Reviewed by: steel337, on august 07, 2008

Purchased from: Tom Lee Music

Features: This amp is a hybrid amp consisting of one 12AX7 tube and a modeling interface. It features two programmable channels as well as a Preset channel and a Manual channel. 11 amp models and 11 programmable effects are on the amp, as well as a power attenuator on the back. It offers plenty for the beginning/intermediate guitarist, sounds decent, and has enough power for small gigs without being mic'd. // 9

Sound: For this amp, I am using a Jackson KE3 with Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz pickups going through a DigiTech Bad Monkey then into the amp. I play a variety of music that requires a lot of different sounds, so this amp does that job pretty well. The problem with this amp is that most of its high gain amp models sound terrible. In my opinion, the only decent sounding one is the nu metal amp, along with my overdrive pedal to deliver a modern metal tone. Without the overdrive pedal, it just sounds too weak and doesnt't give you enough gain. However, the clean sounds and the medium gain sounds sound quite good. My favorite sounds are from the Boutique OD model, which gives you a fat overdriven and very British sounding distortion that has clarity to it. It has a lot of bottom end if you dial more in and the high end really cuts through. It also really responds to your picking dynamics and your volume pot. The Boutique Clean model was also a pleasant surprise. Lush, warm and sparkly is what I would call this. Add in some of the great sounding reverb and you get a delightful, slightly dirty clean tone that stays there all the way, even when the amp's volume is all the way turned up. And you gotta love the AC30TB model, sounds very reminiscent of the famed AC30 Top Boost. It's impressive how you can get such a sound out of this cheap cheap amp. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This amp is reliable. I had it fall off my cart a few times and yes, it has lots of dings and dents and scratches, but it sounds the same. I've played with this amp on numerous amounts of small gigs, the biggest one being 600 people. And this amp delivered the power without being mic'd. And I was using the clean sound. I've heard lots of others having problems with this amp, including the input jack, but mine hasn't failed me. Yet. // 9

Overall Impression: Although this amp features plenty for high gain sounds, it just doesn't deliver. And I think the Valvetronix XL line of amps sound even worse. Vox, just stick with your clean sounds and overdrive sounds because that's what you're good at. Don't go into the high gain territory, that's where Mesa Boogie, Randall, Peavey, and lots of others belong, not Vox. I would not buy another one of these amps if it were lost/stolen, because I would need something with more power and that's higher end. But I would definitely recommend this amp to beginners and intermediate players a like Who want a versatile amp. // 8

AD30VT Reviewed by: Vdr20, on august 18, 2008

Purchased from: Gamlin's Music Centre

Features: This amp is packed with great sounding amp models and effects. It comes with a power level knob on the back of the amp so you can get a better sound at a lower volume. There are only 2 channels where you can save your settings to which is not really a lot. I play instrumental rock and this amp is great for that type of music. // 8

Sound: I play a Fender Mexican Classic Player '50s Stratocaster. The sound is not very good with the higher gain amp models when you don't use any effects but the overall sound this amp produces is very good. You can play a lot of different types of music with this amp ranging from classical to metal. There are a lot of controls for the effects. You have a tap button to change the time of the delay and the time of the reverb and an edit 1 and an edit 2 to change the effects even more. Most of the effects are double effects which is always good. om the head jack is in monophonic format so the sound doesn't have that warm tone of the speaker which is provided. This is a hybrid amp and is probably one of the best sounding amps for your money. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This amp hasn't broken down yet but I've only had it for a couple of months. I haven't giged it yet but I won't break. I would use it without a backup. I have heard that you should not move it around much because the tube might break or something but I don't think that's true. Also there is a metal grill to protect the speaker which looks cool. // 9

Overall Impression: This amp is a good match to the type of music I play. I would probably buy a different amp ikf it got stolen. I choose this amp because it was the best amp in my opinion for the money. I would probable upgrade it to a better amp. I wish this amp had more channels to save your settings but my overall impression says that it's a very good amp. // 9

AD30VT Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 25, 2008

Price paid: C$ 279

Purchased from: Steve's Music, Ottawa

Features: This 30 Watt modelling amp has typical 3-knob EQ, eleven switchable and adjustable effects, and can model 11 different classic amps. These effects and amp models can be stored on two different switchable channels. It has a headphone jack, standard input, and a footswitch jack. It is important to note that this is NOT a tube amp and that anyone Who seems to think otherwise is clearly new to this game. It uses a solid-state pre-amp with a tube power amp, which is very far from a true tube amp. This has some advantages, namely that it can simulate a tube amp's 'responsiveness' (ie: You play harder, it gets more distorted) while maintaining a solid state amp's cost-effectiveness, and some disadvantages, namely that it lacks the 'punch' of dedicated tube and solid state amps (though this may have more to do with Vox, specifically, as opposed to the Technology). The only thing I find it could use is a CD/MP3 input, which would give this 'practise' amp a lot more versatility. // 9

Sound: Okay. This is where the advantages and flaws of the hybrid-type amp system show themselves. I play through this amp with an LTD EC-50 (humbuckers) and through a Jay Turser 'Colonel' full hollowbody (also humbuckers, but quite low output). Although the factory presets sound horrible, you can EQ some great sounds out of this amp on various channels. My personnal favourites are the Black 2x12, Tweed 4x10, and AC15. With a bit of reverb and perhaps some chorus, these channels make your clean playing come alive, and are great for blues, rock, etc. I love playing the Floods outro with reverb on the Black 2x12 channel. It really booms. The distorted channels (anything past AC30TB) are not nearly as appealing as the clean channels. The only ones I can stand are the UK modern and numetal, which can be used for most metal playing if properly EQ'd. The distortion is ok, but tends to have a very 'dampened', nasally sound regardless of volume or EQ. Still, they sound decent, and most beginners may not notice the difference. My major problem with this amp, which I did not realise until well after I purchased it, is that it does not accept pedals well at all. I bought a DigiTech Death Metal pedal in hopes of improving the stock distortion of this amp, but when I plugged it in, the pedal produced the same crappy, dampened distortion (but with more noise this time.) Thinking the problem might have been in the pedal, I plugged it into my Fender Frontman Reverb, and got amazing, truly bone-crushing distortion. Do not use pedals with this amp! // 4

Reliability & Durability: My amp has never broken down in any way, but that may be more a reflection of my caution than of it's sturdy build. My amp never moves and only rarely has the cord removed from it, so I really can't judge it's 'roadworthiness'. // 8

Overall Impression: Overall, this is a good first amp. If you just want to have an inexpensive, versatile piece of equipment that you don't ever plan on upgrading, this is a perfect amp for you. I bought this as my second amp and was extremely disappointed with it. After the first two weeks, I got tired of the abhorrent distortion and have relegated it to clean playing only. In reality, it simply does not sound as good as my Fender Frontman (which is pretty sad, really.), although it is more versatile. If it were stolen or lost, I'd save up and invest in a mid-range Randall or Peavey instead. I did not purchase this amp expecting it to sound phenomenal. I would have settled for average, but even there I was disappointed. A cheap solid state amp and a cheap multi-effects processor will serve the same purpose as this amp. Not designed for the discerning musicians! // 3

AD30VT Reviewed by: Kieran91, on september 22, 2008

Purchased from: Back Alley Music

Features: I believe the amp was made in 2004. Personally, I play a whole variety of genres ranging from acoustic, punk, rock, heavy rock, metal, blues etc. and this amp is by far the best amp I've ever used period. It has 11 different amp models, making the style of music instantly adaptable at the tweak of a knob, manual settings and 11 different snazzy effects that you can customize to your preference. The only downfall is that the amp only has 2 different channels of which you can save your custom preset to each, however I find that during a song I only need 2 and you can alter each channel as much as you may need. The Vox AD30VT's best asset for me is the power breaker dial it has on the back, allowing you to adjust the amount of watts the amp uses. This way, you can have it on full volume giving the amp full kick, but keep it quiet using the power breaker. Another unique quality of the AD30VT is it's filament tube, delivering great sound but making it slightly fragile. However the tube can be replaced for a cheap price. // 9

Sound: The sound of the Vox AD30VT is absolutely flawless; a clean smooth sound is always delivered no matter what the settings, volume or power. The sound of this amp is what appealed to me the most when my band's other guitarist used it during a band practice, and I've been in love with that sound ever since. Whatever style of music you love, the AD30VT will instantly deliver a great sound to that style. I simply cannot flaw the sound of this amp. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I can definitely rely on this amp 24/7 to know that it wont fault on me. During a gig, I definitely wouldn't even consider a backup amp knowing I have the trusty AD30VT with me. However, it's durability still leaves a lot to be desired; the tube inside it appears to be very fragile and even a gentle knock on the wall can cause the tube to become faulty, therefore creating a little fuzzy sound when you play. The tube can be easily repaired though and the rest of the amp is as sturdy as a rock. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall, I find this amp to be one nice amp, having versatile features that allow you to tweak the amp to your personal preference in music style or sound. I use a Yamaha Pacifica 120S Telecaster guitar on this amplifier and together they both make a great sound, but even my (very) old Vantage guitar delivers a great sound with this amp. If my AD30VT was stolen, I wouldn't think twice about buying it again. There's nothing I really hate about it but I just think a couple more channels would be nice or the tube could be less fragile, but everything else I absolutely love about this amp. Compared to other similar products (30W amps), it's probably the best amp you're going to get for 30W. If you're looking for a reasonably-priced, small-gig-quality, genre-variating, great-sounding guitar amplifier, then I personally recommend the Vox AD30VT. // 9

AD30VT Reviewed by: patpat22495, on october 01, 2008

Purchased from: Musiciansfriends.com

Features: This amp is pretty good. It's really versatile, because it's a modeling amplifier and can go from super clean to a heavy rectifier. It has to customizable channels, which is actually really useful for a small amp like this one. There could be 4 but it's ok. I actually use it to play in a band but for now we just practice, it's enough to get by, but if you really want a good amp for a band get at least a 50 watt. Don't be mistaken though, it is not a tube amp. It's a hybrid. It's supposed to be more clear and sound like a tube, which I can't say is exactly accomplished for this price pretty good. // 9

Sound: I use a Zion Radicaster, with Tom Anderson pickups. Very unknown brand but very good. This amp really fits any music style. I am in to clean stuff and then I can go heavy in to Metallica. (Old Metallica) The cleans are good, not the best but you can get some nice tone out of it. The rectified setting is not the best in quality but it sure is a monstourous sound. The Uk 70's I use a lot but I wish it had more versatility in that setting. Just a little more gain flexibility would be nice. It's also very bassy so turn down the bass and crank up mids and highs. Clean remains clean and some of the distortion can get pretty ripping. It actually normally sounds really good at a high volume. This reflects it's tubiness. // 9

Reliability & Durability: It hasn't broken, I would use it without a backup. It's pretty solidly built and I wouldn't worry about it. // 10

Overall Impression: It's a good match for me. Fits my bluesy, to metal styes. I've been playing 5 years and I own all crappy stuff besides for this and my Zion. If it was stolen I would buy the 50 watt, but I probably won't have enough money so that doesn't matter. I love it's felxibility, but the effects are ok. I wish you could kind of mix and match them. The only other competition for the price is the Spider III. I think that this is more of natural sounding and doesn't sound too modeling. I would take this anyday. It's overall pretty decent. // 9

AD30VT Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 24, 2008

Purchased from: Gamlins Music Centre

Features: The amp has many features. 11 amp models and effects are loads. There are plenty of knobs to change the effect parameters. There are 2 channels to save the patches you have created which is not really a lot. I would have liked to see an effects loop in this amp. It wouldn's of cost Vox a lot would it. There is plenty of power in this amp to play against a drummer in a band. There is a 12AX7 tube in the power amp circuit making this a hybrid amplifier. There is also an attenuator on the back of the amp and beside it there is a jack where you can plug in the optional foot Switch (Vox VFS2). As there are only 2 saveable patches. // 9

Sound: There is one really bad important drawback to this amp. The speaker I'd absoloutely rubbish. The speaker is good with the clean sounds but when you get to the distorted sounds it's a completely different story. The treble is really harsh and is brutal to your ears. Personally I prefer the sounds that come out of the Line/Phone output on the back of the amplifier. I would definitely recommend a speaker change. People say that a Celestion G10 is a good choice for this amp. On a good note the effects are good on this amp especially the chorus, reverb and delay effects. The eq is different on every amp model so I would recomend buying a seperate equalizer such as the Boss Ge7. Equalizers tend to sound better in an effects loop. Here is a link to a site that has the instructions to adding an effects loop to your AD30VT. Only attemt this modification if you are certain. I am not responsible for damage to you or your amp. I have found several good sound which only sound good when tou use headphones. // 5

Reliability & Durability: It is built really well. I have experienced no problems like jacks falling into the amplifier or anything like that. It is built like a tank. Would I use it on a gig without a backup? No. I wouldn't gig with it any way. I have had no reliability problems with this amp at all. It certainly isnt the reliability that lets this amp down. // 10

Overall Impression: This amp could have been great but it isn't. They missed out extremely important such as the rubbish speaker or the fx loop that would'nt cost Vox much at all. If they added these features and boosted the price up a tiny bit it would have been great, but it's not. I hope this reveiw has helped you a lot. Thanks. // 6

AD30VT Reviewed by: teehee1988, on january 15, 2009

Purchased from: www.gak.co.uk

Features: Made in 2005 this is a hugely versatile amp. It has 11 different amp models on it combined with a ton of effects. Comes with headphone jack at the back and it has a tube pre-amp, so not just solid state. Despite the size it is a very loud amp, more than enough for bedroom practice and large enough to handle small band practices. The variety of tones you can get through this amp is very good. The clean although is very good is not amazing. However this is only when compared to much more expensive amps. Other amps in the same price range like the Marshall mg range, Lin 6 spider amps, they do not even compare to his amp. It is a very good amp, my first amp was a Marshall mg and after that broke several times i replaced it with this. It showed me wht a fool i was buying the Marshall as the sounds this amp came out with were astonishing and at the time i was only using a cheap Yamaha Pacifica 112. // 9

Sound: I have used it with a Yamaha Pacifica 112 and the two worked very well indeed together. Usually I play light rock when playing rhythm, but I do play heavier styles such as AC/DC and this amp handles those tones well. Also you can get a good punk sound out of it. When playing with the Pacifica I got ok tones when I was playing lead, but when I played with a better guitar (Cort M600) it sounded amazing. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I've had this amp 2 years now and I have never had a problem with it. I would gig with it without a backup and have done. Although if I had the money I would replace it with something a little better to gig with, but with a new amp would have to come new effects pedals so the cost would be high. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall this is an amazing little amp. It costs 130 quid, just 30 more than the Marshall or Spider amps, but it outclasses them in every way. You get such value for many in being able to produce so many different tones and combining them with many different effects. It is a fantastic amp and is definately suitable for bedroom practice at almost any level. Definately it is the bes cheap amp that money can buy. // 10

AD30VT Reviewed by: familybucket, on march 25, 2009

Features: This is a great amp! I'm not sure what year it was made in but it seems fairly modern. This is an extremely versatile amp, I play Blues Rock and heavier sort of stuff bt you can use it for basically anything! It has 2 channels which are very useful. I only wish it had a seperate reverb knob! I think I use all the features. This amp is great as you can select the wattage output so you can play in the bedroom and at performances. I mostly use this amp at home bu I think it easily has enough power fo a Live gig. There is an effects loop and a headphone jack. Although it is not fully valve, it does have a valve in it, greatly helping it's tone. // 9

Sound: I mostly use it with a single coil equipped stat, and this amp easily brings out it's classic tone. There are 11 different amp models in this thing. But my favorite are the boutique clean and the US hi gain. It's suit's my styles (stated above) extremely well. Barely any unwanted noise comes from this thing, even when using the heaviest amp models. The clean channel never really gets distorted at high volumes and belive me, the distortions on this amp can get brutal! // 9

Reliability & Durability: I can definitely depend on this amp in almost any situation. I would defnitely gig with it without a backup. It's never broken down and there are no signs of it breaking down. Just be sure to change the valve every 2/3 years or so. Don't worry, you'll have no reliability issues with this amp! // 10

Overall Impression: Like I said, I play most rock music and it is a great match.I've been playing for about three years now and I know a good amp when I hear one! I also own a Fender Mexican Stratocaster. There is nothing I wish I had asked before buying this wonder of an amp. If it was stolen I would definitely buy it again! I compared it to the Marshall MG series, the Line 6 Spider series and the Peavey Vypyr seried and this was definitely the best. Again I only wish it had a seperate Reverb! All in all I love it's tone and precise imitations of the famous amplifiers and only dislike the fact that there is no seperate reverb knob! // 9

AD30VT Reviewed by: Westy_metallica, on december 15, 2009

Price paid: A$ 499

Purchased from: Rajen Music

Features: The Vox AD30VT is a modelling amp with one 12AX7 tube in it. It allows you to have the versatility of an all digital solid state amp but have the dynamics of a tube amp. No it does not sound 100% like a tube amp, but you can really hear the power of the tube. It has 11 pre-amp models, from a boutique clean that really shines to a rippin' hi gain sound. It has 11 on board effects such as reverb, chorus, flanger, rotary, phaser and many more. The onboard EQ panel allows you to perfect the tone of the pre-amp to your liking. On the back is a line out/headphone jack. But the most ingenius feature of this amp is the power level dial. You can play your amp at an extremly quiet volume but have the dynamics of a fully cranked tube amp. The amp also has two channels which you can save your favourite tones into, aswell as a manual channel and a preset channel. The amp has all the features I need, the effects are top notch though. Some I don't even use and I wish that the EQ panel had much more versitility. The Hi-gain models barely change when you fiddle with their EQ. I mainly play in my back room which I have dedicated to jamming and mucking round. It does get played pretty hard, around 2/3 power with the master fully cranked. It has enough power for me, but I don't know how well it would do in a gigging situation. // 8

Sound: I currently use an Epiphone Les Paul Standard with alnico classic humbuckers. The style of music that I generally play is varied from 70's rock n roll to a rippin lead line such as Megadeth are famous for. By adjusting the tone and the volume on my guitar, i can turn a crap amp tone into a really sweet tone. Remember to use your guitar tonal and volume controls! The amp delivers a beautiful clean that is really shiny. It has quite a nice crunch tone too. But I have noticed that the higher in gain the amp goes, the worse it sounds. I play all my Metallica and Megadeth riffs on the UK Modern channel and the bass is really quite muddy and just lacks definition. The Mid range and treble could do with a bit more definition too. If your looking for a metal amp, then i'd look elsewhere. The effects sound great though. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I've lugged this amp from studio to home to my mates house to home again more times than I care to remember. The tube inside has remained undamaged despite being dropped and kicked over quite a few times during band practice. It has a Chrome grill that looks quite Vintage but also protects fairly well. If it was loud enough for a gig, I wouldn't take any backup. I have total trust in this amp. // 10

Overall Impression: I mainly play Hard rock/Metal. It does a fairly good metal tone, however the bass is quite loose in the fact that it breaks up. I can get quite a good hard rock tone out of it too. The Boutique clean channel is beautiful, my mates are all envious of it. I've been playing for 4 years now and had this amp for 2 years. It has served me well. I love the cleans it gives out. The hi gain tones are good, however they need definition which I think would be solved with a higher quality speaker. Seeing how I am upgrading to a Vox Night Train, I wouldn't be too upset if it were stolen, if I completely relied on it though, I would probably sit in a corner for a few days crying (Not really, haha) I would definately replace it though. For an amp under $500 AUD, this is definately the best amp in the price range for versatility and tonal reasons. If your looking for an all rounder amp, look no further than the Vox AD30VT Valvetronix. // 8

AD30VT Reviewed by: Nameless742, on september 08, 2010

Purchased from: GuitarGuitar Glasgow Store

Features: This amp I've had for around 4 years now. It has lots of amp models, admittedly I use the metal, hi-gain channels and in the event of clean sections there are many varied sounds for clean. It has two channels, in which you can store the model and effects used, and the EQ/settings on each. It has a master volume, and a channel volume. I don't use the effects much, but I DO use the Built-In Noisegate that is very useful to me seeing as I like higher gain and my pedals. It's known as a hybrid, and it does sound rather good when compared with it's competitors in the same price range. // 9

Sound: I use both a Meixcan-made Fender Stratocaster and have a Dean (seymours/dime) and BC Rich (EMG81/80). The clean sounds are very pretty, and are very tweakable with the EQ. the more hi-gain do not sound very impressive when trying to play metal, I fix this with an overdrive, this changes the amp's metal tone dramatically. So don't expect brutal tones without help from an overdrive. The amp itself is pretty quiet, even with pedals. It has a built-in noisegate that's Adjustable using the bypass/tap button, and although the effects can be confusing, adjusting does not take long to master. There's 11 effects combinations, I've used 4. (5 if you include the noisegate) They suffice. // 8

Reliability & Durability: The amp has always worked and stayed faithful. my friends have sat on the input, and it's collapsed inside. I've had to unscrew it all and fix the input from the inside, which is a bit fiddly and frustratingly long, but if you keep your friends off it, there's no problem whatsoever. // 8

Overall Impression: This amp is a great price, It's loud, it has great variety of pretty sounding cleans, and easily tweaked effects. With an overdrive pedal this pedal can play older and more modern metal. It's so much easier with the footswitch, which I shoulda bought ages ago. I love how it's more impressive than other amps in it's price range. If it was stolen I'd be pretty annoyed indeed. I've played through it for 4 years and never needed to upgrade, A half-stack is next in line for me. // 9

AD30VT Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 07, 2012

Features: The Vox AD30VT was made from the end of 2004 through about 2008 and my nephew found this at a home that he was clearing out when some tenants left. He gave me the amp -he doesn't play guitar- and it didn't have a speaker plus the amp would only power up for a couple of seconds. I had that problem repaired for $50 and I installed a Vintage Weber Blue Dog ceramic that I got for $65 a while back. I don't know what the Vox original speaker sounded like but this amp sounds awesome now! I had low expectations since it is a pretty cheap amp and I am stunned by how good it sounds. The Vox uses a 12AX7 tube for the preamp section and the later generation AD30VT (with the chrome grill) eliminates the output transformer and uses a coupling capacitor for the power. I don't exactly understand this stuff but this is how Vox is able to get tube amp sound from the AD30VT and keep the cost low. Whatever they did, it really works. // 7

Sound: The amp section gives you a choice of 11 amps I only use a few but you can still get some of the others to sound great as long as you keep the gain turned low. The heavy distorto-metal-high gain shit ain't for me so I stay with only the settings Blackface 2x12, Tweed 410 and the 2 Vox AC amps. You even have a knob on the rear panel that allows you to reduce the power output.You won't be playing stadium tours with this amp but what a nice inexpensive amp to have around the garage or bedroom! // 7

Reliability & Durability: Seems well-made. It came to me with a bad power section but I've had no issues with it. // 7

Overall Impression: I really like it for having a small, light amp to have fun with and not sacrifice great sound. Plus, with the many built-in effects I don't have to bring a pedalboard with me for jams on the fly. I wish I could comment on the original speaker but all I know is the Weber I dropped in sounds phenomenal and I'm sure it's a much better speaker than what came installed. What I don't like about it is that half the amp sounds are high-gain awfulness. If Vox devoted only 2 spots for that they could have added several usable toneful amp sounds. It's a nice sounding amp though and I like it. Sounds great whether I'm playing a G&L Legacy, Telecaster, Ric 360, Les Paul, or Prestige Musician (a big box 335-type guitar).

// 7

AD30VT Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 03, 2013

Features: This amp is loaded with Bang-For-Buck! A modeling amp with 11 amps and 11 effects, it is not only well suited to a beginner but to all levels of guitarists. IT has plenty of power for a practice amp, and probably enough for garage band gigs. I use it as a practice amp, as it's sturdy and very portable. It models tube amps extremely well, and has two channels for storing settings. You need to buy a foot pedal separate to effectively switch channels and bypass effects... For that I remove a point. Only having two channels of stored settings is the other drawback, but I feel it is offset by the detailed tenability of the effects, which allows casual players to forego purchasing effect pedals. // 9

Sound: I use a Fender Telecaster with original pickups, and play '50s to '80s country, as well as '70s and '80s rock & rockabilly. I fooled around with some hard/punk rock sounds and got some very nice AC/DC, Def Leppard, etc. from it. I was amazed at how clean a sound I got from my single-coil pickups. You can get the distortion way way way out of my comfort zone with basic setting changes. The clean is clean and the dirty can be very dirty. With all the amp selections and effect options, finding the perfect sound for a particular song is almost a certainty. // 10

Reliability & Durability: It seems to be very durable, but I am pretty careful with me gear so I can't say how much so. It is well-built and top knobs help prevent door Jam damages. I bought it used and have never had a problem with it at all. It's in the same shape as the day I bought it. It's not so heavy that it's prone to being dropped when carried, and not so light that it rolls around in the trunk or pickup bed when being transported. It isn't prone to tipping, and the knobs and switches are well-protected. I would use it on a gig without backup in a circumstance where getting a backup would really put me out of my way. I mean, c'mon... why would you honestly do a gig without a backup amp or guitar? // 9

Overall Impression: As a modeling amp, it is well suited for most any style of music, from rhythm strumming to grunge. I've been playing for 20+ years, and this amp honestly just amazes me (again, bang-for-buck). I would definitely buy this amp again if lost or stolen... In a heartbeat. There are certainly better amps out there, but for the money, this amp is the best I've played. It has just right amount of heft to feel durable yet remain perfectly portable. If you are looking for a Jam session amp, you shouldn't pass on this one. // 10

More Vox reviews rating category latest review
+ AmPlug Twin 7.4 Guitar Amplifiers 05/30/2014