AmPlug Acoustic Review

manufacturer: Vox date: 02/28/2012 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Vox: AmPlug Acoustic
My Vox AmPlug Acoustic headphone amp was made in 2011. With this amp I typically just play whatever I feel like. I like to use it to write songs when I'm just in my room, and when I can't sleep it's great because of the fact that I can just plug in the headphones and jam.
 9.1
 9.5
 8.7
review (1) pictures (2) 4 comments vote for this gear:
AmPlug Acoustic Reviewed by: henboyrules, on february 28, 2012

Features: My Vox AmPlug Acoustic headphone amp was made in 2011. It has 2 "channels" - Acoustic Modulation (fx), Clean Electric (on). On the top of the amp is has an auxilary jack to connect your mp3 player, a blend wheel to blend the acoustic sound with the electric sound when in fx mode, a tone wheel and a volume wheel, and a headphone jack on the side. The 1/4" jack connects directly into your guitar or you can put it through effects pedals or the speaker cabinet you can buy to project the sound. It runs on 2 AAA batteries. // 9

Sound: When I use this I use my Epiphone Les Paul Standard loaded with a JB in the bridge and a Jazz in the neck. I typically play through the bridge pickup just because it's brighter sounding, so it sounds more like an acoustic. It's great if you're wanting to play guitar late at night and you don't want to disturb family members. It's also great for just hanging around the house and playing a little. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I have to say that it's a very reliable piece of equipment. I've never had a time that I wouldn't turn on or the sound quality was poor. It's plastic, so there's always the chance it could break, but if you take at least decent care of it, you shouldn't have a problem. // 10

Overall Impression: With this amp I typically just play whatever I feel like. I like to use it to write songs when I'm just in my room, and when I can't sleep it's great because of the fact that I can just plug in the headphones and jam. I do kind of wish it had a distortion setting on it, but it's an acoustic mopdulator, so I understand why it doesn't. I would definately recommend this to any guitarist! It's a great piece of gear at an amazing price! // 10

More Vox reviews rating category latest review
+ StompLab IG 9 Guitar Effects 04/14/2014