T64RS 60W Review

7.6
reviews (2) pictures (4) 15 comments vote for this gear:
T64RS 60W Reviewed by: dutchrockstar, on november 29, 2010

Purchased from: Ebay

Features: The amp was made in 2010, The amp is versatile but not to all my playing styles, if I want a nice different metal tone I always use my pedal. The amp has two channels, rhythm and lead, per channel it has: gain, volume, bass and treble, the lead channel also has a middle control. Furthermore there is a reverb effect a CD input (1/4") a headphone out (1/4") an effects loop and a foot control. This amp is a valvestate, it has a preamp tube but a solid state end amplifier. I use this amp for small club live gigging and some bedroom practice (at loud levels nonetheless). The distortion gets nice and crunchy (more on that later) However I would have loved to see the preamp more accesible, when I want to change the tube, I have to take the whole amp appart! // 8

Sound: I use this amp with two guitars: a les paul and a warlock. I usually play hard rock and metal, sometimes a little blues and jazz. Even if the amp is not a full tube amp, you can still hear the preamp tube and it really sounds and feels a lot like a full tube amp. Gear4music calls this amp their 'premium line' and there is a reason for this! The distortion is brutal, however not enough for the real heavy styles! The rhythm channel gets a little distorted at a higher gain, however nowhere near rock/metal distortion. The amp is 60W however this one overpowered a 100W solidstate with ease, this amp gets LOUD! // 9

Reliability & Durability: The amp is real solid, it has a nice warranty and enough handels to carry it aroudn easily, you even have the option to screw in wheels underneath. I gig with this baby without any backup, and I don't think shes ever going to fail me. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall this is a lovely amp, and recommended for everyone who is wanting to buy a great quality amp for under a thousand dollars, for those who are looking for a full tube version, this one has a bigger 100WATT brother, which is at the edge of the thousand dollar budget and is a full stack. If this amp was ever stolen I would most definatly buy it again or even concider upgrading to the big brother (if my budget would allow) // 9

T64RS 60W Reviewed by: kendoddsteeth, on may 24, 2012

Features: I got this amp just because I needed a really loud amp for gigging urgently and at the time did not have enough money to buy an expensive amp. I use pedals for my distortion sounds so I just needed a loud clean amp. My band are some what of a cross between Mudhoney, Queens Of The Stone Age, At The Drive-In, Jesus Lizard and Rage Against The Machine to name but a few. This is amp is very very loud and in fine for gigging in any size venue. I have used it un-miced in a club in-front of 80 people and I did not have to take the volume past 6. This amp is fine too for bedroom use although you lose some of the natural gain on the 1st channel which is one of the major plus point for me with this amp. Unfortunately there is no footswitch with this amp. There is a socket for a channel changing footswitch but cannot find any info on what switches would be usable with this amp - I have even emailed Gear4Music to no prevail. // 6

Sound: This amp has 2 channels. Channel 1 is basically the clean channel. This has pots for volume, gain, bass and treble. With the gain cranked you can achieve a very good garage rock/Hives like tone. Roll of the gain and you find a very usable clean tone. I tend to only use the first channel and use an MXR doubleshot distortion, a Pro Co rat and a Boss blues driver for my dirty sounds. This amp takes pedals brilliantly! A mid control for channel 1 although would be a lot better. Channel 2 I never really use. Mainly due to not have a footswitch. I have had a little play with the 2nd channel and don't really find it usable. The distortion is very fizzy and trebley. It sounds ok on its own for bedroom use (mainly nu-metal) type distortion but in a band situation it really doesn't cut through. Channel one I would give 8/10; channel two 5/10. // 7

Reliability & Durability: Never had any technical problems with this amp.I have used it twice a week at rehearsal rooms and gigged it 8 times in the past 4 months. The material around the cab is very cheap and scuffs really easily but that doesn't bother me and I suppose you get what you pay for cosmetically. I have the red version which I no regret as when it arrived it was a bit cheap and toy-like looking. This amp is brilliant for transporting though! Really light and fits in the boot of my little car (Vauxhall corsa) with ease. The castors (wheels) on the cab are a great addition too. This amp is that reliable that I don't mind waiting whilst I save for an Orange. // 9

Overall Impression: For anyone on a total budget who needs a really loud amp I would say go for it! Buy yourself a decent distortion pedal, maybe an EQ pedal and don't bother with channel 2. I have tried other budget amps - Marshall MG100, Fender Frontman 212R, Line 6 Spider etc and the first channel pisses on them from a great height. A really natural gritty unsaturated sound! Don't let the none gigging, rich boy know it all tone snobs put you off. I have played through a number of great tube amps - Plexi, AC30, JCM's and mesa's and for the price this is a great reliable first or stop gap amp! // 8

More White Horse reviews rating category latest review