HY-10G lll Review

manufacturer: Yamaha date: 02/12/2007 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Gain control for distortion, volume control and 3 tone controls (trebble, bass and middle), headphone jack. Solid state amp 10W.
 Reliability & Durability: 7.5
 Features: 4.5
 5.4
 4.8
reviews (2) 12 comments vote for this gear:
HY-10G lll Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 02, 2004

Features: One channel, and a headphone jack. I use it as a practice amp. It goes loud enough to fill my room, with it's 25WATT but it's not like 25 WATT out of a Cube30 (Roland) or a Marshall but thats normal for it's price right. It has a gain/volume/middle/treble/bass knob. But lay of the gain. It sucks it gives you a cracked fucked sound! So use a floor effect for distortion. // 6

Sound: I use a Cort G254 guitar, has 2 single coils and one humbucker. I play rock/punk. This amp is not made for this style, has only one channel, the distortion sucks. Overall bad sounds. To get a clean tone, I have to turn my bass open all the way, middle, treble to 5hour. // 4

Reliability & Durability: It is very reliabel, and durabel. It's prolly 10 years old and still "rockin". Too bad for the bad vibes it brings. Yes I would use it at a gig without a backup but who the hell brings a 25 Watt to a gig? // 10

Overall Impression: Well, it sure isn't the amp I'm looking for. // 4

HY-10G lll Reviewed by: A7XRemenissions, on february 12, 2007

Features: It was probably made sometime in the late '90s. It's not a versatile amp, as it is just a piece of crap for any type of music, except rap, does rap even have guitar? 1 channel, and it has a headphone jack so you can listen to crappy sound without disturbing others. It really has no features, I mean it's very very basic. It's a 15 Watt solid state, so it pretty much is only loud enough for room practice. // 3

Sound: I have a strat copy that I thought was amazing with this amp, until I freed myself of my n00bdom. Seriously, no guitar could survive through this thing, it's that bad. I occassionally play some classic rock, but usually metalcore, and this is probably the worst amp for this music style. It's "distortion" knob is not distortion! It simply makes a muddy clean sound and raises the volume a bit. There is virtually no gain no this thing so don't expect anything amazing. // 4

Reliability & Durability: I've owned it for 2 years now, and played it for 4 months until I really could stand it no longer, and it has't broken or anything yet. You'll probably get sick of this thing before anything breaks. Kind of small though, but what do you expect, it's only a 15W. // 5

Overall Impression: This is one of those amps that n00bs (like me in the past) get scammed into buying from those "value packs". It's really not worth it, seriously, just fork out another $50 and at least get something Decent like a low wattage Crate depending on your music style. If this were stolen or lost, I'd probably thank my theif, give him a hug and some fruit for putting up with the horrrible tone, and buy him dinner. THere's really nothing I like about it, except that it makes even a Line 6 Spider seem amazing. If this were a dog, it would most definitely be that ugly little mut in the corner being all emo with the local fat kid with a fetish for ugly dogs. Enough analogies? Ok, don't buy it! // 2

More Yamaha reviews rating category latest review
+ FG730S 9 Acoustic Guitars 07/11/2014