SAD-3 Stereo Delay Review

manufacturer: Arion date: 08/01/2006 category: Guitar Effects
Arion: SAD-3 Stereo Delay
The Arion SAD-3 Stereo Delay Pedal features level, feedback, and delay controls and a soft/long mode switch. Includes 9V battery.
 Ease of Use: 6
 5.1
 5.2
review (1) 9 comments vote for this gear:
SAD-3 Stereo Delay Reviewed by: TotalyHAB, on august 01, 2006

Ease of Use: This pedal has got to be the worst pedal that I own! You can barley hear the delay and the controls do not make much of a difference in effect. I got this particular pedal on sale because someone returned it (I now know why). It is impossible to get a good sound out of this pedal. A manual would probably help explain how to set the knobs. // 6

Sound: I have an upgraded Squire Strat and a Crate GT212 120 watt amp. The only way that this pedal sounds good at all is on the clean channel although it has an annoying hollow sound. I play a lot of Led Zeppelin, Clapton, and Godsmack and this pedal does not simulate them at all. The only effect that comes in handy is the Repeat where you can make the note repeat its self more. // 3

Reliability & Durability: This pedal seems to be durable although it is made of cheap plastic. I sudgest not getting this pedal at all but if you are goint to buy it then I sudgest not running it off of the battery. Would I use it in a gig? Heck I wouldn't even use this pedal as a backup in a gig. // 7

Overall Impression: I play blues, rock, and heavy rock this pedal doesn't work for any of them, actually it only does good to add a little effect to the rhythm but that's all. I've been playing for a few years now and this pedal is the worst stereo delay pedal I have seen. I wish I had tried this pedal out before I bought it instead of just thinking that I was getting a good deal on the price. I would actually appreciate it if someone would steel this pedal and get it out of my way. I hate everything about this pedal except the repeat where I can get a little effect added to my rhythms. If you want a good delay pedal I recommend getting a Boss Delay or Boss Stereo Delay. Boss makes good delay pedals and that is what I am going to get next. // 4

More Arion reviews rating category latest review
+ SCH-Z Stereo Chorus 6.6 Guitar Effects 06/11/2007