Xtreme Review

manufacturer: ART date: 06/08/2005 category: Guitar Effects
ART: Xtreme
This pedal is pretty easy to use. You just have to play with the knobs (gain, lows, mids) to get your own sound. There are 3 types of distortion; Xtreme, Scream And Retro.
 Ease of Use: 10
 7.9
 9.5
 6.2
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
Xtreme Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 08, 2005

Purchased from: Rodriquez Music Store

Ease of Use: This pedal is pretty easy to use. You just have to play with the knobs (gain, lows, mids) to get your own sound. There are 3 types of distortion; Xtreme, scream and retro. The scream and retro distortion don't sound as heavy as the Xtreme. You can also add effects (reverb, chorus, flanger, detune, delay). The manual basically explains all the knobs and stuff. // 10

Sound: I'm using this pedal with a 15W Washburn Baddog Amp and Dunlop Crybaby. When you're standing with your guitar next to the amp, you may get some feedback when Xtreme distortion is turned on. The effects on the other suck. The reverb sounds like you're in big room and the detune effect gives you the feeling you're in China. But who cares? The distortion is great (for leads and rhythm) and if you tweak the knobs a little bit you can get the sound of Santana (with long sustain, especially with the Crybaby) to Papa Roach or Nickelback. I give this a 4, 'cause of the effects. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This pedal is unbreakable (believe me) and if I were about to do a gig, I'd sure use it without a backup. With this pedal comes an AC adapter, so you don't have to worry about batteries. // 10

Overall Impression: I've been playing for almost a year now and this pedal still hasn't let me down. My style varies alot. It goes from metal to blues. The only thing that dissapointed me were the buttons you have to push to turn on the distortion, for me they're tiny (or maybe I'm just saying that 'cuase I have big feet. If this pedal were stolen, I'd hunt that guy down, beat him up and take my pedal back of course aha. But like I said before the Xtreme distortion is great, but I wish the effects were better. I can assure you that you won't be dissapointed if you're going to buy this beauty. // 10

More ART reviews rating category latest review
+ Pro VLA II 7.8 Others 11/06/2014