Boosta Grande Review

Ease of Use: 10
review (1) pictures (2) 1 comment vote for this gear:
Boosta Grande Reviewed by: jacks2axe, on february 18, 2011

Price paid: A$ 99

Purchased from: shake it up music

Ease of Use: I mean really, not much to be done or said about a signal boost pedal but hey here goes, there is one knob, there is one switch, input and ouput, pretty frekin easy to use. As far as I know this pedal hasn't been changed by BBE and seriously, why would you when it does what it's supposed to do. // 10

Sound: I use this pedal for two things, when I'm giging I run it through the effects loop on my VHT Pitbull 50/12 and use it to boost the guitar level when I play a solo. It generates no extra noise/hissing and it doesn't alter the tone of the guitar what so ever when used to a settign of about 5 (halfway). If you use the pedal in this way and you turn it up more than that you will drown out the rest of the band. I also use this pedal at home for pleasure, when I run it infront of the amp (my Mesa Boogie which I use for metal and pleasure), not through the effects loop, it can increase the distortion quite dramatically. Now instead of getting early Metallica tones I'm getting some Parkway Drive happenin. \m/ // 10

Reliability & Durability: Essentially it is a signal booster or a small preamp thus it uses very little battery, I got 6 gigs out of one battery. It's got metal casing and is built like a brick s*#thouse. I will never need a backup. I have bought a powerpack since the last battery change but that was more to power the delay pedal and Wah than anything. // 10

Overall Impression: I play in cover bands which do all your regular pub covers (vomit) but I love metal, I've been playing for nearly 21 years and I only just started buying pedals last year (I'm a simple man). If someone stole this pedal I would buy another one without hesitation. I didn't get a powerpack when I bought this pedal but I have seen it since on various sites where you get a powerpack supplied with it. Only if this pedal came with an endless supply of cold beer would it be better. If you need a signal boost you can buy this pedal with confidence. // 10

More BBE reviews rating category latest review
+ BMAX 4.3 Bass Amplifiers 03/01/2013