Crusher Distortion Review

review (1) pictures (1) 3 comments vote for this gear:
Crusher Distortion Reviewed by: Kozlic, on march 31, 2009

Price paid: € 100

Purchased from: Bam Guitar Center

Ease of Use: I've been using this effect pedal for a year now. I love the tone I get. It has a 3-band EQ on-board so you can use different settings than on your clean channel. It has a gain and a volume control so when you turn it on it's not 3 times louder than you clean sound cause you can adjust that. I usually have to keep the volume on it at around 3 o' clock with gain on 12 o' clock. I never checked the manual cause I never needed one. // 7

Sound: I'm using a Squier Bullet Strat (modded and I love it) and a Custom made Les Paul (with Seymour Duncan Invader in bridge(that's what I use the most)). It sounds really great. I play punk rock, pop punk and alternative. Usually Originals so I'm not after some artist's sound. I'm running this thru a Peavey Valve King 212 and it sounds great. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I'm using it for a year now and it never stopped working. Batteries last really long. (max. For me was half a year). It never died tho cause I changed the batteries before some gigs. (if you unplug the input guitar cable when you stop playing). I dropped it a lot of times but it's still working. And the paint is still on. // 10

Overall Impression: Like I said before I play pop punk, punk rock and alternative but mostly originals. If I'd lose it I'd probably try to find something better or maybe change the amp's tubes so the distortion wouldn't be so dark and I'd use the amp's distortion. I don't like the turn on button tho. It could be bigger and easier to step on. Otherwise it's great for someone like me. I love the on-board EQ and volume controls. // 8

More BBE reviews rating category latest review
+ BMAX 4.3 Bass Amplifiers 03/01/2013