Green Screamer Review

manufacturer: BBE date: 01/05/2008 category: Guitar Effects
BBE: Green Screamer
The Green Screamer is an overdrive pedal that produces a dynamic range of smooth and warm overdrive tones associated with vintage tube amps. Robust build quality and rugged engineering ensure that the Green Screamer will stand up to the abuse of life on the road.
 Ease of Use: 10
 9.2
 8.3
review (1) 43 comments vote for this gear:
Green Screamer Reviewed by: chaskelly29, on january 05, 2008

Ease of Use: This overdrive pedal has great sound as soon as you plug it in. The manual makes the pedal very simple to understand. It only has a level, tone, and gain knob. It has that overdrive tone that you would want in a blues/classic rock song. It is also a great boost if you need the extra distortion for soloing. // 10

Sound: I'm using this pedal through a strat and a Fender amp. It is not noisy unless you take your distortion out of context. It always sounds great for the music I play. You can pretty much get the sound of Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughan. John Mayer, Robert Cray, B.B. King. etc. with the pedal alone. If you have a good distortion to use this pedal as a boost with, you can get sounds like Coheed And Cambria, Metallica, EVH, and Megadeth. When using effects pedals with this pedal, you can get rather unique sounds out of your amp. I seem to like the Flange, Phaser mix through my Green Screamer when I'm feeling experimental. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This prodect is simple to keep up with. You can take it to any level, and it still probably wouldn't break on you. Unless you absolutely know this pedal is going to break, there's no reason to have a backup pedal. It would work well on stage on a pedal board since it takes the shape of a rectangular prism. It could fit right in the corner or something of that nature. // 10

Overall Impression: I play blues, classic rock, and sometimes alternative/hardcore. This pedal suites my needs for a good overdrive to kick in a solo/riff with feeling and great tone. I've been playing for 3.5 years and I own 4 electric guitars. I preferrably like the green Screamer out of a Strat-type guitar, but it also sounds good out of a les paul/double humbucker type guitars. I love it's unique retro design, and of course, it's very portable. I personally like it better than the Ibanez Tube Screamer, because of the punch it gives in a boost. Also the qualities of the Blues Overdrive are better in my case. The only thing I can think of that I would would would be a cover for the button to match the pedal. In other words, the pedal is perfect the way it is. It is a great choice for all the Stevie Ray guitar fans out their. Buy it! // 10

More BBE reviews rating category latest review
+ BMAX 4.3 Bass Amplifiers 03/01/2013