Two Timer Delay Review

manufacturer: BBE date: 01/06/2012 category: Guitar Effects
BBE: Two Timer Delay
The BBE Two Timer guitar pedal was inspired by the long discontinued BOSS DM-2 Delay. The DM-2 was known for its warm, haunting reverb and tape-like echoes.
 Ease of Use: 10
 9.1
 8.5
 9.7
reviews (2) pictures (3) user comments vote for this gear:
Two Timer Delay Reviewed by: ikey_, on december 20, 2010

Ease of Use: Bought it used from guitar center. Very straight forward. Times for time 1 and time 2, repeat (lnength of the actual repeat that is controlle by the time), and the mix. 1 Switch for on/off, 1 to toggle the two preset delay times. The most logical way to use the pedal is 1 time short, 1 time long. Mine was used, no manual. Uses a standard power adapter, 1 spot friendly. // 10

Sound: Used it in my pedal board. Truely an analog delay based off a Boss DM-2. Very warm very vintage. Sounds like the edge from u2. Basically think the streets have no names. Boss dd3s are nice, but this sounds alive. That sounds cold and dead...robotic. 2 times are great. Its a dual pedal. However, because its true analog, max time is 330 ms. Generally with the right repeat and time, that is enough. Not for everybody though. With the 2 times its like 2 delays in 1. From what I can tell its true bypass. I cannot detect any difference in signal. VERY QUIET. Quietest pedal I own. The only time it gets noisy is when you put the mix all the way up, or you push the repeat so high it oscilats like any analog delay. Great sound. Really. For 55 I can't ask for anymore. Great for the gigging guitarist because of the 2 sounds...so very versatile. // 8

Reliability & Durability: 2 metal switches. Hard metal case. Knobs are thick and smooth. can't see any way this would break short of taking a hammer to it. I have not owned it long, so I cannot attest to long term reliablity yet. Its solid, and BBE is trusted, so I trust this pedal. Everybody loves Boss style switches. Big, silent, reliable. However, metal switches are simple, rugged, and easy to fix is they break. The knobs are metal. Whole thing is thick metal. I can't even squeeze it. Battery door is on the bottom with a latch to secure it in. No dismantling the pedal or unscrewing anything. Standard power adapter. // 8

Overall Impression: For what I paid I can't ask for more. They did a great job. Warm, great sounding analog delay. True bypass, built like a tank. If not used, musicians friend has them new for 80 or so. So it wont break the bank. How many other true analog, true bypass solid built delays are there for 80? Oh and 2 preset times? Oh yeah. None. Great job BBE. // 10

Two Timer Delay Reviewed by: losing battle, on january 06, 2012

Purchased from: j&r music world

Ease of Use: Its a fairly straight foward delay really not much to it. Its an analog delay with two short delay times [330 ms I believe I'm not sure its somewhere in that ballpark] the BBE also has a mix and a repeat knob. Its big claim to Fame is two delay times and it has an led for each of the two delay times. // 10

Sound: My gear has been evolving. And it held up pretty well. Right now I am using a Gibson Les Paul, a Jekyll And Hyde and a Ampeg V50, I use this when I want a fast delay because 330 ms isn't exactly long. This thing feeds back like crazy if the mix and repeats reach any combination that exceeds 11. So if your looking to drown your signal in delay this may not be for you. I haven't really used this for noise making shenanigans because the knobs are so clustered together so controlling it with my size 13 (us) shoes is a no go. Maybe if I get some 3rd hands or some other foot controller then I'll let you know. // 6

Reliability & Durability: Since I bought this thing I have yet to have a problem in 3-4 years I would gig with out a back up. // 10

Overall Impression: I play metal, rock and weird ambient stuff and it fits ok for what I use it for. It significantly colors your sound so even with the time, mix, and repeats at minimum you will notice some coloration. I like it though makes overall tone darker. The one thing I absolutely despise about this thing is the rubber bottom so velcroing it down is extremely difficult so it doesn't make much contact with the board so it peals very easily. I know its not important to its performance in anyway but its extremely agrivating. I wish it had better knob placement and a different rubber skid thing. Its not bad for what I paid for it but I would not buy it again because I want a bit more versatility. // 6

More BBE reviews rating category latest review
+ BMAX 4.3 Bass Amplifiers 03/01/2013