EM600 Echo Machine Review

manufacturer: Behringer date: 08/10/2009 category: Guitar Effects
Behringer: EM600 Echo Machine
The EM600 puts the entire history of delay at your feet: Ducking, 2 Multiple Delays, Ping/Pong, Reverse, 3 Tap Tempo delays, Slap Echo, Swirl and Sweep.
 Ease of Use: 8
 8.2
 8.4
review (1) pictures (3) 5 comments vote for this gear:
EM600 Echo Machine Reviewed by: soccer6, on august 10, 2009

Purchased from: J&R New York

Ease of Use: It's a great delay pedal. I would recomend it to anyone who is looking for a sweet echo/delay pedal. The user manual is not very big, although it does cover everything you need to know. There are 5 different knobs: Mix(where you set the level of the delays), Repeat(where you set the number of the delays), Time(controls the delay time), Mode(where you can set different delay modes) and Mod(where you can control the levels of vibrato, chorus or wow and flutter according to the type chosen). You can also prevent delays from being cropped when bypassing the effect. It also has 2 inputs and 2 outputs so you can use it with 2 guitars hooked in 2 amplifiers! // 8

Sound: I use this work of art with my Peavey Raptor plus exp and my Peavey Backstage amp. It never let me down. The pedal never did have a noise issue (like if it is too loud or if the sound isnt coming out right) so it always sounded just like I wanted it to sound because of the delay level knob. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have this pedal for 1 year now and still looks like it was just bought from the store but there is a down side to this pedal of course, and it is its battery consuption. It consumes its 9V battery quickly so if you're going to a gig with this baby, don't forget to pack some extra 9V batteries. // 6

Overall Impression: I have been playing for almost 2 years now and I am using this pedal and the Behringer UM300 pedal for the distortion parts of the songs that I play. My favorite delay is the reverse signal delay that reverses every sound that the guitar makes to a symmetric echo. When I first bought the pedal I thought that it would have a wah-wah delay too but some effects on the pedal preety much sound similar. I would never trade this pedal for any other delay one, and that's the truth, ruth, uth, th. // 8

More Behringer reviews rating category latest review
+ X V-AMP 7.1 Guitar Effects 12/19/2014