Feedback Destroyer Pro DSP1124P Review

manufacturer: Behringer date: 07/17/2014 category: Guitar Effects
Behringer: Feedback Destroyer Pro DSP1124P
This device is one mostly for feedback elimination for P.A. systems.
 Ease of Use: 10
 9.5
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
Feedback Destroyer Pro DSP1124P Reviewed by: AJ6stringsting, on july 17, 2014

Ease of Use: Doesn't need to be updated. The manual was easy to follow and it explained things to me. I use only for parametric EQ'ing instead of using it to suppress feedback. I wish this thing had more patches, it only has 10. This device works so good if you have it after a Graphic EQ, you get great results if you use it in that order. If you have the Graphic EQ and Parametric EQ sandwiched between noise reduction and Sonic Maximizers, you will have studio quality sound on the stage. Just spend time with the manual and once you get this device zeroed in, you'll like the difference this device will make in your sound. // 10

Sound: This device is one mostly for feedback elimination for P.A. systems. When used on microphones, you can set this to kill feedback when in search mode and it does the job well. I use this device for parametric EQ reason after my two 32 band Graphic EQ's, to shape my tones to really capture my tonal desires. I have a noise reduction and BBE Sonic Maximizers before and after my 1124P to really get great sound out of my gear. It has only ten presets with M.I.D.I. control with 16 channels to work with. I have some patches set for heavy metal, blues, thrash and classic rock ('60s, '70s, '80s) parametric EQ setting and it really makes my sound perfect for my needs. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I bought this in 2002 and this device still works perfectly. You can select the Frequency's bandwidth, range, volume for different guitars (electric or acoustic), music styles or pick ups being used. For instance, if you got some 50hz or 60hz cycle hum from single coil pick ups, you can create a preset (patch) to get rid of the hum. Just use twist the wheel and twist and 60hz on the parametric mode (PA), go to the gain and reduce that frequency to the point where the hum disappears. Wallah, 60 cycle hum is gone, you now have a great single coil sound with out the hum! You can make a preset for acoustic/electric guitars too to tackle the feedback problem there too. // 10

Overall Impression: I play shred/neo-classic metal, thrash, '80s metal, classic rock, blues and instrumental music. I've been playing guitar since 1978, taught guitar since 1986 and tour the U.S./Canada. I own Jackson, Kramer, Fender, Squire, Gibson, Epiphone, Ovation and various home assembled guitars with Floyd Roses, Wilkinson tremolos, DiMarzio, Bare Knuckle, Carvin, Tone Rider, Bill Lawrence, Dragon Fire, GFS, Seymour Duncan, Fender Custom shop pick ups.I use the DigiTech RP-1, RP-12, two VHT (now called Fryette) Valvulator's, Hush Noise Reduction units, BBE Sonic Maximizers, two 32 band EQ's, ETA power conditioner, Monster 2500 power conditioner to a DigiTech 2112 rack processor. // 10

More Behringer reviews rating category latest review
+ V-AMP Pro Virtual Amplification 8.5 Guitar Effects 11/10/2014