FX600 Digital Multi-FX Review

manufacturer: Behringer date: 04/28/2011 category: Guitar Effects
Behringer: FX600 Digital Multi-FX
The Digital Multi-FX FX600 multi-effects pedal holds plenty of effects comparable to state-of-the-art studio processors in a small and handy stomp box.
 Reliability & Durability: 5.5
 Ease of Use: 5
 6.8
 4.7
 8.8
reviews (2) pictures (1) 16 comments vote for this gear:
FX600 Digital Multi-FX Reviewed by: MommasHooligan, on october 10, 2008

Purchased from: American Musical Supply

Ease of Use: First it's really hard to get a sound out of this pedal. The Flanger setting just sounds like a garbled mess, the Chorus setting gets the same sound. The Tremolo and Delay settings sound the same. The manuals really don't help any as it just tells you what each knob does. Duh, I already know what they do. // 2

Sound: I'm using it conjunction with a Behringer Super Metal pedal and a 30w Ibanez amp on clean channel. The effects are very weak. I was attempting to get some Tom Morello sounds from this pedal and it let me down in a big way. The only effect that works really well is the Phaser, but quite honestly I have no practical use for it. I needed just the Flanger, Delay and Tremolo portions. // 3

Reliability & Durability: Its No Doubt a durable pedal. Solid just like Boss but for much less the price. I'm sure that it can take a real beating as my other Behringer pedals and keep working just fine. It may be I just got a bad pedal, but I'm not willing to buy another one. As for gigs, I wouldn't even use it for a backup. I'll just buy Boss or Dan Electro's from now on. // 6

Overall Impression: I play punk rock, but I'm trying to get an original sound, which is the reason I needed a Multi Effects pedal. I wish that it was a better product because I like very little pedals for my rig. And since it was 6 effects in one, I had to try it. The way I look at it, it was twenty nine bucks wasted. But hey, you get what you pay for. I've got 2 other Behringer effects pedals and they work just wonderful. it's just that this one is horrible, and I will not buy another Behringer pedal again. // 2

FX600 Digital Multi-FX Reviewed by: anybodyelse, on april 28, 2011

Purchased from: Ebay

Ease of Use: This pedal is cheap. That is it's biggest pro. It is pretty easy to figure out how to use it. Only a couple minutes of tinkering at most untill you know how to do what you want with it. The manual told me how to do the one and only thing that wasn't obvious(changing the batterie). I haven't tried any editing or modding on the device. It probably wouldn't be worth the effort. // 8

Sound: I mostly have used my Washburn PS80 when using this pedal. I honestly only use it when playing with a terrible amp, otherwise the amps effects themselves are usually better. The effects are deffinitely not near the quality you might hope for. Though at 30 dollars it isn't like you should be hoping for much. You won't be able to emulate the sound of many of your desired artists with something like this, it just doesn't have the power. The only effect it had that really stood out was the pitch shifter, it could make any 6 string sound like a 12 string. // 5

Reliability & Durability: You can most certainly not depend on this pedal. Though it has not happened to me, I have heard many reports of these just randomly going postal after only a few months. I would without a doubt make sure I had backup if I were to use this for a gig, though it would probably be the backup. // 5

Overall Impression: I play much classical musical, rock, and metal. This can be good at certain times for these genres, but deffinitely not a prime choice. I have been playing for a few years and have played with a few different pedals and this is by far the worst. This is not a product I would buy again. This isn't even a product I oftenly use. The only reason to get this would be if you are a begginer guitarist seeking to experiment with your first pedal, and still, only if you are quite low on funds. Being that this pedal is only 30 dollars it's a decent peice of equipment though. // 6

More Behringer reviews rating category latest review
+ V-AMP Pro Virtual Amplification 8.5 Guitar Effects 11/10/2014