HB01 Hellbabe Review

manufacturer: Behringer date: 01/09/2013 category: Guitar Effects
Behringer: HB01 Hellbabe
This multi-functional Wah-Wah pedal offers everything you need for virtually all styles and sounds.
 Reliability & Durability: 7.4
 Ease of Use: 8.4
 7.4
 7.6
 7.1
reviews (16) pictures (2) 33 comments vote for this gear:
HB01 Hellbabe Reviewed by: dcoyle4040, on march 17, 2006

Purchased from: music123.com

Ease of Use: I found this pedal very straight forward if you take the time to read the 1 page of directions. Explains each function very well. // 8

Sound: I though it sounded great once you tweek the settings a little. I'm playing through a Fender M-80 head through 4x12 cab using Gibson Les Paul. I had no issues with fuzz or humms except for when my distortion was cranked right up. I plugged it in at the biggining of my loop and at the end, with a far better Wah at the end, after my distortion (makes sence). // 8

Reliability & Durability: It is very heavy duty plasctic. I was concered about this having seen other plastic effects, but this is very heavy plastic that seems far more durable than everything else I've seen. The bottom is like 1/4" thick steel or something. Giving it a nice heavy weight so it doesnt move around. I have mine fastened to a pedal board but did test it for a week just on on the floor and it doenst get dragged around without you knowing it. // 6

Overall Impression: Very pleased for the price, it's a no brainer! // 9

HB01 Hellbabe Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 15, 2005

Purchased from: shop

Ease of Use: Wah wah pedals aren't rocket science to use but it does take a bit of musical knowledge in order to figure out the hellbabes sound shaping and EQ boost. // 7

Sound: I'm currently using a BC Rich Kerry King wartribe through a Behringer GMX210 2x30W. The sound this pedal produces through any distortion or Overdrive is more of a sound boost which is good for empahasising notes but I must say wah is minimal, and clean isn't much better either, I can get a better wah sound through the built in auto wah on my amp. The sound is either on or off too, there's no transition even slowly rocking back and forth its on or off and it sounds awful sometimes. // 4

Reliability & Durability: The base plate feels like it could probably stop a bullet, thick chunky metal. The bosy is made out of a plastic/rubber and the extra knobs are flimsy, alright for home use but I wouldn't advise giggin' one. // 7

Overall Impression: I play mainly metal and some other kinds of rock I wouldn't reccomend this pedal to anyone who has more to spend. I was dissapointed with this pedal in terms of its supposed function but I have founbd a use for it in that it can be used as a booster/sustainer for key notes in solos or just riffs in general. If it were stolen I would replace it with something better like the new Dunlop Zakk Wylde wah. // 6

HB01 Hellbabe Reviewed by: eggy1991, on july 20, 2007

Purchased from: GAK

Ease of Use: Behringer, built to match the sounds of many other products and built to compete on the market of big name brands like Jim Dunlop, Ibanez and many other leading brands, and in my opinion, it doesn't quite Live up to the likes of the original Cry Baby, however the uniqe sounds you can get from this, in my opinion are amazing! It was a cheap and cheerful pedal, the manual, is pretty much pointless as this is a piece of cake to use, but the one thing that I'm confused with is the frequency dial on the bottom, I need to get in touch with Behringer to try andfind out how to adjust it, I guess you just take the bottom off, but I do not want to break it or anything! Sound shaping is easy enough, twiddle the dials, hit a note and use the effect, keep doing it until you get the sound you want. // 9

Sound: I honestly really like the sounds this pedal can come out with, however with the boost off it can be very quiet. I am using this with an Indie Sky10 amp, and an Indie SG which I had custom made and also a Westfield strat, which was my first guitar and is pretty good with my amp, when playing Live I use a Line 6 Spider II, which emphasises my effects VERY well. The wah, isn't as many have been saying "minimal", you just need to try and get the right settings for your sound, which in my case is rock/metal and occasionally a little funk!, well, atleast lately since the band decided to give it a go and stick a couple of "funky" songs on the EP! I use this with the BehringerUM100 (Ultra Metal Distortion), and the BehringerUF100 (Ultra Flanger), and if you set it up so you have the flanger > Metal > wah, you can get some amazing sounds from it when Live, solos can be made very emphasised and this pedal definately goes off in Enter Sandman! Even though you can get a good metal wah sound, it would be pretty hard, or even impossible to get anything close to the likes of the late great Jimi Hendrix, which I was a bit dissapointed with, but it didn't matter much because I can play my own style hendrix covers! // 7

Reliability & Durability: This thing sure is reliable! It is made of a sturdy hard plastic and metal, this wouldn't break if 10 tonne lorry ran over it! It is very reliable, and I would, and already have, used it in a gig, however I suggest replacing the battery before every gig, as these things can really suck them up. Backup wouldn't be neccessary, I could probably cope without the wah, but it's a nice thing to have to emphasise key notes, or use the boost to give a more up-front sound. // 8

Overall Impression: Considering my wide variety of styles from funk to heavy metal I think this can be a very helpful pedal to use/own. it was cheap, so I thought I would give it a go, plus it's Behringer, my other effects were made by them and I was impressed, and with this still am. I have been playing about 3 years, 7 months now, and have been through a few effects, which I have sold mainly because I didn't like the sounds they made, which is why I was amazed that the cheaper brand Behringer, were such good pedals, like I said earlier, I use the UM100 and UF100 with this, and very soon hoping to add the Ultra Chorus and Reverb to this collection, I'm hoping that would give me the perfect sound, I only wish I had asked to buy them at the same time! Actually, I shoulda asked how the hell to change the frequency on the bottom! If this were stolen, I would be pissed, and definately by a new one, it's such a good pedal to own in my opinion, I just wish the sounds were more varied. I guess the only thing to really compare it to was the Cry Baby, but what the hell, if I hated this, it wasn't as big a robbery to my wallet as the CB was, and I'm now glad I chose this over the CB! // 8

HB01 Hellbabe Reviewed by: ndfcartman, on december 28, 2005

Purchased from: American Musical Supply

Ease of Use: This is easy to use, it has a Depth rate to adjust underneath, it has a boost button, boost knob, Q knob, fine knob, and a frequency adjustment. There was no manual, but it isn't too difficult to figure out. // 9

Sound: I use a Behringer GM108, Behringer X V-AMP, Ibanez RG370, and Ibanez GRX-20. This is the worst part of the Wah, it's supposed to be based on a Dunlop Crybaby, but all I get with it when I use other effects with it is a hsssssh, but when I use it on clean directly to my amp, it sounds pretty good. // 6

Reliability & Durability: It's realiable, it only has a sqeak to it, but when you play you can't hear the squeak. I would use this on a gig, but it doesn't sound good with other effects, which I use alot. // 9

Overall Impression: I play a wide variety of Rock, Metal, and I dabble with Blues. I've been playing for a year and three months. I wish I could've heard sound clips of it while it was used with other effects. If it was stolen I wouldn't care, I plan on giving it to a friend of mine who is a bassist, he'll get more use out of it than I can, I plan on buying another wah very soon. I didn't really compare it to anything else, it was $30 and I wanted a wah. I wish it had better sound. // 7

HB01 Hellbabe Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 24, 2006

Purchased from: eBay

Reliability & Durability: It is very heavy duty plasctic. I was concered about this having seen other plastic effects, but this is very heavy plastic that seems far more durable than everything else I've seen. The bottom is like 1/4 inch thick steel or something. Giving it a nice heavy weight so it doesnt move around. I have mine fastened to a pedal board but did test it for a week just on on the floor and it doenst get dragged around without you knowing it. // 6

Overall Impression: Very pleased for the price, it's a no brainer! // 9

HB01 Hellbabe Reviewed by: Ich_Bin_Ibanez, on august 17, 2006

Purchased from: Sioux Falls Music

Ease of Use: The Behringer Hellbabe pedal is amazingly easy to get the noise you want out of it. I was a little bit upset because mine did not come with a manual so I had to look to the internet to for information on it. But after just looking at the pedal itself and reading the labes on the dials I understood. It has a nice range to it with the ability to fine tune. // 9

Sound: I am using the Behringer Hellbabe with a Ibanez AEG10EBK with a Marshall halfstack, Boss mega-distortion, Boss Super Overdrive. When I first plugged the hell-babe in I was surprised at it's sounds as it rang through my amp. It took a bit of getting used to because it doesnt't have a stomp-switch but an optical on-off switch. With a little tweaking on the dials I got a sound I was a looking for. It wasn't the greatest since I bought the pedal used. // 9

Reliability & Durability: The reliability of the Hellbabe is good. But the durability isn't quite the best. Within the first week of having mine I managed to break the push-button of my boost, and cracking the dial for my range. But I wasn't surprised to much for only being $20 used it was well worth it. Other than those things the Hellbabe is quite reliable I dropped down two flights of stairs and it still sounds the same. // 8

Overall Impression: The overral impression of the Behringer Hellbabe it's worth it. I've only been playing guitar for 2 monthes. But I also play drums and other shit so I am quite used to guitars and what sounds they should be making. If it were stolen I would probably go out and buy another one just because it's way to much fun to use. // 10

HB01 Hellbabe Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 23, 2007

Ease of Use: My first impression of this wasn't so good since I bought it at a pawn shop for $50 bucks with out price checking online to find it was a lot cheaper but I forgot about it later when I played with it. It does not have an on or off Switch but all you gotta do is unplug your guitar from the input and it's off. You can tweak the nobs all you want and it won't make much a difference the only one you should ever need to touch is the big grey one which basically gives it a sound for either bass or guitar, high for guitar, low for bass. // 8

Sound: Strangley enough I've been picking up country music songs on my amp since I first got this pedal, I don't know it might have an antenna in it our something but that's weird. It has very sensative pickup, if you move your finger just barely you'll hear it which is awesome for long notes. When you turn down the guitar it has sort of a wind tunnel sound. I'm using my Ibanez RG3 guitar, Fender Jass Bass deluxe on this pedal. This pedal is more for bass than anything, it gives it a funk sound. You can get the Rage Against the Machines - Bulls on Parade kinda sound out of it. // 2

Reliability & Durability: It hasn't failed me yet, then again I'm pretty careful with all my equipment. I only use it when I'm bored. I probably wouldn't use this at a gig just because it isn't really that much of a solo booster and I have difficulty finding or needing it for anything in my songs. // 1

Overall Impression: I have a hard time trying to combine this with any of my songs, if you play metal you would find little use for this. Any other genre you could probably through it in no problem. I also own a DigiTech pedal which is a lot more fun but you can't really compaire the two. If I lost this pedal I probably would move on to greater things. // 8

HB01 Hellbabe Reviewed by: frankthewolfman, on april 02, 2007

Purchased from: amazon.co.uk

Ease of Use: It is easy to get a good sound, but the sounds aren't vary varied, but you get a definate 'wah' out of it. The manual is brief but obvious and easy to use, I just play it by ear and see what sounds good to me. It is very easy to use, but the controls can be a bit small and fiddly. // 8

Sound: I am using it with a 2004 lefthanded Epiphone G-400 and a small 15 wat 'nevada' amp. I can be noisy if you turn the boost on, so I try not too, it is god for various tones, it can be used for a shaft style, funky wah, or, most prominantly, a Voodoo Child type sound, in this respect it sounds a lot like a Hendrix (my favourite) wah sound, or indeed an Eric Clapton (as on tales of brave ulysses or white room) sound. You can also make it sound like a voice, which is useful when playing some jeff beck. It is also very effective as a standard tonal filter so you can find your own personal 'brown sound', much like frank Zappa or Jimmy page. When you turn the frequency level down, but still use a guitar as opposed to a bass, you get a really menacing sound, very much like electric funeral by Black Sabbath. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I certainly can depend on it, as it is made of durable rubber, with a metal base, and I have really quite violently stamped on it at times, and it has not broken (quite some feat (or even feet) considering I had my size 12 doctor Martin boots on at the time. I would use it without backup as it would not be constantly used at a gig so would be less likely to break. // 8

Overall Impression: This is a perfect match for my kind of music, which is mainy heavy, bluesy rock, it is also good for styles of music I don't really play (funk, soul, motown, fusion). If it was stolen I would definately buy it again as it was a bargain and very easy and 'fun' to use. I just wish there was more variety from it in terms of the sound it gives. // 8

HB01 Hellbabe Reviewed by: gtrhero93, on april 23, 2007

Purchased from: a store

Ease of Use: It's a pretty simple pedal to use, but if there is anything you don't understand, you can look at the short, and to the point manual. The one thing I wish was clearer was the part where it tells you how to turn it off. I went through two 9V batteries before I realized you have to unplug the guitar from the input jack. The other option would be to buy an AC adapter, which unfotunately is not included, because this thing really sucks up those batteries. // 8

Sound: I'm playing through my Epiphone G-400 with my Crate Combo. This pedal is as quiet as any I've ever used, unless you press the BOOST button, but still, it's a quiet Machine. The main knob is the treble/bass knob which doesn't change the tone a whole lot. I was somewhat disappointed with the sounds I got out of this. I could change the knobs around however I want, but it doesn't make that much of a difference. even when I press down on the pedal, the sound really only gets louder and treble-y-er. The pedal is missing the actual essence of a wah-wah. When moving the pedal back and forth, it is seriously lacking in the sound that I first desired with it. If you want to change you're tone for parrt of a song, this pedal might be for you. Two tones I was able to achieve was the end of John Frusciante's Dani California solo and Jimmy Page's Communication Breakdown solo. If you are going for Classic Wah tones like Jimi's Voodoo Child, don't buy this pedal. // 6

Reliability & Durability: The only problem I had with the durability of this pedal was the nut on the input jack which kept coming unscrewed, so the cable kept slipping out. For this reason only, I wouldn't bring this on the road. If that problem was gone, this little Trooper would be one of the sturdiest pedals I've used. It's not coming apart. // 7

Overall Impression: I play mostly Classic Rock and this pedal goes along with some songs I do. Like I said before, if I'm trying to get classc wah sounds, I'm just not going to get them out of this, because the the actual transition from not having the pedal pressed, to all the way down is very feeble. If this was tolen or lost, I wouldn't rush out and buy this again. I would prbaly save up some moolah and go for something a little higher busget, like a Vox or Dunlop. The thing I love most about this is it's price. It's definitely worth getting if it's all you can afford. The thing I hate about it is it's lack of wah-liness. that's what I was hoping to get when I bought it. When I first used it, I was dissapointed with it's tone, so that is what I wish it had: a better sound. // 7

HB01 Hellbabe Reviewed by: eyebanez333, on december 10, 2008

Purchased from: Pawn Shop

Ease of Use: The Behringer Hellbabe is a decent wah pedal for the money and it's fairly easy to get a good sound out of it. I bought the pedal from a pawn shop so I didn't get the manual or power supply. It has a range control, fine tuning and Q controls, as well as an adjustable boost feature with a Switch and LED located at the tail of the pedal. // 9

Sound: I've used this pedal with many different amp setups and have had 0 problems with it. The only time it's noisy is when it goes into bypass mode. Since there is no Switch, this is done automatically when you let off the pedal. The wah effect is very comparable to the Crybaby, and can be molded into similar patterns using the range feature. Sounds very good with distortion. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I have used this many times Live with out a backup. The only thing I've notice about Behringer pedals, they destroy 9v batteries. I use a One Spot power supply so I no longer have to worry about this. Most Behringer pedals are made from plastic and this one is no exception. However, in their defense, their gear is very durable and unless you are going skydiving with it or your foot weighs more than 200 pounds I don't think you're going to break it. // 9

Overall Impression: I play mainly rock and metal, but this pedal is a good match for any genre that requires a wah effect. I've been playing for a few years now and I've owned quite a few effects in the past, including some other Behringer products. If this were lost or stolen, I would consider buying another one, just depends on how cheap I can find one. Overall, for the price, I would definitely recommend this pedal. // 10

HB01 Hellbabe Reviewed by: goth clash, on june 09, 2006

Purchased from: Guitarampkeyboard.com

Ease of Use: The Behringer Hellbabe is my first wah wah pedal and I found it very easy to use as it come with a very helpful instruction booklet that explains all of the controls and functions, there's only one thing I don't understand yet and thats how to adjust the time adjust implanted in the bottom of the housing. I'm awaiting a reply from the manufaturers about this though // 9

Sound: At the moment, I am playing this through a Vintage SG style guitar and a Marshall MG series 10 watt amp. I usually use it with my DigiTech Death Metal distortion and it sounds pretty good. It has a wide range of sound which you cana alter by dials on the side of it. With clean, it sounds very funky and I like that and I have achieved Slashs sound whilst I was trying to play Civil War. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I think I can depend on this although I wouldnt take this to a gig without backup although this is my only wah. But yeah I would say its definitly reliable and I would use it at a gig. // 9

Overall Impression: I play a range of styles and this matches most of my styles very well, the only style I havent tried is heavy metal. I will try it out tonight but I doubt it will be useful. I have been playing 6 years and I can tell that even though this is not the best wah on the market, it's well worth the money I spent on it. I love the way the Hellbabe looks cause it just looks badass. The only thing I wish it included was a better manual cause, as I said earlier, I don't know how to alter or adjust the time adjuster in the housing of this pedal. If it was lost/stolen I would buy it again or buy Mark Tremonti's custom wah cause he's my hero. // 9

HB01 Hellbabe Reviewed by: jedimc, on september 26, 2006

Price paid: $ 53.1924

Purchased from: Cranbourne Music

Ease of Use: It's a wah so you just push the pedal with your foot and it wahs. It has a range knob, boost Switch and 3 dials for boost, Q and fine settings, you will probably need to change these to work out the sound you want but I found that the dials didn't really do much to the sound. It has a timer adjustment on the bottom through a hole; you will need a flat head screwdriver to adjust this. The manual just explains what everything is and what they do and not much else. // 9

Sound: I use a SX Strat copy and Silvertone 10 watt amp with no other effects connected yet. I really like the sound of it and for the price I paid for it I think it's great. It can get a bit loud if the amp is turned up high but this could be because it's a small amp, with the boost on it gives a distorted wah. When I got it did make a creaking sound that didn't go through the amp but I found it was the pedal (up and down) mechanism making this noise wasn't really a worry. I play the intro to voodoo chile on this wah I think it sounds pretty good. // 8

Reliability & Durability: The pedal as a whole seems pretty tough but I don't trust the range and boost knobs as they look pretty fragile, if I was to use this at a gig I think it would be safer to have a backup. Other than that I think it's going to last a long time they do say the wahs with pots start making scratchy noises after a while, this shouldn't do this as it has optical control. // 8

Overall Impression: I play mostly blues and rock (SRV, Hendrix, Clapton etc) but I haven't been playing long (nearly a year). This is my first wah and I don't own any other effects pedals at the moment, If it was stolen I probably buy a Vox. I do love the price of this pedal and really makes you think why the other ones are so exspensive. there's not much to hate for this price but I would of liked a off switch instead of taking the lead out of the input hole all the time so the battery isn't drained. I chose this wah pedal simply because of its price; I do wish it came with a power pack instead of using batteries all the time. // 8

HB01 Hellbabe Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 20, 2007

Purchased from: Thomann.de

Ease of Use: The manual of the Hellbabe Wah is pretty easy to use, but you probably won't need it if you are familiar with pedals. Setting up is as easy as with any other effects pedal. You can run it either with a 9V battery or with a standard 9V power supply. Getting to the battery is no problem at all. // 10

Sound: I'm using the Wah with a Epiphone Les Paul Special/DiMavery Strat/Harley Benton Flying V through a Vox DA-5 (5Watts) and a Crate GX-15R (15Watts) amp. The wah effect is pretty weak on a distorted channel and just increases the volume a little. But also on a clean channel the Wah just increases the volume and doesn't do a proper wah. I've tried changing the settings, but pretty much nothing happens. Basically the sound is very bad. You could maybe use it as a weak booster, but I wouldn't. // 2

Reliability & Durability: I guess one can depend on that it won't break, but you definetely can't use it at a gig, because of the sound. Even at home it'll be a pain in the back, because you are never gonna get the sound you want. You'll probably even be happy if it gets stolen! // 5

Overall Impression: I play mostly metal and I don't think it fits any music style. I've got another Behringer Effects Pedal (Behringer OD-100 Overdrive/Distortion pedal which is actually very good for it's price (12.90 Euros). If I were you I wouldn't get it, because of the sound. I would just rely on the good ol' Dunlop Cry Baby. // 3

HB01 Hellbabe Reviewed by: geluidsterroris, on march 24, 2008

Ease of Use: This pedal contains a lot of knobs. You can adjust almost anything, and with the right settings, you can even use it for bass guitars. When you have it in your hands, it might be a bit confusing what every button does, but as soon as you start to play, and turn the knobs, you can easily hear what you are adjusting. So after 10 to 15 minutes of experimenting you have a lot more "wah-wah-knowledge". The manual that comes with it is just simple, like every Behringer manual. It tells you the names of the buttons/screws/LED's on te pedal, and tells in short what they do. // 7

Sound: The sound, of course the most important thing on effects, is pretty good. It is different from pedals like the crybaby, but this doesn't have to be a bad thing. It's a bit more subtle, a bit less screaming, but gives a nice wah. The boost function is pretty cool, because it causes some clipping/overdrive when you boost your sound a lot. This gives you the possibility to play a clean song, some chords, and a calm solo, and as soon as you start using the wah, the guitar screams and bites a bit more. I combine this pedal with my distortion, and sometimes the delay function of my multi-fx stompbox, which also offers some cool sounds. The noise is really low (except when you use the boost, and kick the pedal down). This stompbox is pretty high tech, it doesn't contain a moving pot, but obtical technology, so the pedal would last longer. The wah stops when you pull your foot off it, but you can also turn this function off. You can even set a delay for stopping the wah. For example: you play with wah, you move your foot of it, and the wah remains on for 3 seconds. I never used it, but it is cool enough to mention. // 9

Reliability & Durability: It looks, feels, and is really sturdy. It's made out of metal, unlike the most Behringer stompboxes, and is built like a tank. Like I said, there are almost no moving parts. // 10

Overall Impression: I play guitar almost 8 years, and I play blues, classic rock, and some metal, and it does everything fine. Wah-wah is used in almost any style, so I can also recommend it to people Who play other sorts of music. What I love about it is the subtle sound, which is good for clean rythm stuff, and I like the versitality, the possibility to adjust your sound. I compared it to other "cheap" pedals, and this one was the really the best. It would also compete with high-end wahwah's. In some situations I wish it would have a bit more "screaming", but that's the only thing I'm missing. // 9

HB01 Hellbabe Reviewed by: WOWdoritos, on october 07, 2008

Purchased from: Online Music Store

Ease of Use: This is a simple to use Wah, obviously modelled after the Dunlop Dime from Hell wah. This is simply a step on Wah, step on to engage, take your foot of the Wah to turn the unit off. It uses optical light circuitory, so theres no pots in the unit to wear down. If you know how to use it, this pedal can produce a nice variety of sounds. It has 4 knobs to play around with to achieve a sound thats right for you. Boost, this controls how much boost kicks in when you activate the side boost button (just kick it with your foot, helpful to get some boost in your lead parts). Q, this controls the shape of the EQ of the Wah sound being produced. If you want an abrupt "in your face" Wah max it to the right, or if you'd prefer a mellow Wah sound give it to the left. Fine, this is like a fine tuner to get your Wah sound tight. There is also a range sweeper control, this can be used to make it more of a trebley Wah, or a bassier wah, or somewhere in between. The manual was fairly straight foward, it gives you an overview of the product and what does what. Located underneath the pedal is a Time adjust feature, a short dial that can be accessed with a flat heat screwdriver to adjust how long the effect sounds after you've released the pedal (effectively turning it off). You can also control the torque on the foot pedal (loose or tight) which can be done with a standard Allen key. The nut used to tighten or loosen the pedal can be found towards the back of the pedal just above the "boost" and "Status" LEDs. // 8

Sound: I'm running two guitars, a BC Rich KKV and a Yamaha Superstrat (both humbucker equipped) through a Marshall DriveMaster into a 60 watt combo amp. I use a high gain metal sound through tunings ranging from Drop B to Standard. The Wah handles high gain fairly well although, it could be better at cutting through the mix. It's good for using as a treble boost in solos or leads as well the obvious Wah-Wah sound we all enjoy over-using. Overall the Wah produces a unique sound, that's distinct and useful. It handles gain well and sounds good clean. You're gonna have to play around with the settings as "out of the box" it may not be your cup of tea soundwise. The Wah features true bypass so your regular guitar tone is unaffected whilst the unit is not engaged. I find the Wah has a fairly noiseless operation (even with high gain sounds). // 7

Reliability & Durability: I have owned this Wah for over a year now and it hasn't let me down. I would (and have) gigged this pedal without a backup and it held its own, as the other reviews here have stated, it has a thick metal plate bottom and is made of highly durable plastic. Anyone that manages to break this thing must be mildly retarded. // 7

Overall Impression: I play high gain metal (mostly) and this Wah handles it, it can also achieve suprisingly good sounds in other genres too. I've been playing for 5 years now and have owned a few other Wahs but this one has stayed with me. If it were stolen I'd see about replacing it with the same Wah as I enjoy it's step on/step off operation. It's a suprisingly good Wah for it's money. I know a lot of people enjoy running it into the ground cos they've had it for 5 minutes and it broke (back to my earlier mildly retarded point) and/or they couldn't achieve the sound they wanted right away. You always get what you pay for and this is quite a jem from the Behringer range of pedals.If you're considering a Wah pedal, try a bunch of them and get the one that's right for you and your sound. Not, just because someones name is on it or because everybody else owns on. // 7

HB01 Hellbabe Reviewed by: Alexx_212, on january 09, 2013

Purchased from: Local Music Store

Ease of Use: The Hellbabe is a good sounding pedal for the price, has a Q setting (used to make the modulations sound like the human voice), a fine tuning button and the button that controls the amount of the boost it's being outputed (works only when you have your boost/OD switch on). // 8

Sound: The sound of this pedal is not that good without a slight touch of a noise filtering pedal when on OD/Boost mode. I recommend buying this pedal only after you have been playing for at least a year, because if you don't know how to mute the unwanted sounds or the "hum" the Wah pedal makes when on Boost mode, you'll sound sloppy and undefined. // 6

Reliability & Durability: As I can feel it, it seems quite hard and durable. It is hard to brake and even to scratch and the quality of the materials used on it surprises me because Behringer doesn't make the most durable equipment in the world. The bottom part of the pedal is made of hard, thick steel and the part which contacts your foot is made of a VERY thick layer of rubber, as like as on the sides. So it doesn't matter how hard you kick it, because the only thing that will take damage will be yourself. // 10

Overall Impression: For anybody who doesn't know anything about how (AND WHEN!) to use a Wah pedal, you just can't use it in riffs. If you play hard rock/metal, then use it only in solos and maybe some verses? If you play blues/funk/rock'n'roll, then use it everytime you want and if you play country/heavy metal riffing/jazz DO NOT USE THE Wah OR YOU'LL RUIN THE SONG. // 8

More Behringer reviews rating category latest review
+ UM100 Ultra Metal 7.8 Guitar Effects 09/03/2014