UM100 Ultra Metal Review

manufacturer: Behringer date: 09/03/2014 category: Guitar Effects
Behringer: UM100 Ultra Metal
Take off with the most extreme and sought-after hard rock or heavy metal distortion around. Multi-gain circuitry lends your sound super thick, tube-like distortion plus endless sustain. There are dedicated Distortion, 3-band EQ and Level controls for effortless sound shaping.
 Reliability & Durability: 7.8
 Ease of Use: 9.1
 7.8
 8.5
reviews (13) pictures (2) 47 comments vote for this gear:
UM100 Ultra Metal Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 21, 2006

Purchased from: The Music Spot

Ease of Use: This UM100 (Ultra Metal) pedal is amazing with 6 controls you can create almost any metal sound out there. The manual is pretty simple, tells wat the knobs do, it doesn't take long to get the gidt of it. // 10

Sound: I'm playin this thru a Crate 65R amp and a Schecter Omen 6 guitar. This little beast give almost no excess noise except for a little on the higher treble settings. You can mimic almost any metal sound ut there with this stompbox, from Zeppelin all the way up to The Agony Scene its perfect for any metal junkie. // 10

Reliability & Durability: It's alright for strength even though it's only covered with plastic, I'd use it at a gig without a backup so long as I don't stomp on it too hard. // 7

Overall Impression: I play metal/hardcore so this pedal works out perfectly for me. I've been playing for just under 6 years now and this is buy far the best metal pedal out. I'd definitly buy another one if it was stolen simply because of the quality and the price. Overall anyone into metal/hardcore/screamo/grindcore you know all that junk this is the perfect pedal for you so go and get yourself one and start the shreddin'. // 9

UM100 Ultra Metal Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 02, 2007

Purchased from: Your Music (local store)

Ease of Use: Well, what can I say about the Behringer UM100. it's a great pedal. it's very very simple to use and you can get a great sound from it in just a couple of minutes. There is 1 control for distortion level (dist), I for volume (level), and a 4 band EQ. 1 high, 1 low, and 2 med. knobs. If you have a certain setting you use for your amp's Overdrive channel, just use the same config on this, and it will sound great (this is what I did). // 10

Sound: Well, I use a Stratocaster 2 classic Fender pickups on the neck and middle position and 1 Squier pickup on the bridge position. I mostly use the neck and the middle pickup, very rarely the bridge pickup. I also have few other custom made guitars but 1 which I mainly use with this pedal, a custom made with EMG 60, 81 active humbuckers. The amp I use is a Fender Frontman 15R and I sometimes also hook up a subwoofer to my amp so that it gives me a more bassy sound. Well, the pedal does make a little bit of noise when you have it on and you're not playing the guitar. I have my amp's bass on full and treble and medium on half, and the pedals eq. set like this: high on 0, both the mids on 75% and the low on full. I use it to play metal (all types, heavy, death, grindcore etc)stuff like Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Korn, Slipknot, etc and some classical rock like led zeppelin, etc. and a little bit of nirvana (but for Grunge I have a DigiTech Grunge pedal) and this pedal gives me a good sound. The pedal is certainly good (if not great). // 8

Reliability & Durability: The body is of hard plastic, and there's a rubber cover on the stomp area (I'm not sure what you call that), it's designed just like any other pedal. The pedal is certainly dependable, and I haven't used this one as my main pedal on a gig, maybe once, but I don't remember, as I have a multi effects pedal as my main, I mostly use this as a backup, but yes, I think this can be used as a main pedal, as it runs for about 2 to 3 days continuously on a 9v battery. // 9

Overall Impression: As I said before, I mainly play all types of metal, Grunge and classic rock.. also a little bit of blues and jazz, but mainly metal/grunge/rock, and I think that this pedal is pretty good for those three genres. not the best, but certainly a good one. I've been playing for about 1yr and a few months. I also own a DigiTech Grunge pedal, a Behringer UD100 distortion pedal and a Korg AX5G multi effects pedal (which I'll be changing soon). If this pedal was stolen, I don't think I would buy the same one again, as I'm an experimental guitarist, and I like experimenting with different pedals and other stuff, and also because of the fact that the Korg AX5G has a good metal effect on it. The only 1 other pedal I've compared this one to was the Boss mt2, I don't know why, but I just did, and I think that the Boss mt2 is a better pedal for metal than this one is. But still, this pedal is certainly not a bad pedal, and if you're a beginner than I consider you going for this pedal. // 9

UM100 Ultra Metal Reviewed by: MegaEgga, on april 30, 2008

Purchased from: Better Music

Ease of Use: I was saving up for a Boss MT-2 when I came across one of these in another nearby music store for $40, I tried it out and immediately fell in love with it. It is pretty much exactly the same as the Boss MT-2. The manual really doesn't do much and is mostly addresses and phone numbers but it is pretty darn simple to use, if you know how to use an amp then you can use this. It has 6 controls which are Gain, Volume, High, Mid, Mid Freq. & Low. // 9

Sound: You can create so many different sounds with it, I use it for playing stuff like Metallica and you can get such a good crunch out of it (think '... And Justice for All'). That being said it is also pretty simple to get a lighter distortion for Iron Maiden. I'm using it with an ESP LTD M-207 and a Cube 15. My amp sucks but I'm getting a new amp this weekend so that should be great. Anyway, the only problem I can think of with this pedal is it creates a lot of feedback but as the guy said above me most distortion pedals tend to do this (in my experience). // 10

Reliability & Durability: A lot of people seem to think because it is made out of plastic that it is weak, but unless you're really going to stomp on this thing I don't think it'd break. It's easily strong enough for a gig, I have had two with it and it worked great! But obviously a pedal made out of metal would be stronger. // 8

Overall Impression: I mostly play metal and you can really create a good metal sound for bands like Metallica, Megadeth and Iron Maiden with this pedal. Before buying this I had been saving up for the Boss MT-2 and found this to be better simply because of the price (about $140 cheaper), otherwise they are pretty much the same. If something was to happen to this pedal I'd almost definetely get another one because for the price ($40 Australian! ) it is absolutely amazing. // 9

UM100 Ultra Metal Reviewed by: Feed, on july 28, 2006

Purchased from: Sergio Tomassone

Ease of Use: This Ultra Metal 100 Pedal is very easy to use because with only six controls (distortion, volume, high, mid, mid frequency, low) you can get a lot of different sounds suitable for any kind of metal sound, from death to heavy. The manual is very small and has got only useless informations like "where to put the jack" and doesn't have useful information like how to use the equalizer to get a sound which fits well the kind of music you want to play. // 9

Sound: I use this pedal with my Marshall MG30DFX and my Ibanez GRG270B and I can play both bands like Death and Judas Priest. On the higher settings it's a little bit noisy but it's not annoying. The more you turn the volume up the more it sounds great. The only effect of this pedal is distortion, which I think is very good for this price. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I think it's very robust even if it's covered by plastic and not by metal. I've never used it on a gig but I think I would use it also without a backup. // 8

Overall Impression: I've been playing for two years and it's the best pedal I've tried so far. I play almost every kind of metal, and I think it matches well with heavy, power, death and trash. I would have tried this pedal before buying it but I couldn't, now it doesn't matter anyway. I love it because it's very versatile and I think I would buy it again if it was stolen. I chase this one because it's the cheapest and because I wanted to get a powerful sound out of my amplifier. // 9

UM100 Ultra Metal Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 27, 2006

Ease of Use: Put simply it's 6 knobs and a button on a battery. They haven't put 6 million dails on it. Perfect for getting a good sound quickly. It's as simple as scratching you're arse. It's simple yet effectice setup makes it easy to get a good sound out of. Upon using other guitar proccessors I found this a relif to use. A monkey could use this. // 10

Sound: I'm currently running this through Marshall MG13CDR and using a Jackson JS30RR. I have used all kinds of distortion pedals and it must be said "holy shit". Behringer has done iself proud with this 1. I only bought it after seeing it in an old window of a dodgy shop. I saw it as a sign, bought it and playied it, and it must be said, this pedal is the best bargain ever. Seriously, you can't affaord not to buy it. Plz, after reading this get 1, if you don't like it have a go at me personally, call me names or summat. // 10

Reliability & Durability: It looks f--kin flimsy but it isnt. I currently use mine to prctice but I bet it could take a betaing. Just buy a pedal board if you're that worried. Even if you do break it, it isn't a big deal, it only cost me 20 quid. Buy lots, give them to people for no reason. // 9

Overall Impression: Look, if you like metal then get this pedal. You could be playing it with a crappy 10 v amp and a pile of shit guitar and ull sound amazing. It's a real confidence booster for the beginner guitarist, cheap as f--k (price wise) and is the best sounding pedal I've ever heard. Take it from me. Buy this pedal, If you don't like it abuse me, an if you like it, give me sex. // 10

UM100 Ultra Metal Reviewed by: tpvikke, on may 03, 2007

Purchased from: Unisound

Ease of Use: The effect is very easy to use. Just get a battery, stamp it and get metal! It's easy to get the sound you want with just the 6 knobs (dist, volume, 3 band EQ+ mid freq). I didn't get any manual, but it's no need to have one. I only got the safety notes. // 10

Sound: I'm using my Behringer effect with a Behringer V-Tone amp, and a Yamaha guitar (just a piece of ****, soon buying a Jackson JS30RR). When you turned of the volume control on the guitar the effect goes a bit noisy, but when playing there is no noise in the background. The dist is pretty good. Not very roaring but good. The sustain is quite okay but that might depend on the guitar. I can't really get the Helloween dist out of it but the sound is good anyway. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I can surely depend on it on a gig without any backup at all. I just have to make sure I've got a Brand New battery in it every gig, becourse this Machine is eatin these batterys up quickly. one battery may last 2-3 weeks or so. I've used it on a couple gigs and it works fine. But I definitely say that if you got the right sound it's just to go out rocking and don't worry about the effect. It goes hard all the time. // 8

Overall Impression: I play most metal and of course it's a good match. I've been playing for two years and still the Behringer is my only effect. If this were stolen I'd try something else, only becourse I'd want to try something else. I'd like even better dist. I wish it had different "channels" to get different sounds. 2 or 3 would be enough. // 7

UM100 Ultra Metal Reviewed by: joey100, on may 15, 2007

Purchased from: Guitar Amp Keyboard

Ease of Use: This was the first pedal I got and I cannot complain about ease of use, a muppet could do it. Though the manual is brief it says all it needs to, there's nothing more to it than twisting knobs until you're happy. Changing the battery is pretty simple, it requires a little will power though as you need to find a thin enough implement to open it. // 8

Sound: Its not too noisy, or atleast not more than when it's not in use. You can get decent feedback (which I like) when not playing and there's no horrible noises when playing. When you're looking for a specific tone and find it it's always satisfying and there's no difference with this pedal however some of the higher frequencey tones are a little weak. I play a lot of Grunge punk rock and metal and I find it suits for every style. there's certainly no need to write it of because it's cheap. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I will always depend on it, I gig a lot and it's not failed me yet and I have never had back up (partly due to the fact I don't have the cash to buy multiple of the same thing.)I would be worried about dropping it though, as it is plactic and not metal and just make sure to regulaly change the battery but apart from that there's nothing to worry about. // 8

Overall Impression: Now I cannot compare it to anyother product of it's kind as I have never had one, but overall I am very happy with it. Anyone stole it, if it breaks or I loose I would probably buy it again though I may try a different Behringer pedal. I play rock, punk, Grunge, metal and when it's switched on from playin clean it sure is satisfactory (its played through a 15 watt Marshall amp (though asap a Behringer stack)and my guitar is a Vintage SG copy with 2 Wilkinson Humbuckers. Best feature is deffinatly sound for money worst is it's made with plactic but it's not been damaged yet thankfully. // 8

UM100 Ultra Metal Reviewed by: sg4ever, on september 03, 2007

Purchased from: Hickory Wind

Ease of Use: It's quite simple to use really. It's easy to get the sound you want out of it. Just increase or decrease what sounds necessary. The six knobs (dist, high, low, mid, mid freq., and level) pretty much describe themselves. The main beef I had was with the wonderful "manual" it came with. I figured things out pretty well though. // 9

Sound: It sounds good generally. I use a Greg Bennet guitar with Duncan designed pickups and a Kustom Quad DFX 65. The distortion is quite thick and pinch harmonics come through loud and ballsy (when the eqs are set properly). The highs are quite overabundant so this harms lead tone and pinch harmonics. This of course can easily be corrected by turning down the treble to the 0-2 area (resulting in the good sounding distortion that I described). I'm not really interested in having a sound exactly like some particular guitar hero of mine. I just wanted a good sound for anything from hard-edged rock to the most metallic metal. The pedal delivers all the gain and eq control I need for chugging rhythms and searing riffs and leads. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I wouldn't bank on durability and reliability. It's made outta plastic for cryin' out loud! I even got a lemon that doesn't work on the side I plug the guitar into. It is inexpensive and easily replaceable though. Shoot! I'll buy another one or cop out and use the warranty! In terms of playing gigs I'm gentle with my gear so it should hold up fine. // 6

Overall Impression: I play mostly a mixture of youth worship, blues, and rock, but delve very much into metal like, Iron Maiden, As I Lay Dying, All That Remains, Killswitch Engage, and Shadows Fall as well. I use my amp for the softer stuff and this pedal for all the heavy stuff. It works quite well indeed. I've been playing for slightly more than two years and my musical tastes have broadened. My guitar and amp couldn't handle the heavy stuff I'd started to like so this pedal was in order. I honestly could have bought better, but it's enought to satiate me for quite a while. Since it's so inexpensive I would replace it with another. // 10

UM100 Ultra Metal Reviewed by: dan ramP, on september 07, 2007

Purchased from: GAK

Ease of Use: This pedal is so awesome for it's price, I never expected something this cheap to actually sound good. The pedal itself is pretty simple to use, 6 knobs to change EQ, level and distortion and you can get any sound you want from it, with no feedback unless you max everything out. // 9

Sound: I run the pedal through a Crate GT15R and a Jackson RR3, and I have to say it sounds great, even through a practice amp. the distortions a lot better than my amp and there's only buzzing and feedback if you crank it up and stand right next to your amp. I haven't noticed the effect getting weaker as the battery dies, and the battery itself lasts a few mounths for me (I play 1-2 hours a day). I play Children Of Bodom, Norther and Cannibal Corpse, so Death Metal type stuff in general. I can get the sound I want quite easily so there are no problems with it for that genre. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Reliability wise, I'd probably take a backup pedal. "This" Behringer pedal works fine and has never had any problems, but my Behringer Chorus pedal, that ironically cos me 15 more, slowly started to die untill the effect didn't do anything and I had to get rid of it. I guess this was just a faulty pedal as the rest of my behringers still work fine. As for how strong it seems, I see no problems there, it would only break if you were to literally stomp on it I guess, and I don't really wanna try. // 8

Overall Impression: I play melodeath and death metal so this pedal suits me perfectly. I've been playing roughly 2 yrs. I own 4 other Behringer pedals, not including the now binned chorus pedal, and the rest all work fine and sound great for their price, I would definately buy it again if I lost it or it got nicked. I'd also recomend buying Behringer pedals if your looking for something that sounds good for a cheap price. // 9

UM100 Ultra Metal Reviewed by: inflames130, on may 15, 2008

Ease of Use: It is quite easy to get a good tone from this Pedal, it has a superior EQ which if you experiment around a bit you can easily get a good tone. My only complaint is that the control knods are quite fiddly and a bit too small. The manual was mediocre as it showed you the basics, but there was no presets. // 7

Sound: I put this Compact pedal through my Roland 30x Cube and my Jackson JSRR30 guitar, it makes a slight humming noise volume is up quite high. I would advise users to not use too much treble as it is quite a harsh tone, and instead pump up the treble on your amp. I find this pedal good for any metal (obviously) and espesially In Flames. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I have not gigged with it, so I would not really know but it isnt as strong as the Boss distortion pedals. So far though I haven't had any problems. If I was to gig I wouldn't use this as a backup as isnt as sturdy as the Boss which would be hard to break unlike this one. // 7

Overall Impression: I play metal, and obviously since it is called an ultra metal, it is espesially a good match for metal. I have been playing about 2 years and have tried the Boss Metal Zone. They are both similar pedal but execpt for the Boss pedal being more well built, the beringer ultra metal is excellent value for money. If this pedal was stolen or lost I would not buy it again as the distortion on my Roland cube is good enough, but overall it is an excellent product. // 8

UM100 Ultra Metal Reviewed by: eyebanez333, on december 10, 2008

Purchased from: ebay

Ease of Use: Very easy stompbox to use. Controls include: Distortion, Level, 3-band EQ, and mid-freq shaping. The manual is very simple and to-the-point, although most people should be able to figure this pedal out without consulting the manual. it's very easy to get metal tones out of this pedal. // 9

Sound: I mainly used this pedal on solid state amps in the past. I've since upgraded my amps to tube amps and I've upgraded some of my pedals accordingly. The sound is easily tweaked via the 3-band EQ and the distortion control knobs. Feedback can get a little out of hand with this pedal, especially with the distortion knob cranked. Sound is fairly comparable to the Boss metal pedals. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have depended on this pedal many times in the past couple years and used it on gigs all the time without a backup. Two things I should mention here: these things chew batteries up. I use a power supply so that's not a problem. Also, these are made from plastic. Most people say this affects their reliability but they are still constructed to be very durable. I kept mine in a road-case pedalboard so mine is in perfect condition still. // 10

Overall Impression: I play rock and metal and this pedal is a perfect match. I have been playing for a few years now and used this pedal mainly with my solid state amps in the past. If it were lost or stolen in the past I would have definitely replaced it, but I've since upgraded so it wouldn't be necessary today. This pedal is comparable to the Boss metal pedals, and is modeled after them. All in all, a decent pedal for the price, especially if you are a beginner on a budget. // 10

UM100 Ultra Metal Reviewed by: jaybrink101, on april 03, 2013

Purchased from: Dr. Music

Ease of Use: Right, so formalities out the way first: it is exactly what you'd expect from a distortion pedal: drive, treble, mids, bass, mids freq., output gain. It can run off a 9v battery or wall power. Annoyingly, it wasn't sold with a power lead which meant that I have been running it off a battery since I bought it. It's also bright pink, which imho is wonderful because black pedals are a bit cliche and I love the old EVH mantra of "let's make it colourful, because that's better". It spices up my pedalboard a bit, so despite the fact that there are no patches and the manual is of more use as a bread filler than a manual, because it is intuitive to use (to the extent where you don't need a manual) and has everything you'd expect from a distortion pedal, no complaints here. // 8

Sound: I'm a bit worried because I seem to be the only person in the world who pretty much hates this pedal. I bought it in... 2009, I think, with only a year of guitar playing under my belt and immediately plugged it in with everything on 10. Predictably, it sounded appalling. As I grew as a player and learnt more about it, I came to realize that no matter how I set it up, it still sounded unremarkable. My current rig is Gibson Les Paul Custom/Fender Stratocaster MIM/Aria Pro II > UM100 > Behringer Delay > Crybaby Wah > Fender RM65. I play everything from Behemoth to John Denver, and I'm afraid to say that it has exactly 3 usable settings and nothing else. It has an excellent, if very noisy death metal tone, you know, the seething tone that sounds like "...And Justice For All" taken up to the next step, a decent but unremarkable Angels & Airwaves tone, and if I put my output gain up and distortion to about 2, with a tube amp running low gain (i.e. clean on the gain channel), you can use it to push the amp into overdrive. Each of these tones takes a long time to set up and is really quite unremarkable, and if you attempt to get anything else out, either it sounds like balls or alternatively you're much, much more talented than I am. I record my stuff on Guitar Rig 5, and I consider myself quite good at recognizing a good tone when I hear one. I've learnt all the ins and outs of tone, including that mids are good, less gain is more gain etc, but I'm afraid this pedal doesn't really cut it. The treble knob behaves more like an on/off switch than a variable tone control, the bass knob is much the same, and the gain is noisy, rough and pathetically weak under low-gain conditions. I'll keep using it in my live rig because I'm poor and it does the job with the softer stuff, but in general I didn't like it at all. // 3

Reliability & Durability: I do gig with this (if you can call the shows I do "gigs") without a backup, but I always, always change my battery before I use it because it has died on me before. It's also worth mentioning that the rubber footpad fell off in the 2nd month. It's plastic and whilst it seems tough enough, I imagine that if one was playing some Slayer and stomped on the box mid-headbang, one could crack the plastic casing without too much difficulty. Generally speaking, I use this pedal because when I play my softer stuff, it does the job of adding a little bit of Overdrive to my relatively clean amp tone. I have used it with metal bands before, and whilst I'm gentle with my pedals, I Imagine at a proper metal show it could get broken. // 5

Overall Impression: I play in 2 bands at the moment, and I record lots of different music on the periphery. In the metal band I played in when I bought this, it was satisfactory. Noisy and it had insane feedback, but I couldn't really complain. I played in a band at a youth club at about the same time, and playing through the house Marshall/Mesa combos, it was bad. I took it out of my rig because the house amps were better in every way. Playing live with my current bands, it does the job in both (Rock/Alternative bands) of adding an extra layer of gain to my relatively clean amp sound. Nothing about this pedal blew me away. I wasn't enamored with the tones, or the build, it didn't have any redeeming features other than being pink, and nothing in the 4 years I've owned it other than budget restraints has made me want to keep it. If it was stolen, I'd use my amp's gain channel solely and wouldn't really miss it as I don't play live often enough for a distortion pedal to be vital. I'd rather get my digital rig sounding better. Eventually I'd probably replace it with a Boss DS-1 or Tubescreamer. If you like seething solid-state metal tones or you want a satisfactory starting pedal, then by all means, buy one, but there's a whole lot of much better gear out there and although I've tried to eke as much out of this as possible, it feels too much like polishing a turd. // 3

UM100 Ultra Metal Reviewed by: Blackwaterdraw, on september 03, 2014

Ease of Use: Just plug it in and start playing. Adjust to taste. Just like any other stompboxes as far as that goes. For someone who is accustomed to 3-knob boxes like the DS-1 this may be a bit of a shock, but the knobs explain themselves pretty well. Maybe if someone were to do a mod that includes some better pots it would be more adjustable. Either way, unless you plan on parking an aircraft carrier on your board you should get some good use for this pedal.

Here's my rundown:

Pros:
- good sound
- easy to adjust
- pretty durable
- cheap

Cons:
- noisy, use with a noise gate
- not enough headroom in the EQ. // 10

Sound: This is the second Behringer pedal on my board, the other being a tuner. I have played in several bands over the years and have 30+ years of playing experience. The last four years have been spent playing professionally, so I know what I'm talking about when it cones to gear. I currently play a mix of modern country rock mixed with some blues, funk, and some hard rock and metal tossed in for good measure. As the rhythm guitarist and frontman of my band I find that I like the versatility of having a few pedals in front of me so I can tailor my sound for whatever I'm playing.

Here's my rig in order of appearance:

• Ibanez/Dean/Schecter/Fender/Epiphone/ Peavey/ Randy Jackson guitar
  • Behringer tuner
  • Boss OC-3 octave
  • DOD Ice Box chorus
  • Boss AC-2 acoustic modeler
  • Line 6 short board on CAT-5
  • Line 6 Spider III 2x12 combo @ 150 watts
Lots of flangers, choruses, volumes, phasers, and a Keeley DS-1 in a junk box, unused.

I have tried several distortion a over the years, including the Uber Metal and Metal Zone. This pedal seemed to have a little more adjustment for the drive than most except the Uber. Controls are pretty simple; just plug it in, give it a generic setting, and look for a nice tone that you like.

The sound is pretty decent, albeit a little on the high side. The EQ is pretty nice but doesn't have a lot of headroom, but crank the gain and you will get some nice saturated distortion. I rarely run the gain above about 4 simply because its just too much for what I do. Of course, it's very noisy just like any other distortion pedal with the gain cranked. That's the beauty of the Uber, it has a built-in noise gate.

People ask why I even have a distortion if I already have a Tube Screamer. They are different animals, like comparing earthworms to lions. I use the TS-10 for most applications, but when I want some real dirt I use the UM-100. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Even though this box is made from plastic it seems pretty durable. I'm not a huge fan of plastic onstage, but I gig with this pedal on my board about every other weekend. I don't baby my equipment, but I don't abuse it either. I've never had an issue with either of my Behringers as far as function or durability. I'm sure over time that the switches will give out, but I have a modded DS-1 that had that happen. It's still a steal for the 5 bucks I paid for it.

I think I can depend on it and have for awhile as I don't use it for every song. Occasionally someone requests something like "Man in the Box" and I kick it in and crank the gain. For most other applications I use my TS-10 and booster. It's one of those pedals that I like to have on hand if I need it.

If someone stole it I would probably hunt them down and rip their arms off for stealing from me. If I got it back in working order I would put it back on my board and get back to work. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't pay the $100 for a new one. I would just bring the Uber Metal out of mothballs or put a new switch in the Keeley DS-1. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall, this is a decent pedal for the money. I play modern country rock, blues, funk, and some occasional metal, so I don't use it often. However, when I do kick it in it turns heads. Nice tone, easy to use, and although adjustability leaves something to be desired its still pretty nice. I gig about every other weekend and have never had any problems with it... so far. As we all know all man-made things eventually fail, but I think this will last awhile with a decent amount of care. Don't drive your truck over it or Jo on it like a gorilla and it should be fine.

The only reason I'm giving it an "8" is because the EQ isn't as good as some others out there. // 8

More Behringer reviews rating category latest review
+ C-1 Studio Condenser Microphone 5.9 Others 08/20/2014