UW300 Ultra Wah Review

review (1) pictures (1) 5 comments vote for this gear:
UW300 Ultra Wah Reviewed by: wwwnoobcom, on november 04, 2011

Price paid: € 18.9

Purchased from: Thomann.de

Ease of Use: Made in China like all other Behringers I know of. Its got a fair auto Wah sound. The manual sens Wah is almost non existent. The manual is helpful but not very useful since the pedal has only 4 knobs (2 for auto and 2 for manual). // 5

Sound: I use a guitar with humbuckers and a solid state amp. The pedal gives me an ok auto Wah sound. But a very weak yet reasonable manual sens Wah sound. I can't get the sound of any artist with this pedal unfortunately. But it can go fairly close. BUT BE WARNED: the pedal makes a cracky scratchy clipping noise when you stum hard on the guitar or play big chords, its terrible. // 3

Reliability & Durability: I can't depend on it. I wouldn't bring it to a gig without 10 backups. The pedal is made of plastic. The cracky clipping noise is going to ruin the show. And it is very cheaply made and is likely to break down on me. Also it's hard to jam a battery in there, the battery gets stuck and you can't really clip it in nicely. OH yes and when I use a power supply the light is dim and nearly dead, you can't see it properly. But with a battery is so bright and sometimes flashes just like that, can be annoying. // 3

Overall Impression: It doesn't matter what genre of music you like, this pedal wont suit it, unless you like Behringer music. I don't recommend this pedal. Consider a more expensive pedal, because they're better for your money, they wont break down and they have a nice sound. Some people say: "with Behringer you can't go wrong because they're so cheap it doesn't matter what happens to it". But I think that a 50-100 euro pedal is going to last way longer and sound way better, so don't make the mistake of buying a bad wah. // 2

More Behringer reviews rating category latest review
+ PB100 Preamp Booster 7.5 Guitar Effects 10/28/2014