V-AMP 3 Virtual Amplification Review

5.7
reviews (2) pictures (4) 14 comments vote for this gear:
V-AMP 3 Virtual Amplification Reviewed by: KDC, on may 26, 2011

Price paid: € 89

Ease of Use: At the beginning it is not easy, there are many knobs that can confuse.A better screen would be appreciated, but after some training it becomes easy. The manual doesn't says that to fully edit your effects you have to use the editor (V-amp design 3.0) that doesn't work so good for me (let me know if it works for you). I have to mention that v-amp 3 presets are not compatible with v-amp 2 ones and you need a midi-usb cable to edit presets from pc. // 7

Sound: At the end the sound is good, I managed a good sustain for my shred style adding compressor, drive and chorus but metal amps sounds the same and too digital sometimes. FX are good but there are not many, for me 9 reverbs are useless and I would like an harmonizer I.e. The high gain noise can be fixed with a pretty good noise gate. I use cheap guitar into headphones but the sound of the guitar is totally transformed so I dunno if using a pro one would change. // 7

Reliability & Durability: It is cheap plastic, but for me is good cause I play only in my room. To go live with this is not the best, also you would need a foot controller (which is not included). The power supply they give you if damaged is difficult to find cause is not generic but you will have to get the Behringer one. // 7

Overall Impression: It is good for practicing, but it could have been done better. This is not so a great advance from v-amp 2 to call it 3, the usb interface that comes bundled (that I've not used yet) could have been integrated like other brands do. There is also an included DAW (energyXT 2.5) and an aux in that I use with my mp3 for practicyng that are good. Anyway not bad for the price. // 7

V-AMP 3 Virtual Amplification Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 18, 2012

Price paid: € 79

Purchased from: musifex.pt

Ease of Use: Well, it is pretty easy to get SOUND of it. Good sound, it is impossible. It's just plastic and weak digital crap. Sorry, but, I bought it today, hoping that I could get all into one: something to record with no latency (what a lie) at home, vocals, and guitar, just for a few notes, and this thing doesn't work for nothing. That useless UCA222 with RCA in... 4 RCA ins and outs!?! WTF!? What for? Why not a JACK IN and a JACK OUT? Why complicating? This crap is useless. Tried with a lot of softwares, nothing. Half a click latency. Always. Record, and have to adjust. It's all easy to do. But worthless. // 1

Sound: I am in a downlow in life, a country in shit, my setup was all sold to pay bills, and now I am trying to get back on the track, so I have only a B.C. Rich Flying V customized by me (horns removed from head). Love the feel of the guitar and sound. But not in the V AMP. The only good thing about this is the tuner, and the "British high gain" sound. // 3

Reliability & Durability: I wouldn't use it IN A REHARSAL ROOM! I would use it on a gig as a TUNER... A big fat tuner only. And before the gig, not during, cause the f--kin thing is made for guitar players, and has nothing for your feet (your hands are busy with the guitar DUHHH!). // 1

Overall Impression: I play a genre that is evolving now in Finland a lot, a mix of metal, new metal with rock and gothlike moods. Baritone guitars. A bit "Type O Negative and HIM-ish!". I wish some one told me that V-AMP 3 is just V-AMP 2 painted red and with shinnyer knobs and ONE better distortion also. I seen a video online and it FINALLY seemed that some one brought back the true CHORUS sound (like Paradise Lost in "Draconian Times"), but no... Same old crappy chorus. I'm gonna try it with speaker bypass and other bypasses in rehearsal, maybe I'll change my mind from rating 1 to... 3... I wished that Behringer at least made the package as the V AMP 2, I would rather a footswitch then this crappy USB useless piece. No latency my a-s. Phones monitoring, my a-s! // 3

More Behringer reviews rating category latest review
+ V-AMP Pro Virtual Amplification 8.5 Guitar Effects 11/10/2014