Cruncher Review

manufacturer: Bespeco date: 08/25/2008 category: Guitar Effects
Bespeco: Cruncher
This little pedal is just a beautiful object but a little bit annoying.It's on black and red color, with a tire-decorated pedal. This is basically a distortion, Who's depth is controlled by the movements of the footswich. It also has a volume function and you can set a 9V battery into it.
 Ease of Use: 6
 2.3
 4.5
review (1) pictures (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
Cruncher Reviewed by: Roy McCartney, on august 25, 2008

Ease of Use: This little pedal is just a beautiful object but a little bit annoying. It's on black and red color, with a tire-decorated pedal. This is basically a distortion, who's depth is controlled by the movements of the footswich. It also has a volume function and you can set a 9V battery into it. // 6

Sound: The problem is that the dist. sounds great, but it makes a lot of noise when I try to get a clean sound, also, the "clean" sound has a very very low volume, and when you increase it, the sounds gets distorted again. It does the same thing on amps and consoles, I tried it with an Epiphone Les Paul Special 2 and a Washburn but the noise is still there! // 5

Reliability & Durability: I wouldn't use this pedal on a gig, because I can't get the sound I want and can't turn the distortion into clean. I'd rather change it on the amp. I don't think it is a useful gear for a concert or a gig, so I don't wanna try it on stage. The plastic appears to be hard, so it could last at least 100 years using it everyday. // 6

Overall Impression: It doesn't work for the music I want. I love blues and classic rock, and sometimes I have to take the dist. away, but at the moment I do that, the horrible noise appears, so it doesn't fit at all. But not everything are bad news. It has a pretty shape, so it's a beautiful piece of decoration. I think I'll buy it (if someone is interested in stealing it from me, you would be doing me a favor). Well, I don't know if my pedal is the only one of this model with that problem, but if I had another opportunity, I wouldn't buy it. // 1

Comments