CE-3 Chorus Review

8.5
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
CE-3 Chorus Reviewed by: championguitar, on april 12, 2011

Purchased from: ebay

Ease of Use: This is a Boss CE-3 chorus pedal made in japan. It is very easy to get a good sound out of it only has 3 knobs. I have found several usable settings for it depending on what I want for a paticular sound. My pedal didn't come with a manual but you don't need one to get a good sound out of this pedal. // 8

Sound: I am using a Squier Jagmaster though a Crate V5 amp. I also am using a BOSS DS-1 and an sd-1 but I only use the sd-1 with this pedal. It is a faily noisy pedal and it has a higher pitched hiss that you can easily hear when your not playing, I plan on getting a noise suppressor to correct this. It can go from a suble chorus to a full on insane kind of chorus like you hear on Come as You Are by Nirvana. // 9

Reliability & Durability: It's a Boss pedal they are built like tanks. My pedal was made in 1982 and has lasted almost 30 years with only a few chips in the paint. The only thing it that it takes a bit more force to turn it on than my newer Boss pedals but that isn't a real problem. I'd use it in a gig without a backup only with a few extra batterys. // 10

Overall Impression: I play alot of rock, which I don't use this pedal for but almost all of my clean sounds I have this pedal on. I've been playing for 2 1/2 years and this is the third pedal that I've purchased. If this pedal was stolen then I probably would get another because it was very cheap for a good quality chorus pedal. I tried a few other chorus pedals and this one beat all of them in the price range. // 7

More Boss reviews rating category latest review
+ ME-50B Bass Multi Effects Processor 8.5 Bass Effects 11/20/2014