EH-2 Enhancer Review

manufacturer: Boss date: 09/01/2003 category: Guitar Effects
Boss: EH-2 Enhancer
3 controls (Mix, Frequency and Sens)
 Ease of Use: 10
 9.1
 8.1
review (1) 5 comments vote for this gear:
EH-2 Enhancer Reviewed by: UG Team, on september 01, 2003

Purchased from: Ardens Music

Ease of Use: This is the easiest piece of gear to get a good sound out of. It's 3 controls (Mix, Frequency and Sens) make it very easy to get a tone you like. Mix controls how much the dry signal is mixed with the "enhanced" signal. Frequency controls the frequency it enhances at. and sens controls how it reacts to the enhancing. low sens = low ammount of enhancing, high sens = high ammount enhancing. // 10

Sound: I have it set up with my Boss DS-2 and crate GX-15 combo amp. My signal chain is : Guitar-->Boss DS-2-->Boss EH-2-->Amp It makes the distortion cut through much more. Before it was essentially a wall of noise. Now it is bareable. The mid boost on the DS-2 is more controlled, and the bass and treble are much better, they exist now. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Like all Boss pedals, they are built like a tank. I will use this for every gig i ever play and I wouldn't ever think to have a back up, it wouldn't be needed. It is a very reliable pedal. // 10

Overall Impression: This pedal is suited for all styles, it can work with any player in my opinion. For my MuDvAyNe, Metallica, Tool style playing, it suits it fine. It is very much like a BBE Sonic Maximizer, only cheaper. It does the same thing essentially. It's the only pedal that will never leave my signal chain. And if it ever dies, I'm going hunting for another, although I doubt that will happen. // 10

More Boss reviews rating category latest review
+ CH-1 Super Chorus 8.3 Guitar Effects 04/03/2014