FB-2 Feedbacker/Booster Review

manufacturer: Boss date: 04/23/2012 category: Guitar Effects
Boss: FB-2 Feedbacker/Booster
This pedal is totally cool, it works with your amp, no matter what type, and/or other effects quite well. Total control over your feedback, and it will give you all the F. B. you need to color your compositions, even on a clean sounding amp, and AT ANY VOLUME.
 Reliability & Durability: 9.5
 Ease of Use: 8.5
 8.5
 9.4
reviews (2) pictures (2) 9 comments vote for this gear:
FB-2 Feedbacker/Booster Reviewed by: JoeFlips, on april 23, 2012

Purchased from: Sweetwater

Ease of Use: With just four knobs, with only three for the boost and one for feedback, this pedal is very simple, but not necessarily easy to find a good sound. The Manual is in-depth and such, but really, its not necessary. However easy the pedal is to use, it is not exactly easy to find a good tone for the boost. The feedback is relatively easy to get a good sound from, but after playing with this thing for hours, I am still not satisfied with the tone that it puts out currently. The character knob is not extremely helpful, considering you dull your tone a lot if you don't go past halfway, making it harder to get a nice tone. The boost level is quite the opposite, as it easily allows you to change the volume of the boost. The tone knob is much easier to use than the character, and it really can work for a multitude of styles, and is useful all around the dial. As far as feedback goes, just hold down the pedal, it's pretty straightforward. // 7

Sound: The character knob is important, but it's extremely limited. The only place you can really have the dial is, as I said before, past halfway, around 1 or 2 o'clock. The tone knob is the main knob to use to really shape the sound of the boost, allowing you to create many different styles and tones. When it comes to the feedback, it's hard to not get a good sound out of it. I have noticed no noise, from this pedal, minus the usual noise that I have on my amp. I am running this through a Gibson SG Special with Seymour Duncan '59 pickups and a Fender Mustang II. This pedal is pretty helpful with boosting up your solos, and the feedback feature is cool, but there is about a 1 or 2 second delay before the feedback actually starts to kick in. // 6

Reliability & Durability: Come, on guys. This thing is a rock. The knobs are well secured, and it is very solid. I would definitely gig without a back up, and the only complain anyone could have is that it takes all of two hours to drain an alkaline battery. Obviously, it should be used with an adapter. // 10

Overall Impression: I play mostly Classic Rock and Hard Rock, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, GN'R, and this pedal works just fine. It would definitely work with almost any other style. I wish I had tried the pedal first to see how the feedback feature works, as there is quite a delay, which bothers me a bit. If it were stolen or lost, I would think about buying it again, but maybe get some other pedals first. I love the feedback it creates, I hate how tough it is to find a good tone. Overall, it gets the job done, and creates realistic feedback, albeit with a bit of a delay. // 7

FB-2 Feedbacker/Booster Reviewed by: krankersore, on february 29, 2012

Purchased from: Musician's friend

Ease of Use: This pedal is totally cool, it works with your amp, no matter what type, and/or other effects quite well. It's new so there's no review, yet. I saw the reviews that were posted on the M.F. website, and they weren't too encouraging, but I also saw the review that Paul Riario posted on the Guitar World website, and decided to buy it anyway. I was happily surprised! Total control over your feedback, and it will give you all the F. B. you need to color your compositions, even on a clean sounding amp, and AT ANY VOLUME. Wow, what a plus to my rig, and sound. // 10

Sound: I am using this at the end of my effects chain, it goes guitar > Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah > DigiTech RP-500 Multi-Effects Processor > Behringer Vintage Tube Monster > BOSS FB2 > Kustom 12 Gauge Amp/HOTRODDED. The effect is strong at all times, and in all applications. I really don't want to sound like any other artist, as that isn't where I want to go musically. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Looks like it'll stand up, like all Boss pedals, made, for the road. So it would seem to be reliable. I've only had it for a couple of days though, so I really don't know. Still and all, it seems okay to me. // 9

Overall Impression: I play most types of music, with leanings towards rock, blues, metal, and punk.This pedal works for them all. I have been playing about 30 years. I don't like the recovery time that it takes to get back to a natural tone, but I have found that I can use the recovery time to sustain my notation. But, any how it gets a 9, here. Yeah, if it was stolen I think I'd get another, I like what it does. // 9

More Boss reviews rating category latest review
+ GT-100 Amp Effects Processor 8 Guitar Effects 07/07/2014