GT-3 Guitar Effects Processor Review

manufacturer: Boss date: 04/20/2011 category: Guitar Effects
Boss: GT-3 Guitar Effects Processor
The Boss GT-3 Guitar Effects Processor takes the professional-quality guitar effects and killer Cosm-based preamp of the flagship GT-5 and places them in a sturdy, compact pedalboard with a surprisingly low price.
 Ease of Use: 10
 8.3
 6.6
reviews (3) 9 comments vote for this gear:
GT-3 Guitar Effects Processor Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 01, 2009

Ease of Use: Before getting the GT3 I had no previous experiance of guitar effects. After purchasing it I was really impressed with the GT3's ease of use, and within minutes I had the sound I wanted from it. I found editing the patches very easy and anything I needed to know was in the instruction maunal. // 10

Sound: I currently using a Ibanez Gio, and a Laney LV300 amp. (I origanaly used the GT3 in the effects loop but afer purchasing a dunnolop wah pedal I put it before the amp.) I found that the GT3 sounds really good and allows you to create a variety of sounds. I was really impressed with the accousitic simulator, noise gate, and distortions in the GT3. The only thing I would say is that the sweep on the wah isnt that great but I don't know whether that is me or the GT3. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I find the GT3 really reliable and I haven't had any faults with it, and neither did the previous own of it. I haven't played any gigs using the GT3 but I practise in a band all the time and I can rely on it to keep working throughout the practise. And even during practise the durability of the GT3 is shown when I need to quickly put in a new patch and edit current ones. // 10

Overall Impression: I play a lot of Metal and classic rock, and have been playing for 5 years. Before buying it I really didn't know much about guitar effects but now after talking with some of my friends Who play guitar the GT3 seems like a great purchase, and I haven't looked back after buying it. // 10

GT-3 Guitar Effects Processor Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 15, 2005

Ease of Use: The GT-3 offers a large variety of pre-built patches that work great for all genres. Editing is very easy, haven't even bothered to read the manual. Includes four patch pedals for each of the 85 banks (first 35 patches are for the user) plus an expression pedal, control pedal, and bank up and down pedals. Haven't made my own patches yet I just use pre-built patches and modify them. // 10

Sound: I run my Fender Deluxe through this with a monster cable into my Crate GLX 212. It has a built-in noise gate which creates virtually no noise, a huge plus for any muscian. As with the Boss stomp boxes these offer high quality effects. Favorites are the chorus, delay, and flangers. The wahs also work great with the expression pedal. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Built solid with a metal frame. Don't gig but it is definately strong enough for the road. // 10

Overall Impression: I play mostly classic rock and heavy metal, also some classical, hair metal, blues, and country. I've been playin for about 2 years and own a Fender Deluxe HH, Crate GLX 212, and an Alvarez RD-8, all purchased at Ron Zehel Guitar Center. Most people on here say if there gear was lost they would/wouldn't buy it again, If I lost this skew I probably get another, Boss makes great effects processors/stomp boxes. // 10

GT-3 Guitar Effects Processor Reviewed by: RICKY BLACK, on april 20, 2011

Purchased from: DAWSONS

Ease of Use: Very easy to get a good sound. Editing is very quick. Manual gives good detail, and easy to understand. My unit has not been upgraded. You can get many different sounds with the unit, and the patches I find are very easy to edit. I feel that that you don't have to refer often to the manual as it is so simple to edit. // 10

Sound: I am left handed and I use a BLACK+GOLD FITTINGS 1974 Gibson LES PAUL CUSTOM...1989 RED STRAT WITH DiMarzio PICKUPS... CUSTOM MADE 12+6 DOUBLE NECK. I plug my guitar into a Cry Baby wah-wah then into the GT3 outputted directly into a 1U RACK EQ UNIT, and finally into a 2U MOSFET STEREO 100+100 RACK POWER AMP with one 12" cabinet per side. I like the sounds of various artists from rock to country. I do not try to emulate any guitarist but try to get my own sound. On the GT3 I have 4 patches with clean sounds... similar with different distortion patches...and also some patches with various echo and reverb sounds. I am pleased with all the different effects available. If you are happy with your sound from your setup then why bother trying out something else. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Like all Boss UNITS this is built to last, and excellent to use live. I would use it without a backup. This unit is like all the rest of the Boss pedals...built to last for years, and excellent for gigging with. I have used this unit for many years with no problems. I have shown this unit to several friends of mine, and a lot of them have were so impressed that they went and bought one. // 10

Overall Impression: I play various music from country...rock...ballads. I have been playing 40+ years, and enjoyed every moment. I have tried out numerous equipment over the years but now I like the sound and the quick setup I have been using for the past 15+ years. This is a great unit, and I would buy another one if it was ever lost. // 10

More Boss reviews rating category latest review
+ ME-80 Guitar Multiple Effects 8.3 Guitar Effects 12/23/2014