HM-100 Heavy Metal Review

8.2
 8.3
review (1) pictures (1) user comments vote for this gear:
HM-100 Heavy Metal Reviewed by: jacetine29, on july 15, 2014

Ease of Use: When it comes to ease of use, it's not really that hard but beginners will have a confusing experience with having 6 knobs to fiddle around with. It may take some time to get it sound the way you want it but it'll surely please your ears in one way or another. // 7

Sound: This is basically a clone of Boss Metal Zone pedal. It offers a total of 6 knobs to create various sounds which are level, low, high, mid, mid frequency, and distortion. Obviously I use it for metal and I find it great. I can get tones for Metallica and all. It's not noisy in my opinion. I also use it to boost an already driven amp to get some good crunch tones. The only downside to it is that due to the high gain, it produces too much of high frequencies but it could be fixed with turning down the high knob. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This the good part of this pedal. It's cheap yet durable. It's made out of die cast metal unlike all those plastic china pedals. I even dropped this once but only a slight chip in the paint. // 9

Overall Impression: I'm pretty much amazed by this cheap pedal's performance. It really gets the job done. I highly recommend this to people who would like to get great metal tones without breaking the bank. // 9

Comments