2Wah Review

7.8
review (1) pictures (2) 4 comments vote for this gear:
2Wah Reviewed by: Wiintruder, on december 18, 2009

Price paid: € 115

Purchased from: Lismúsica (PT)

Ease of Use: It's a Wah. Step on it and rock. This model has 6 different modes. 3 for low and 3 for high. 2 three position switches to select what model of high/low to use. It also has a Attack knob which changes the way it modulates the signal. To get the exact sound You're looking for requires some messing around with it. Easy. To select between modes (Low or High) You just step on the back of the pedal to Switch. This is very useful but sometimes it happens accidentally and that sucks. Requires some getting used to but it's useful. The Carl Martin site states that it is true bypass, but I never opened it to check. It doesn't color the signal at all when off. // 8

Sound: I use it with an Epi LP Goth with Bareknuckle Nailbomb calibrated set. At home (for now) I use it with my Roland Cube 15. It sounds great for clean and funky stuff. High gain not so well. You can get a good distorted wah sound but the gain must be down or it will sound bad. For cleans, funk, and general low gain stuff it does wonders but stay away from it for higher gain. I already tried with more expensive amps (Vox AC30 and Orange AD30) and it doesn't let You down. It does fast sweeps very well. Sometimes I notice a volume increase/decrease that I didn't notice trying other wahs but it doesn't annoy me at all. // 7

Reliability & Durability: It's pretty well built but I don't think it will take years and years of heavy stepping. I take care of my gear and so far haven't seen any signs of paint fading or scratches (except on the bottom but that's normal) after 8 months of using it. After some months it does require to adjust the sensitivity of it (with the included Tool) but that is to just keep it exactly as You want it. // 8

Overall Impression: I play lots of clean stuff and some high gain. As I said, this doesn't suit well high gain playing but for what I play in clean it suits me beautifully. I'll get another wah specifically for high gain solos but for now I think this does the job very well. If stolen I will probably save for a better wah like a Morley or a clyde but for the price I think it's very good. // 8

More Carl Martin reviews rating category latest review