DD1 Digital Delay Review

7.9
 7.8
reviews (2) pictures (3) 1 comment vote for this gear:
DD1 Digital Delay Reviewed by: Deanguitarist39, on april 08, 2010

Ease of Use: Very Simple to use. Three knobs: Time Repeats and Level. You can take it right out of the box and start jamming. Its a delay pedal so you don't have to tweak eq or any of that stuff just plug in and play! // 10

Sound: I am playing a Gibson SG through a Crate flexwave 120 watt amp. It is a very simple pedal. I like to use it during my solos or on my chorused passages. It does add a tiny bit of noise when engaged. I can get a lot of good sounds really easy. Anything from slap back delay to Paul Gilbert's Echo Song. It is a great effect for the people who want a simple cheap delay pedal. // 8

Reliability & Durability: The foot Switch and metal casing seems dependable. The LED could be a bit brighter though. This thing eats up batteries very quick so you must use a power adapter. // 9

Overall Impression: I have been playing for 4 years now and have a variety of guitars and pedals. I bought this pedal to make my solos sound like Steve Vai and all of the other shredders. There are better more complex delay pedals on the market but if you don't want to spend 160$ at least for a good tone then this is your best option. I have a DigiTech Hardwire DL-8 Delay. This pedal will basically sound the same as the DigiTech on the simple settings. If it were lost or stolen I would buy another one right away cause I use it on almost every solo. I wish it had less noise but I still love the simple effects. For 60$ you can't go wrong! // 9

DD1 Digital Delay Reviewed by: andy474x, on august 30, 2011

Ease of Use: The DD1 is a very simple delay, with three knobs, one for mix, which basically dictates how much of the effect you hear after the original note, one for time which is the length of the repeated segment, and one knob that adjusts the number of repeats. Would be nice if it had an adjustment for the decay rate, but for $60 the features are fine. // 8

Sound: For such a price competitive delay, this unit sounds pretty good. Not quite as good as a nice analog delay of course, but it surely won't make you cringe. Doesn't seem to color the tone of the repeats, which I've noticed some delay pedals do. Overall, a nice option if you just want to dabble in using delay. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This pedal unfortunately doesn't get great marks in this category. Had it on my board and I must have hit it on a doorway or something, the footswitch popped right off and I didn't even know it. I didn't even know I had hit anything so for all I know it could've just fallen off on its own. Anyways, had to take it back to GC because it was under warranty. As soon as I walked in the door I was told that I had to talk directly to "the company" and GC didn't deal with the warranty. Well, I'm pretty sure Delta Lab IS Guitar Center (somehow) so lo and behold, I email "the company" and they tell me GC handles their warranty replacement. I'm sure some of you have had similar frustrating experiences. So when I went back to have it replaced, the GC manager was nice enough to save out a unit in a box that was beat to heck for me, basically traded a broken pedal for a probably broken pedal. And that, my friends, was the last time I shopped at that store. Anyways, not a very dependable unit. // 4

Overall Impression: Overall, I would say this pedal is ok. Not great, not terrible. You definitely get your $60 worth of sound, but that's about it. If it's your first delay pedal, it's a good one to use to learn and have some fun with, maybe save as a backup for your rig later on. Unfortunately, the max delay time is a bit too short for all my needs (I believe it's 350ms), so I ended up upgrading, but I still use the DD1 as a secondary delay on my board. // 7

More DeltaLab reviews rating category latest review
+ CTM-40 Chromatic Tuner & Metronome 4.3 Guitar Effects 04/23/2013