DGFX1 Guitar Multi Effects Pedal Review

manufacturer: DeltaLab date: 09/08/2009 category: Guitar Effects
DeltaLab: DGFX1 Guitar Multi Effects Pedal
The DeltaLab DGFX1 is a versatile guitar multi effects pedal that offers you endless control and customization of amps, effects, and speakers.
 Ease of Use: 8
 8.5
 8.5
 8.4
review (1) pictures (4) 11 comments vote for this gear:
DGFX1 Guitar Multi Effects Pedal Reviewed by: Roan_Minstrel, on september 08, 2009

Ease of Use: The sound is _near_ perfect. There are two main problems though. When playing on some patches it has trouble picking up notes, but that is only if you don't strum very hard. Also, the default setting for the master volume is 70 out of one hundred. I have to set it below 10 for a good practice volume. There are 48 different patches, and there are settings for each. It sounds complex, but the layout is relatively simple. You MUST read the manual. It may not be cool, but you can really mess up you're ears if you're not careful. // 8

Sound: My guitar is the Ibanez RG Fixed (which is a great guitar, so I recommend it)and I am playing it off of a Fender Reverb Amp. Its kinda old, and by itself has an average sound quality, but this pedal isn't affected by that. Even on the average amp, the effects can come through clear. There aren't weak effects. Some are kinda dumb effects, but they sound fine. There are great metal effects, but they sound a bit the same, there's good distortion and great wah and other weirdish effects. The wahs are excellent and I recommend them. As I said earlier, there are many Metal effects, such as one labeled Sandman (I wonder why?). // 10

Reliability & Durability: I don't play alot of gigs (I've never had one). I recommend this for a beginner effects pedal because of all the settings. It really is great to play around on. Hypothetically, this is a good effect for a gig because its wide variety of sounds and its ability to save settings so you can Switch between sounds. It could be used in a solo gig because it has a built in drum beat and a tuner. It isn't small, but its not huge. It's around 9 by 11 by 2. // 7

Overall Impression: I play alternative mostly and this pedal is great for blues, metal, rock, and anything like those. I have played bass for a year and guitare for 9 months. That not a lot of experience, and I'm not that good, but if theres a song that you like and your guitar doesn't sound like it, this pedal can match that sound almost perfectly. As long as theres a guitar amp and an electric guitar(that's kinda needed) and some cords, this pedal is for you, probably. I'm no salesman and i'm not paid to advertise this. If I lost this, I would absolutely get another one. It helps a beginner find a unique sound and its inexpensive. There are some stuupid effects like Riff, which plays five notes after the one note you actually played, but it makes a five year old seem skilled with a guitar. I compared it to a bunch of effects, but I always came back to this one. It was a combination of five 50$ pedals, which is obviously a great deal. It was good enough that i can't remember the names of the other pedals I tried. It has a lot. Mind boggling in fact. So if it had more, it would EXPLODE! and splatter circuits all on the nice flooring (what a nice picture that would be). Once again, I am not a salesman, and I am not paid to do this! // 9

More DeltaLab reviews rating category latest review
+ CTM-40 Chromatic Tuner & Metronome 4.3 Guitar Effects 04/23/2013