SC1 Stereo Chorus Review

Ease of Use: 10
 8.5
review (1) pictures (2) 3 comments vote for this gear:
SC1 Stereo Chorus Reviewed by: ethan_hanus, on january 19, 2010

Ease of Use: Its a fairly easy pedal to use, prolly one of the most basic chorus pedals I have ever used. It has three knobs, Rate, Depth, and Level. Rate controls the speed of the effect, depth controls how much the tone of the pedal and the chorus effects your overall tone, and level controls how much the output of the effect is. I Didn't really get a manual with this pedal, it just kinda came in a box all by itself. The pedal has 3 different jacks, one is Out A(Mono), Out B, and Input. Out A is the one you want to use if your putting it through a effects chain or through the FX loop, Out B is for cutting out all effects and just using the chorus on the clean channel, so say if your running distortion, and you have the SC-1 plugged in on the Out B and you click it on, it will cut the distortion and only let the chorus effect work. But it only works if its the first pedal in the chain or the first pedal in your FX chain. // 10

Sound: I'm using the pedal with a Custom Valveking 112 and my Custom Metal Squier outfitted with EMG 81's. The pedal is dead quiet, on all settings, no interference whatsoever. The effects are fairly strong, but not overpowering, it blends better than it overpowers. But the effect is still very audible, which is where the depth knob comes in handy, if you want the chorus effect to be slightly heard, then you back off on the depth, if you want the chorus effect to be heard over everything else, then you max it out. My favorite setting is the rate knob at 9 o'clock and the depth knob almost maxed out, level about in the middle, gives a very nice crisp and clear chorus effect, works great for abstract sounds or rhythm guitar. One bad thing about it might be that its almost to basic, you can't get any complicated chorus tones out of it. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This thing is just a solid chunk of metal, the entire thing, the only plastic on it is the knobs, everything else is just 1/2 cm thick steel, there is no way your going to Hurt this pedal. I can rely on this thing with my life, it will work no matter what, unless the battery is dead, which takes a long time to drain. Its a pretty heavy pedal too, can do some real damage if you throw it at something. And I have thrown it at things, mainly annoying people. // 10

Overall Impression: I play a lot of metal, such as Chevelle, Cold, Stained, and also music like Billy Talent, but I mainly use the SC-1 in my youth band at church, it works great for abstract sounds, and just to make your tone fuller. I've been playing for 4 years and have tried many different chorus pedals, this one was the best for the money. If it got stolen I would buy a new one, just cause you can't find such a easy simple chorus for $50 like this one. This pedal for me is everything I wanted in a chorus effect, so there's nothing else I would want on it. // 9

More DeltaLab reviews rating category latest review
+ CTM-40 Chromatic Tuner & Metronome 4.3 Guitar Effects 04/23/2013