CF7 Chorus Factory Review

manufacturer: DigiTech date: 02/09/2008 category: Guitar Effects
DigiTech: CF7 Chorus Factory
Equipped with three two-in-one concentric controls, the CF-7 adjusts the standard Speed, Depth, and Level functions found on most chorus pedals, plus three extra controls for each chorus effect. Two outputs offer either mono or stereo operation.
 Ease of Use: 8
 8.5
 9.3
 7.6
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
CF7 Chorus Factory Reviewed by: evill22, on february 09, 2008

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

Ease of Use: There are so many different sounds you can get from this pedal, because it combines the tone from seven different chorus pedals. There is a 7 knob system. Each of the first three knobs has a seperate knob on the base of each knob. It seems hard to put down in words, but if you look at a picture, you can easily understand. It does come with a manual which is easy to understand. // 8

Sound: I'm using my Gibson Les Paul Standard with a Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412 Slant Cab Half Stack. The effects sound great, and the seven effects that make up this one pedal are as follows. DigiTech Multi Chorus, Voodoo Lab Analog Chorus, TC Electronic Stereo Chorus/Flanger, Fulltone Choralflange, Boss CH-1 Super Chorus, EH Small Clone, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble. You can pretty much create any tone you want with the choice between these seven pedals. However with heavy chorus, distortion (or at least DigiTech Hot Head) doesn't work too well with it. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This is certainly a dependable pedal. I haven't used it in a gig, but I've owned the pedal for a couple of months, and it hasn't failed me so far. I intend on using this pedal in the next gig that I play in. This pedal seems like the kind of pedal that will not stop working even long after most of your other pedals have broken. // 10

Overall Impression: I play a mix between modern rock and alternative/metal. This works for the modern rock songs that I play, or the classic rock songs that I play. However not too well for the metal style of guitar. I've been playing for around 8 years, and this is the first chorus pedal I've ever owned, and I don't regret purchasing this one. If I lost this particular pedal, I'd have bought a new one by the next day. My favorite feature is definitely the choice between 7 different guitar effects. Now I really want the DigiTech DF7, to see how well that one plays. // 10

More DigiTech reviews rating category latest review
+ RP355 8.6 Guitar Effects 08/04/2014