Digital Multi Voice Chorus Review

manufacturer: DigiTech date: 06/06/2005 category: Guitar Effects
DigiTech: Digital Multi Voice Chorus
With DigiTech's exclusive Multi-Voicing technology, this new Multi-Chorus pedal allows users to morph through a broad range of voices, resulting in a unlimited supply of lush multi-voice sounds.
 Ease of Use: 8
 8.5
 7.5
reviews (2) 2 comments vote for this gear:
Digital Multi Voice Chorus Reviewed by: metalmastodon, on june 06, 2005

Ease of Use: It is very easy to get a good sound of it. They are good. It come with no manual. No, I bought it used and I know that it has not been upgraded. // 8

Sound: I use it with my Danelectro Distortion pedal, a Washburn X-Series Pro, on my Randall R20 amp. The chorus goes great with any type of distrotion or clean. The effects to me are always strong and noticable. I can get the sound of Vevet Revolver's Slither. // 10

Reliability & Durability: It is very dependable I bought mine used and it had been droped and and all messed up and it still works just like the one out the box. I always have a backup in my gigs just incase. // 10

Overall Impression: I play hard rock and it fits great with my GnR covers I do. I've been playing for 1 1/2 years but my band does a lot of my friends partys so we're consantly learning songs. I also own a Danelectro Black Licorice pedal, a Epiphone Special 2, and a Crate 10 watt practice amp. I wished I had asked where to put the battery I had to take it to Guitar Center and have the guy show me how to do it. I would diffenently buy it again even though it would cost more then what I paid for it used put its a great pedal. I love the sound. I don't like the fact that takes forever to find the sound you want. The voice control is my favorite feature. // 8

Digital Multi Voice Chorus Reviewed by: Dave_Mc, on june 06, 2005

Purchased from: Matchetts Music

Ease of Use: It's very easy to use. It has 4 buttons: level (the volume of the unit), speed (the speed at which it oscillates), depth (how wide the oscillations/detunings are) and voice. The voice control is this pedal's secret weapon, it can have from 1 to 16 voices, i.e. it can sound like there are between one and sixteen other people playing with you. The manual is good, and you can get sample settings from the DigiTech website. // 8

Sound: Sounds pretty good. You can get a very nice lush chorus sound from it that makes clean parts sparkle. It can get a little noisy when used with Overdrive, and can sound a little digital, but overall it's a good pedal. I mostly use chorus for clean playing anyway. And the voice control is a nice feature; I haven't seen that feature on many other chorus pedals. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I haven't gigged with it, and I've had no problems. I admit that's not much of a test though. The buttons look a little fiddly though. // 8

Overall Impression: I use it with an Ibanez RG470 through a Marshall AVT100 amp. It does what it says on the tin gives you a nice lush chorus, and the voice control is a nice touch. It's just a pity it sounds a little digital with Overdrive. Still, it's pretty good. I also must add I got a very good price on it. I don't think I'd have payed list price on it (89) considering you could get a Boss Chorus pedal for about 50-55. Also, it does eat batteries, you pretty much need a DC adaptor for it. Overall, though, I still like this pedal. // 8

More DigiTech reviews rating category latest review
+ RP355 8.6 Guitar Effects 08/04/2014