HardWire RV-7 Reverb Review

8.5
review (1) pictures (1) 8 comments vote for this gear:
HardWire RV-7 Reverb Reviewed by: ToneMonster, on july 05, 2010

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

Ease of Use: Really simple controls, not confusing at all. You have your mode Switch 1-7, a resonance or intensity control and a liveliness control which adds or cuts the warmth or high end of the reverb. I have had reverbs with like 20 params, you can go nuts w that many variants. This is simple and it's Lexicon quality! // 10

Sound: This is as good as it gets in a reverb. This is super quality, HD tone. Put this in your loop chain and it becomes a part of your amp. Every type of reverb is useful depending on what you are trying to do. Best to keep it subtle and transparent. Hard to believe you would find or require a better unit that this one! I just got mine on sale for $50, are you kidding me $50 for Lexicon. AND seriously after having read a lot of reviews about this pedal, I have to FYI the cats out there. This is true hard wired bypass, BUT when you click on "tails" on this unit, or ANY OTHER, that is NOT true by-pass! The manual on anything will admit this FACT. True by-pass cuts immediately off, period! // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have used a lot of DigiTech boxes over the years. I currently run three including this one. They have presented no real problems. I dig my Synth Wah for basic low envelope trigger and I use my Whammy mostly for its harmonizer modes. I do have problems with the pedal cal slipping on me but that is another story for a Whammy review. The RV-7 is a quality pedal, great controls, quality components. This is way beyond any simple spring reverb. // 10

Overall Impression: HD reverb. Super quality. Lexicon based modes. I got mine for $50, I still cannot believe it, it is well-worth the normal $150. I have no doubt this will kick a Boss's ass. I am picky about my board and I have to admit I have NO little Boss pedals, I hate their buffer circuits and do not understand why so many use them. I had two modified by Keeley elsewise they were a no go. Those who hate Digitech, I mean why, I have had all sorts of their gear including a RP500, it was all good. You might argue for analog verses digital and most of my gear now is analog, but for reverb or delay, digital is the word! // 10

More DigiTech reviews rating category latest review
+ RP1000 5.7 Guitar Effects 12/17/2013