JamMan Solo Review

6.6
reviews (2) pictures (2) 14 comments vote for this gear:
JamMan Solo Reviewed by: TheWho2, on october 20, 2010

Purchased from: Ebay

Ease of Use: Pretty simple to use. Just have to get the hang of it, just give it a day or two to get a hang of it and it will be like riding a bike you will never forget how to use it. The manual was pretty helpful though I didn't read a lot of it, just parts I got confused on. I have upgraded it, and didn't notice any change. The jam manger is a great thing. // 9

Sound: My setup is. Amp>Digitech Jamman>Boss Blues Driver>Behringer Wah>Guitar. It is not noisy at all. I'm not sure why I put it where it is, I just read somewhere it should be last one hooked up from your guitar. But I have noticed it does make the sound get a tad bit... err not clear sometimes, which can get annoying but it doesn't always do it, so idk if its my pedal or everyone's. // 7

Reliability & Durability: It is pretty reliable, it doesn't run off battery so make sure you always have an 9v adapter with you. I don't gig with it I just use it for home use, or if I'm doing a solo project. I have dropped it on my Drive way(it fell out of my bag) and it still works just has a tiny scratch. // 10

Overall Impression: This is a pretty good loop pedal for the price, simple and easy to use. I had it for a few months now. If it was stolen I probably would get another one because loop pedals come in handy. I just wish it had more metronome sounds. You can download the "jam manger" which when you plug ur pedal in ur computer you can put stuff on ur pedal and take stuff off or move the order of the tracks. // 9

JamMan Solo Reviewed by: monsterkabouter, on december 23, 2011

Price paid: A$ 2500

Purchased from: Music Connection

Ease of Use: The currency should be in Rand, as I live in South Africa. It amounts to about 200 Pounds. This is not a pedal that you intuitively know how to use. It takes a bit of concentration to work out the series of button presses needed to store or delete loops. Its a little finnicky, and but there is method to the madness. The actual recording of loops is a breeze though. // 6

Sound: I use it with a Yamaha EG 112 guitar, a Peavey Rage 158 amp and a Cherub Technologies amp sim pedal for distortion, and I find it non intrusive on my sound. There is no hiss other than the natural noise of my guitar. The loops are recorded as mono CD quality wav files and could be used as a primitive recording device to make demos and such (just put a mic in the input socket to record vocals and drums and you're good to go). There are no digital artifacts or noises whatsoever. What you play is what you hear, and on that basis it gets a perfect score. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The pedal chassis is made of metal, cast iron I presume, and feels heavy and sturdy. I have no doubt that this pedal would only malfunction after severe mistreatment, such as being dropped from a considerable height or getting liquid in its circuits. If I was to use it live I'd recommend using a battery as well as the included power supply (Looping stations draw a lot of current so its important to use an AC/DC adapter with the specified output). I have never had any problems with this pedal (really, nothing) and can't see a reason for any occurring, so I have to award it full marks. // 10

Overall Impression: This is the entry level JamMan, and should be assessed as such. It is a great piece to practice with, such as improvisation, but can be used in a live environment. It is not handsfree however, and bending down to select different loops might be akward on stage. With an optional 32 gig SD card (not supplied) it can hold a maximum of 16 hours of loops. What this means is that you can load many many backing tracks, drumbeats or other sounds you might require onto the looper and improvise over them, or use it while performing, solo or otherwise. I personally like to turn the beat (adjustable in tempo, time signature and style) completely off. I have been playing guitar for 7 years and am well informed about all things associated with guitar. I would recommend this looper to bedroom practicers and people in small bands. If you need a looper for intensive live use, I would suggest that you fork out the extra cash and buy the larger JamMan Stereo, which is more refined and is handsfree. // 8

More DigiTech reviews rating category latest review
+ JamMan Looper 9.6 Guitar Effects 09/11/2014