Jimi Hendrix Experience Review

manufacturer: DigiTech date: 08/15/2008 category: Guitar Effects
DigiTech: Jimi Hendrix Experience
Since the first time the world experienced Jimi Hendrix things have never been the same. DigiTech is honored to be chosen by the Hendrix family, to channel Jimi's prophetic musical vision into a truly remarkable performance tool through the use of Production Modeling technology.
 Reliability & Durability: 9.2
 Ease of Use: 9
 9.1
 9.1
reviews (5) 27 comments vote for this gear:
Jimi Hendrix Experience Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 28, 2005

Purchased from: Online Store

Ease of Use: The pedal is very easy to use. It performs a sound unlike any of my other pedals, which is obviously Hendrix's sound. With this pedal it is possible to do a very nice Hendrix cover and much more. You get some of history's greatest effects like: Octavia Wah, 100watt Marshall, and Fuzz Face. All of which were pioneered in part with Hendrix's help. As far as editing and adjustability this pedal does lack the control I am used to having with other combo pedals but it is adjustable enough for my liking. It doesn't however allow editing of the effects but with these great sounds, every guitarist can find a use. // 9

Sound: Ibanez JS1000 with a crate amp or I plug into my sound board and jam out on 2400 watts through Cerwin Vega Studio Towers and Klipsh Subs. Noise wise it is noisy with volume but no background noise if that is what you mean. It stays solid to any amplification. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Yes it is reliable because it is mostly metal unlike most plastic pedals because DigiTech had to throw in two digiprocessors to allow some higher level distortions. This makes the pedal longer and obviously in a different casing. Also yes I would use it without a backup. // 9

Overall Impression: I play mostly classic rock and yes it is a good match. No questions and no regrets. Great pedal for the money! // 9

Jimi Hendrix Experience Reviewed by: evill22, on january 27, 2007

Purchased from: local music store

Ease of Use: Awesome sonds from this effect. Unlike anything I've ever heard before. Extrememly easy to get just about any sound you want out of this effect. All of the sounds you've heard in most of the Hendrix songs out there. Dallas Arbiter Distortion, Marshall 100, Octavia Wah, and flange, are only a few of the sounds you can get from this, I loved it from the start. // 10

Sound: I use an Epiphone Les Paul Special 2and a Vox DA15 with this, and the sounds are phenomenal. It has no bad sounds from it on or with any additional effects. Even when I tryed it on the amp that came with my $100 Baja starter guitar it sounded great. The sounds are just like those of Hendrix himself. I especially am a fan of the Dallas Arbiter distorton // 9

Reliability & Durability: I've used this in multiple gigs to date, and it has never let me down so far. I've never felt the need to have an extra with me, because it never ceases to amaze me. And of course the controls on the knobs give you complete control over how much gain you want. // 9

Overall Impression: My classic and modern rock styles of music make this a perfect match for me, and anyone else Who plays similar styles as I do. If this was stolen or lost, I would probably go out and buy a new one (but at a cheaper price if I could manage), because it is a necessary componant to my effect collection. // 8

Jimi Hendrix Experience Reviewed by: damskippy, on august 15, 2008

Purchased from: Temo Music

Ease of Use: If you do Hendrix covers, this is a must have. The manual is concise and easily unerstandable. I play a lot of slide, and the Fuzz Face tone is indispensable for that style. It's an overall good pedal for anything bluesy or psychadelic. It's good for old metal as well, ie. Maiden, Sabbath, Priest. However, if you don't get the FS3X footswitch with it (included in my $200.00 pice tag) it will be tough gigging, but still a lot of fun. Really durable, I mean really durable, and it comes with a dope Jimi Hendrix bag, or is it a Jimi Hendrix dope bag. I leave that up to the purchaser. // 9

Sound: I really like "the Wind Cries Mary" setting, especially for playing "Third Stone From the Sun" and "Wind Cries Mary" (obviously), it's also a good setting for that Motown Sound. I use my old '83 USA HM Strat and my Jackson DX10D Dinky as well as my Les Paul Custom through my Crate Blue Voodoo 50 watt head with 2 seperate 12" Celestion Vintage 30 cabs. There's only one weak spot I can think of after using it for almost 3 years. That being, there's no bypass that I can find that allows a straight patch directly to the amp. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Very reliable, very durable. Before I bought the JHE pedal, I tried one at another snobby "guitar store", and I accidentally dropped it on the concrete floor, not even a scratch, and it hit pretty hard. I never gig without backup. After 30 years of playing I've learned, never, ever do a gig without backup. // 10

Overall Impression: I play a wide variety of musical styles, blues, slide, Motown, classical, metal, thrash, hard rock, straight up rock n'roll and punk. The "Experience" pedal fits in with most of that except classical and late model metal. I've been playing for 30 years and I don't know how I got along before this pedal was invented. If this pedal were stolen I would certainly replace it, after I killed the SOB that made off with it. I wish you could bypass the pedal more easily to your amp. Other than that, no complaints. // 9

Jimi Hendrix Experience Reviewed by: BradleyGibson, on june 05, 2006

Ease of Use: My girlfriend (also my drummer) gave this pedal to me as a Christmes gift; how cool is she? I couldn't wait to plug this pedal in. After a quick glance at the manual I was able to get a taste of each settings possibilities. The knob within a knob setup is a neat way to squeeze flexibility into a slightly larger than normal wah casing. The manual has a nice little chart that shows each setting and it's different qualities which comes in really handy. // 9

Sound: I plugged my Highway One strat into the pedal and then mono out (there is an optional stereo out connection) and into a 100 watt Marshall Valvestate amp. The toe and heel switches took a little getting used to. You kind of have to push down with your whole foot and then rock it back and forth to go in and out of rythm/solo settings. The effects are very accurate though. The wah sounds nice and nasally, the Uni-vibe swirls around beautifully and the tape flange effects on the "Little Wing" setting are totally unique. Pretty impressive, I thought. // 10

Reliability & Durability: So far this pedal has performed flawlessly. Don't be fooled by the pretty purple paint job. Underneath is a heavy-duty steel frame. Pick it up, you'll know what I mean. // 9

Overall Impression: I've been playing Hendrix covers for a few years now so I had already assembled all the pedals that help me emmulate most of Hendrix's common effects. This comes with not only the expense of each but the need for quality connection cables so as not to lose signal. Add it up and you'll spend a lot less to get into those sounds with this pedal. Not to mention the cool Crown Royalesque satchel. I just wish technology would have allowed it's invention sooner! Bust out the lighter fluid! // 9

Jimi Hendrix Experience Reviewed by: The bub, on january 21, 2008

Ease of Use: At first the sound was great and it got evry sound option clear, but after I used it a couple of times it only got one sound. Although it was clear it was messed up. I would recomend that if you by one of these you buy it Brand New, but if you don't, test it more than once before you buy it. // 8

Sound: I use a Fender Strat and Fender amp. I also have one monster cord going from my guitar to the pedal and I can't remember the name of the one going from the pedal to the guitar. The guitar and the amp came in a pack together for about $100 US. I have always wnated to be able to do the intro to Smells Like Teen Spirit and now that I have this I can. I am in a couple of bands that need something like this for the songs we want ot sing. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I have found that if you were to buy it Brand New and you had an AC adaptor for it you might be able to do a gig with one of these. Just because of my crazy style I like to jump around a lot so I would bring a back up just in case I jumped on it. Over all I can depend on it to last a while, especially if I keep playing the way I do. // 9

Overall Impression: I like to play a lot of rock but I also sing country. This is a great match up because of the sound it delvers and how many options you have. I have been playing for eight years now and I own a Fender strat with a Fender amp. If I would have asked anything else it would have been: Have you had any trouble with it? If it was stolen I would get mad because I paid cash for it and then I might try to get the money to buy something with even more options and better sound quality. // 9

More DigiTech reviews rating category latest review
+ Drop 7.9 Guitar Effects 09/26/2014