RP10 Review

manufacturer: DigiTech date: 04/03/2006 category: Guitar Effects
DigiTech: RP10
It is fairly easy to use. With the program Rpedit, patches are easy to make, but since that doesn't come with the pedal it is not included in the rating.
 Ease of Use: 6
 6.8
 7.8
 5.7
review (1) 10 comments vote for this gear:
RP10 Reviewed by: Zepplin, on april 03, 2006

Ease of Use: It is fairly easy to use. Setting up a brand new patch is a little difficult. With the program Rpedit, patches are easy to make, but since that doesn't come with the pedal it is not included in the rating. I didn't have a manual for it, but there is one on the internet. DigiTech made a second version of this pedal. // 6

Sound: I use a Fender RAD amp, and a Strat. It is not noisy at all, surprising for how old it is. The effects are great. I really like the delay. There are 2, and 4 tap delays, which work great. It took awhile for me to get used to it, so I was without my favourite artists for awhile. Metallica, to Lynyrd Skynyrd, I can get all the sounds. One thing that really pisses me off, is there are only three types of distortion, but at least it is analog. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I sure as hell can depend on it. It is almost solid metal. Everything but the foot switches. I use it with a Zoom G2 pedal as my backup. // 10

Overall Impression: I play a lot of metal. I can get the right sounds that I want. I have been playing about 2 years. I own a Fender Strat, an Ovation Roundback, a classical (not sure of the brand), a quarter size classical, and a 3 quarter size steel string acoustic. I wish it had more types of distortion. If it were stolen/lost, I would go to my room and drink it off. I would have to buy something else, because I couldn't afford another one of these pedals. I compared this pedal with the RP7, Zoom G2.1U, and the DigiTech Artist Series. This one dominated the competition. // 7

More DigiTech reviews rating category latest review
+ RP355 8.6 Guitar Effects 08/04/2014