RP100 Review

manufacturer: DigiTech date: 09/01/2007 category: Guitar Effects
DigiTech: RP100
25 fully programmable effects to choose from, up to 11 effects available at once, each effect includes up to 3 adjustable parameters.
 Reliability & Durability: 8.2
 Ease of Use: 8.6
 7.3
 8.4
 6.2
reviews (17) 8 comments vote for this gear:
RP100 Reviewed by: UG Team, on august 05, 2003

Ease of Use: At first I found it to be quite hard to use. But once I had a quick skim through the easy to use manual I understood it alot. You can setup your own settings for it a it is very easy to store. To find patches it is simple, just go to the 'DigiTech' website (labelled very well on the box) there you will find waves of sounds and how to set them up on your effects processor. The manual is very easy to use it has to be the most simple but effective one yet. It takes you through a step by step guide from opening the box to downloading from the web. // 6

Sound: I am using a tanglewood setup with a Wild dog amp. I like to keep all the settings on 5 and I like to the let the processor do the work. I have found that you can make it noisy if you want it to be. There are 80 different sounds so there is a variety for everyone. You can set the effects up yourself so I would say that they are quite strong. My favourite artists are just those who play punk rock. I found it simple to find myself the sounds a wanted. They sound even better if you a small effect to them. I have just one complaint about the sounds. There are some that sound the same as another one with just a little tweak. However most of them sound quite astonishing really. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I would certainly use this in a gig. In fact, I had to. My other effects box decided to pack in so my mate lent me this one. It was brilliant and made up for the other one totally. I wouldn't use this without a backup or anyone unless you had too. But I think it would pull through if it had too. // 10

Overall Impression: I play a lot of punk rock and I think it is a good match. actually I think it is a good match for any type of music really. I have been playing for nearly 3 years and I didn't really use effects boxes until about a year ago. I only wanted one so I could change from clean to distorted. I got a lot more when i got this one. I love some of the efeccts on it they sound cool. my worst bit of it is that the tuner is not that accurate, but hey you can't have everything. I choose this one mainly because my mate gave it to me when my old one packed up at a gig. I liked the sound so a went out and bought it. I don't wish it had anything else really becaus i can just get some more patches off the internet. Overall I thought this project is a great asset to my playing, it gives me a lot of inspiration. // 10

RP100 Reviewed by: blackmetal619, on may 31, 2006

Ease of Use: Well at first this thing was really confusing because, it has 3 little knobs, you have to read the list and find which knob messes with which effect. Once you read the little manual, and just mess around with it a little bit, you get the hang of it. Messing with the user presets can be pretty fun, there's so many different sounds and effects, that its hard to find which one you like. There's even a site where people can put up a patch so the user can go through and add those effects to his processor. // 9

Sound: I'm using a Gibson SG, and a Kramer Imperial through a Crate GX2200 and a LS 4x12 cab. Most of the factory presets are too digital sounding, so I went through and created a huge variety of distortion presets. The built in noise gate is really great though. The list of things you can mess with include: pickup/wah, compressor, amp model, equalizer, cabinet/mic/gate, effects, delay, reverb. It also has a built in tuner, and a drum machine with 30 different patterns, and a knob that configures the tempo. Great for jamming by yourself. I've been trying to get some Andy Laroque sounds from King Diamond, or any Maiden. It also has a great high gain, good for harmonics. Some of the distortions can sound a little fuzzy, but that can be fixed. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This little device has been passed down from a friend, and I continue using it. This processor is very reliable, though I haven't used it for any shows, I definately would. For shows, I just use the distortion from the head. But I constantly use it, whether it be at home or practice. // 10

Overall Impression: I play mostly metal, and the RP100 works perfect. Though it would work perfect no matter what style of music it be. Though I'm considering upgrading to a PODXT Live. If this was lost or stolen, I would definately buy a new one, except I would get the RP100A, artist edition. I love everything about it, and theres not much to hate about it. Though I did wish it had different channels. // 9

RP100 Reviewed by: scarfacesuit, on may 14, 2007

Ease of Use: I bought this pedal from a friend at school recently, and instead of giving me the original manual it came with, he wrote out a sheet of some of his favorite presets. I had to figure out the effects and controls on my own. But to my surprise, this thing is pretty easy to figure out. After playing around with it for a few minutes I learned how to do pretty much everything with this pedal, and it's been amazing. // 10

Sound: I'm running this through my Michael Kelly Patriot Q guitar, and a 15-Watt V-Tone Behringer amp, and despite the amp being old and beaten, this pedal sounds pretty excellent. I keep the amp on clean, because if I turn on the amp's distortion with this, it gets too muddy and the effects can't be heard. But this thing has delay, chorus, reverb, flange, phaser, and more. I don't even know what half of the effects are, but they sound hella tight, and it's super easy to adjust the effects accordingly to match your tone. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I haven't gigged with this yet, so I'm unsure of how it would hold up. The durability I don't doubt would be excellent, since it has a rough metal casing, but my only qualm with this pedal is the 1/2 second delay between switching between presets. I haven't figured out yet when to hit the pedal to time it right, but it's not horrible or anything. // 8

Overall Impression: I play a lot of genres, from rock to blues, flamenco and jazz to metal. This thing can cover pretty much any genre you want, if you know how to operate it well. I've been playing for almost 4 years now, and have never really had the budget to get an effects pedal like this, but now I'm loving my new tone with it. If lost or stolen I don't think I'd buy the same one, but I'd save up for one of these with an expression pedal. Excellent product, but I would definitely like the expression pedal built in. // 9

RP100 Reviewed by: ibryant0915, on september 01, 2007

Purchased from: Guitar Source

Ease of Use: To get a good sound out of this effects processor is just plain simple to say the least. You may have a few problems at first, and get frustrated, but I guarantee once you figure out what everything does, you can easily get a good sound in an instant. Mine did not come with a manual because it was used, but the online downloadable .pdf from the website is very precise and detailed. For an older product, the manual is great. I am not aware of the firmware revision number, and I do not think the firmware can be updated because there are no USB ports on this processor. // 9

Sound: When I use the RP100, I play either my old Ibanez GRX20 or my newer Ibanez RG321 (Mahogany), straight through it to my computer, or my speakers. It can be fairly noisy (feedback) on certain settings if you start turning up both the "Amp Level" setting and the "Master Volume", but only on the settings with certain Gates and Wah combined. The effects are NEVER weak, but if you are looking for INTENSE Rectified Distortion, you may come up short unless you have a powerful amp. The pedal can only pump out as much as your speakers/amp, so just keep that in mind. Can I get the sound of my favorite artists? Sure. It takes a little longer, but I can do it. You can get a nearly perfect Nickelback, Black Label Society, Rush, Boston, and GNR with some knowledge of what the settings do. I don't stick to my favorite artists, I just try to play everything, so I've noticed it can get close to some other bands too, but those five I mentioned, you can literally get an almost perfectly imitated tone. I'm giving Sound an 8 because of the noise it can make, I'd give tone a 9-10. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Sure I can depend on it. I bought it used with scratches and a dent, and it still works perfectly. The case of it is extremely hard and durable. However, I wouldn't use it on a gig without a backup simply because I would never trust anything to last up no matter what. I would bring some other pedals just to make sure, but not another processor, no. Very durable. // 10

Overall Impression: The RP100 will be a surprisingly good match for most styles. I can get a great tone for anything from Lynyrd Skynyrd and Stevie Ray Vaughan to Avenged Sevenfold and Metallica. I've been playing for almost two years now and own two Ibanez guitars, a Roland Cube 15, and a loud but crappy Crate 65XTR. I just use the Crate to run this Processor through, no joke. The tone on that Crate is absolutely terrible for anything other than Rectified Metal. If this were stolen/lost I would buy it again. It's cheap, reliable, versatile, and overall just a good buy. I love the versatility of the tone and the drum Machine. I hardly use it but it works wonders for inspiring song ideas and just flat out jamming when your band mates aren't around. The ONLY thing I wish it had was an actually pedal attachment to work the Whammy setting, but you can buy those, I just haven't. Overall Impression? 9/10. If you have $50-$80 to spend and you want a good Effects Processor, buy it. // 9

RP100 Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 10, 2003

Ease of Use: It is a very easy system to use if you read the manual but you have to do a lot of expirimenting with with the different options to get you desired sound but its pretty cool. // 8

Sound: Some of the sounds are as clear as anything, but some effects are soooooo bad. It sometimes makes a loud noise that sounds like bombs are going off and it goes in a pattern, like it happend every 10 seconds and its very annoying. terrible sound quality for the most part. // 4

Reliability & Durability: Very reliable and is made of strong materials, its perfect for live preformance if you can find a good clear sound. // 10

Overall Impression: I was impressed with the possibilities of the Machine but not so much the sound. I will personally stick to seperate pedals but the RP100 is an exellent tool for beginners and its very affordable! // 8

RP100 Reviewed by: the fendernator, on march 22, 2004

Ease of Use: It took me a while to get a nice sound out of it. Effects 7,19 and 32 were the only decent factory settings out of a possible 80! It hasn't got too many controls and I keep finding new stuff like drum beats and a guitar tuner in the pedal. It only took me 10 minutes to create the effects for the intro of 'And she told me to leave' by Lost Prophets as it is easy and logical to use. // 8

Sound: CRAP it is totally CRAP. When you take it out of its box the factory settings it seems like the guys working at the DigiTech factory wore ear plugs when they created the sounds. What is the point of detuned effects anyway? They sound terrible. You can however create a wonderful sound once you know what all the controls are and you can start creating your own effects. At the moment, it sounds lovely when I play. // 6

Reliability & Durability: It randomly crashed once so I had to reset it to those horrible factory settings and then create all the effects all over again. Fortunately for me it crashed when I was at home practicing, not at a gig. God help me then. // 6

Overall Impression: My advice is don't buy this pedal if you need an effects pedal straight away. It took me hours to get a decent sound from it, but once you get a decent sound, it is one of the best small effects pedals around. It has a built in guitar tuner, drum beats and there are 80 different effects that you can change to suit your style of play. It suits all styles, and if it doesn't you can make it - that's what I like about this effects pedal. // 8

RP100 Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 03, 2004

Purchased from: St Giles Music

Ease of Use: I thought this was great - I am very poor and only used effects round my freinds house where all his racks of digital equipment confused the hell out of me, I found the interface pretty straightforward out of the box with no experience - so no complaints, perfect for a beginner or someone with no cash. // 10

Sound: Sound, I was very happy with it initially as I'd been playing without effects for so long - I created as many of my own as I could, but I would say I have 3 of my own sounds (clean/distorted/and messed up distorted with phase and delay) that I use pretty much only, a lot of people I know have said it sounds poor - but for the money I still think it rox! I dont do gigs and my flat is pretty small so I had to get rid of my amp ages ago - I'm looking for the most equipment I can get in the smallest space (gonna upgrade to GNX3 when I have the money). I just have my axe and my RP100 pedal and a Tascam porta 02MK2 4 track and i play it through headphones, not including the guitar the whole setup came down to about 240 for what is essentially a recording studio - very basic but does the job, the drum patterns on the pedal are great for practice - a bit lacking for recording but the price just makes up for it. By the way its no good for putting your Bass through - but I get good sound plugging it straight into the 4 track. // 6

Reliability & Durability: No problems - takes a kicking pretty well - very sturdy but very compact and light - easy to transport - no problems. // 10

Overall Impression: I play rock/goth/punk/indie stuff - I can find a useable sound for everything I want, you can play a keyboard through it and really mess up the effects for all kinds of ambient noise. Been playing for about 6 years, but I bought this 2 years ago and got a lot more serious. If it were lost or stolen id get the GNX3, but as I said for a beginner/travelling musician/person with no space/cash it's really cool. Sit in a hotel with your guitar/RP100 and headphones - don't need anything else - small enough to fit in your guitar bag. // 8

RP100 Reviewed by: Riplackish, on may 25, 2004

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

Ease of Use: The manual is only like 10 pages long and uses everyday language. It took me about 10 min. To learn how to do my own presets. Very simple. // 10

Sound: While running my Fender Strat through it and on to a cheap peavy combo, I found that I could get just as professional sound as many of my favorite artists. It has 11 different amp models, some of them are really cheesey, something only a beginner would use, but the rest are definately pro. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I accidentally screwed it up somehow and had to reset it, but now it works the exact same as it did when I got it. Its metalic construction will definately keep it going for a long time. Be sure to get a power supply, it takes 6 AA's! // 8

Overall Impression: For my range of music, screamo hardcore to soft acoustics, it does good. I wish it didn't have so much buzz when listening straight from it though. You don't get the buzz when going through speakers though. // 8

RP100 Reviewed by: piperm1, on august 12, 2004

Purchased from: Index Catalogue

Ease of Use: It's easy to use, pretty hard to set up ur own sounds as there's so much to fiddle about with but the presetsd perfectally, I haven't rly figured out the pathes thing didn't even know you cud do it which this, the manual is pretty helpful but I didnt really read it lol. // 8

Sound: Right here's where the problems begin. I use it through a kustom KLA 10 yer I know old piece of crap and it is pretty quiet, but the problems begin when it comes to the different sounds because there all at different levels which I didn't like and it's pretty hard to get both a clean and distorted sound at the same level. // 4

Reliability & Durability: No here's where the problems really take off. I wouldn't depend on this even if I had to. It's useless everynow and again it cuts off and starts making this really irrtating buzzin noise, whether I'm playin or not it jus does it and its really irritating, I dont know why it does it but it does. I've tried to get it fixed but index cataloge place dnt wanna kno, it's useless. // 2

Overall Impression: I play all kinds of music depending on my mood so this suits me prefectally, I've been playing for just over year, if it were stolen or lost I would probably buy the RP200, I'm wishing this one would get stolen or lost to be honist but my wish hasnt come tru yet, I can't really say I love anythin about it. It's just like a stomp box that I use to switch between clean and distortied music and it does the job just about. // 6

RP100 Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 10, 2004

Purchased from: ebay

Ease of Use: This pedal is great. You can get about any sound out of it you want, but you really gotta learn how to use it, and fiddle with the levels and stuff. But once you learn how to work it well, you can most definitely get almost any sound from it. // 8

Sound: I use it with a Marshall, and to record stuff, but mostly just headphones for practicing and writing. It's not real noisy at all, plus it has a noise gate, so this not really a problem with noise. The effects are great, not weak at all. I can get sounds from about anyone, there are even places online that can give exact settings for a certain song. Oh Yeah, and its got a chromatic tuner, couldnt get any better. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Totally dependable. I would definitely use at a gig without a backup. And it's got a metal body it's totally indestructable. I got huge dents on mine, and tons of scratches from wear, and I drop it alot. It still works as good as when I bought it. // 10

Overall Impression: I play alotta everything, surf, metal, country, rock, blues and everything else in beetween, it will work great with whatever sound you go for. I've been playing for about 2 years. I gotta Marshall, Kustom and Fender amps. For guitars I got: a Kent, Harmony, Epiphone, Jasmine, Schecter and I custom guitar I made myself. If it were lost or stolen, I would definitely replace it, with the same thing, or maybe an RP200 (same product, with built in expression pedal) I love it, it's great. Only thing thats not that great is that it takes a little work to get two different settings at the same level, but you can, its just a little annoying. But I think its actually a good thing, more flexibility. Like I said you can get almost any sound from it. So it's extremely flexible. I cmpared it to other products, even some that cost multiple times more, I think it was better than alot of those, and most definitely the best in its price range. I would recommend it to anyone. // 10

RP100 Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 31, 2005

Purchased from: Keymusic Roeselare

Ease of Use: This pedal is actually pretty good. You have 40 presets that you can all adjust to your favor and everything is explained on the display. The manual (that is not really needed) is also good to explain the details of any of the effects that you can use. // 8

Sound: I use this pedal with a Marshall amp and a Squier Showmaster HH. The sound is really great! No mather what style you play, you'll find it. The only problem is that between the 40 presets there are only a few of them that suit me fine. Maybe I'm just a difficult person but I don't make a problem of that, everything is adjustable to your will. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I think I would take it to a gig without a backup cause it is really sturdy and it won't brake down. The only thing that you have to do is to make all your presets and just set them in an order that suits the gig. // 8

Overall Impression: I usually play some metal and the amps and distortion that are in it are very good (especially the Mesa Boogie Rectifier). If someone would steal it I wouldn't buy it again. Not because I'm not happy about it but I would just buy something more expensive to do my bidding. It is pretty complete but I would wish that it had a expression pedal with it. Everything else is great! // 10

RP100 Reviewed by: xxguitarheroxx, on january 08, 2006

Ease of Use: This effects box is amazing. I actually own the upgraded version which is the RP100A. It has 40 preset factory effects, 40 slots for Editable user effects and 40 preset artist effects which are actual distortions that rockers use (i.e. Dan Donegan - Disturbed). It sounds great with whatever you use. The user effects are simple to program yourself to get that sound you really need. The manual is easy to follow, anyone could use it. Really nice sound and fun effects. // 10

Sound: I use this hooked up to either my Ibanez or my Strat and they both sound awesome. I also plug in my Line 6 expression pedal for the manual wah Whammy or volume swell settings. I like that you can plug headphones into it for quiet play or run it to your amp for shows and things. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I would highly suggest the power source to use with this, it runs off of 6 AA batteries and they die quick. It's durable and can take some beating but with all things it can break if your to hard with it. I would do a gig with it for sure but you should always have some kind of back up. There is no telling what would ever happen. // 9

Overall Impression: I usually play the heavier and faster stuff like avenged sevenfold and disturbed. It really brings out the dark crunchy tones I need for that kind of music without getting the crunch to drown out the faster higher notes I play. I have played for about 4 years and this is one of the best pedals I have had. If it were stolen I would either buy a replacement or just buy the RP200A since they are cheaper now then when I got the 100. I love that it has nearly unlimited combonations of effects you could create but I hate that if you have your amp model set to one that clashes with your amp you get horrible feed back even when not playing. This is a great pedal the only thing the RP200 would have on it is the built in expression pedal, that at least saves you sixty bucks. // 10

RP100 Reviewed by: spokenfreak11, on january 19, 2006

Ease of Use: Man no matter what kind of music sound your going for, you can get any sound you want out of this this easily. The manual is actually thin. It gives you table of contents so you can find what your looking for. // 9

Sound: I'm using a 1984 Fender American Stratocaster. One of the great features on the RP100 is when you're on a distortion setting, you get absoloutley no humm. The effects vary greatly from weak to strong which isn't abad thing. It sets the sttitude of your playing depending on your effect. This version does not have artist effects, so you can create your ow effect. Very good effects heres afew. Flanger, chorus, compressor, phaser, tremolo, yaya, synth talk. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I've only had mine amonth, but my brother has had his for 1 and a half years and it works great. I would use this on a gig with no backup very confidently. // 10

Overall Impression: I play mostly metal, or hardcore. it has effects and expressions of almost any type of music. And it mimics model amps like the Fender Hot Rod amp of 1964. I have been playing for 6 years now. I own a Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal, a Lyon distortion pedal, a Johnson 30 watt amp, and a Peavy Dirty Dog. The manual told me everything I had to know. I would go out and buy another one if it were stolen definently. I love the volume pedal on it and my favorite effect on it isflanger. But there is nothing ihate about it. There are better versions of this with more effects but being 16 years old and having a small budget it works great. // 10

RP100 Reviewed by: azdanok, on june 16, 2006

Purchased from: guitar center

Ease of Use: This was my first multi-effects pedal and it is the best processor out there for the price. The editting is so easy to use a two year old can do it. The RP100A has 120 channels of preset effects. The manual is really easy to understand. I only read a couple pages and I was muessin with it in no time. There are other RP series processors but this one was one of the best and most affordable. The pedal comes with it's own power supply so you don't end up havin to buy a shit load of batteries. // 9

Sound: I got my pedal running through a Cratext120r amp and I use a Schecter Omen 6 and I couldn't ask for a better set up. Except maybe a better amp like a Marshall. The clean tones I can get out of this pedal are amazing. I can use the effects to make my electric sound acoustc. I can play anythin from country all the way to thrash metal. The effects all sound great and all show up perfectly all together. The distortion effects this pedal has are amazing! I usually play a lot of Avenged Sevenfold and old Metallica and my own style music. This little baby covers all of my needs and then some. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This is a 100% dependable pedal. If I used this in a gig it would totally hold up nicely with it's light metal body. // 10

Overall Impression: As I said before I usually play metal and other styles of music. I've only been playing for a year and I've only been gettin better and better. The only thing I wish is if I had a wah pedal to go with my pedal (coming soon this christmas). If my pedal were stolen from me I would track the person down and get it back. I compared this pedal with this one pedal I wanted and I played for like 2 minutes with this and I found out I could get the exact knid of distortion I want and bought this right away. If your lookin for a multi-effects pedal that you can get the best tone and for a cheap price you'd be an idiot not to get this pedal. // 9

RP100 Reviewed by: PuReDeAtH, on march 30, 2007

Purchased from: Showtime Music

Ease of Use: Getting a "decent" sound out of the RP100 is not very hard feat to accopmlish, but getting a "superb" sound out of it, you can't. In my opinion, (which others, I am sure, will disagree) you just can't get the greatest sound out of a Multi-Effects pedal. Sure you can tweak the tone, but it's made for multiple effects, not focusing on any particular one, and thus, creating a average sounding tone, more so based on the amp then pedal. Sure, there is a manual, but you really don't need it. Practically the entire thing is summarized on the pedal it's self. But alas, the manual is a great one, explaining every last intricate detail of what the RP100 can do, but again, not needed. // 6

Sound: I personally use (used to use, actually) the RP100 with Marshall MG15DFX, a Boss GE-7 Equalizer, and a Paul Reed Smith Billy Martin SE, all of which are great items to own. The RP100 has a magnificent NoiseGate, almost too good of one, it almost harms the tone and murders pinch-harmonics. The effects are numerous and almost limitless, but that doesn't make them sound great, the distortion is by far the best, but many amplifiers can do better. // 6

Reliability & Durability: I wouldn't trust it as far I could lob it off of a cliff, which is far, but that's besides the point. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't use it on a gig at all, it is by far not gig worthy, as many Multi-Effects pedals are not. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad pedal, for a starter guitarist and/or for personal use, but it just doesn't have what it takes to go live. // 1

Overall Impression: I like to play alternative/rock/metal, which the pedal can emulate nicely, but just not to the degree that a real artist needs. The only thing I wish, is that I hadn't bought this pain in the neck, the tuner is nice though. One thing that I hate the most about it is the extremely small knobs and foot switches. Not good when you mean to hit the one on the right, but where they are so tiny, you hit them both an go into bypass, not good for a gig. // 4

RP100 Reviewed by: vulgarism, on july 16, 2007

Purchased from: Sam Ash

Ease of Use: It seems fairly simple in order to get a good sound out of this pedal, all you need to do is browse through the 80 preset effects with the two foot pedals. Editing your effects is also pretty simple to do, but you might want to take a look at the instructional manual to get the most out of the controls. // 9

Sound: I'm using this with a Epiphone Les Paul through a 30 Watt Crate Amp, and this effect really delivers, giving you all sorts of great effects ranging from metal distortion to twangy clean effects to tremolo. Each and everyone of these effects sound great, even the ones you would never want to use, Some effect are noisy, but then again that's the whole point of that specific effect, so I'm not complaining. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This effect pedal seems like it's fairly durable, it would probably survive small to moderate falls in everyday life. If you're a negligent owner and mistreat your stuff, this wouldn't last you very long, but then again not much would. I would probably use this without no backup since I've had no problems with this yet. // 9

Overall Impression: I play a lot of metal and some jazz fusion and this effect pedal is more than enough of a much for those genres and more. This is a very versatile piece of equipment and is meant for any player looking for some good effects. If this were stolen or lost I would search for a better pedal, or maybe a updated model. // 9

RP100 Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 16, 2007

Purchased from: Sam Ash

Ease of Use: It is quite easy to find a good sound that you'll like, considering the fact that there are 80 preset effects. The manual that is included with this model is very helpful and only takes a quick overview to grasp some concepts of this pedal. Editing your sound is fairly simple after a quick skim through the manual, or after toying with the controls of the pedal. // 9

Sound: This multi-effects box can get noisy, but that is the supposed point of that effect. The effects sound great in almost every effect (preset), the thing that bothers me is that some effects are essentially the same as others with a minor change. I can get the sounds of many metal guitarists as some jazz guitarists. My favorite effect is the detuning, saving me the work of tuning to drop C. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This multi-effect pedal seems to be pretty darn durable, it feels like it would survive a moderate drop that occur in everyday life. As with most electronics, it isn't built like a tank, so don't go throwing it off staircases on purpose. I would gig with this without a backup only because I don't own any other multi-effect pedal. // 9

Overall Impression: This multi-effect pedal is perfect for my type of music (metal, jazz fusion) and also sounds good with other genres. If this were stolen/lost I would most likely buy the updated version with the expression pedal. My favorite feature of this multi-effects pedal (as I've mentioned before) is the detuning effect. // 9

More DigiTech reviews rating category latest review
+ RP355 8.6 Guitar Effects 08/04/2014