RP300 Review

manufacturer: DigiTech date: 10/15/2005 category: Guitar Effects
DigiTech: RP300
The new RP300 combines the tones of 12 of the best in vintage and modern Amps with 26 fully programmable, studio quality effects (up to 11 at once). The built-in expression pedal can be assigned to control your choice of parameters in real time.
 Ease of Use: 4
 4.9
 4.8
review (1) 6 comments vote for this gear:
RP300 Reviewed by: AllPlayDead666, on october 15, 2005

Purchased from: ebay

Ease of Use: It isn't very easy, the presets suck for the most part, it took me about a month of messing with it to get it to sound good. The manual isn't very good. They replaced it with the RP300A, which isn't much better. // 4

Sound: I use a Peavey Transtube Special 212, and a bunch of ESP and BC Rich guitars with it. It has a noise gate so it usually isn't noisy. Some of the EFX are bad, but generally they are all ok, none are horrid, and there are a lot, so lots of different sounds and options. I don't think it's very versitile, and unless your favorite artist have really fake tone, I doubt you will get the tone of your favorite artist. The chorus, delay, reverb, Whammy, EQ, and noise gate are pretty good. Just about all the rest suck. The distortion is horrid and nasal, not good for anything beyond blues. // 5

Reliability & Durability: I did use it at a gig once, it didn't work very well. and froze when I needed it the most. I would say you need a backup with this pedal. // 5

Overall Impression: I play, shred, metal, blues, classical, rock, and industrial, it works to help my amps distortion, but this thing has some of the worse distortion I have heard, don't use it! I have been playing for 3 years, and even though this works for what I need it for, I am lucky I don't have to depend on it! I wish I would of known about how useless a lot of aspects of this pedal are. If it was stolen, I would buy a rack mount system, because I don't like stomp boxes much. I would say this is one of the best multi EFX pedals, but this by far does not make up a perfesional rig. I wish it had better sound, other then that this thing is ok, and if used right can make your sound thicker, fuller, and have more clarity. // 6

More DigiTech reviews rating category latest review
+ JamMan Looper 9.6 Guitar Effects 09/11/2014