Tone Driver Overdrive Review

manufacturer: DigiTech date: 08/15/2012 category: Guitar Effects
DigiTech: Tone Driver Overdrive
Perfect emulation is possible with this pedal. It seems pretty solid as far as materials and construction go, but it will flat run through the batteries.
 Ease of Use: 9
 7.5
 8.3
 6.6
reviews (3) pictures (2) 10 comments vote for this gear:
Tone Driver Overdrive Reviewed by: Rob the Tipton, on july 26, 2004

Purchased from: Spotts Music Indiana, PA

Ease of Use: This is a great pedal if you like Metal and Rock. You have to have it on a clean channel or you get way too much feed back. You can set it up to DOD and Boss settings and a DigiTech Mode wich is "Blues Solo" you can also toggle with it how ever you like. If you cant figure out how to work this your a dumbass. // 8

Sound: I use a ESP Guitar on this hooked to a wonderfull Champ15 Squier amp (its a nice peice of sh!t) It is noisy as hell if it is on your distortion channel. Once you get a good grasp of how to use it it works out pretty good. It sounds really really good when you play AC/DC because their riffs are kind off Bluesy (some of them at least like The Jack.) // 10

Reliability & Durability: You cant depend on anything. I would use it if I didnt have a back up. It drains batterys fast. If your lucky you might get 1 hour of playing so I recomend that you get the ac adaptor. // 6

Overall Impression: I play metal and rock mainly and a little bit of punk. I've been playin for about 4 years I think. It's a pretty good product. I'd buy it again if I had too. // 6

Tone Driver Overdrive Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 06, 2005

Purchased from: Musicians Warehouse

Ease of Use: This pedal is as simple as they come, just 4 knobs. There is a volume, gain, tone, and a morph control. The pedal even comes with a booklet that tells you how to setup the pedal to get certain sounds. // 10

Sound: I first bought a Boss DS-1, and compared to the DigiTech Tone Driver it flat out sucks. The Tone Driver can go from a soft distortion to amazing sustaining leads. Most other distortion/overdrive pedals I've used don't have near the versatility of this pedal. // 8

Reliability & Durability: If you have a power supply this is a very dependable pedal, but if you don't you will definatly need a backup. This things sucks batteries in about 2 hours. I highly recommend the power supply (it's 20$). // 8

Overall Impression: I play mostly hard rock, classic rock, and heavy metal, this sounds great for all of them. I've been playing for 2 years and I own a Gibson Les Paul plugged into a Vox amp. I highly recommend this pedal over any other Boss or DigiTech Distortion pedal. Another good Overdrive pedal is the Zakk Wylde Overdrive pedal by Dunlop. If this pedal was ever stolen, I would definitly buy another. // 8

Tone Driver Overdrive Reviewed by: [azz], on august 15, 2012

Purchased from: friend

Ease of Use: It so simple, it has volume, tone for hi-cut or boost hi frequency, gain, and morph for Overdrive character. You can get 3 different sound from it or mix two of it. And also have 2 output, 1 is normal output that can be use for guitar amp, and the second is cit amp modeling (mixer output) that you can use through speaker or computer for recording without guitar amp. // 9

Sound: Sound is really good for me, I use Epiphone Les Paul with mini humbucker pickups to clean channel of Peavey 15 watt amp. I can get unique sound from cit output and set the tone knob to 3 o'clock, full gain & morph knob to 2 o'clock, I very like this sound. Almost no noise even at full gain. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I always use it on gig without backup, this metal case I think never broke even I stomp it hard. But this pedal is consuming a lot of current, so never use battery for gig. Just about 2-3 hours and ahhh it's gone, haha. I mean you should use 9v power supply for it. // 7

Overall Impression: I play pop-rock music, and I think this is the best guitar effect for me, I previously replace my Boss DS-2 (because I don't think I match with distortion) and Boss SD-1 with this pedal. And if this pedal is stolen, lost or damage I would buy this same pedal. // 10

More DigiTech reviews rating category latest review
+ RP1000 5.7 Guitar Effects 12/17/2013