Turbo Flange Review

manufacturer: DigiTech date: 05/12/2006 category: Guitar Effects
DigiTech: Turbo Flange
These operational modes are easily selectable using the mode control allowing you to choose from a selection of awesome voicing sounds, triggering feature and useful step functions.
 Reliability & Durability: 8.8
 Ease of Use: 9.4
 8.6
 9.2
reviews (5) 5 comments vote for this gear:
Turbo Flange Reviewed by: Hanzi_G, on march 09, 2006

Ease of Use: Very easy format. You can easily choose between 7 different effects. The manual is very helpful too, but it isn't really needed, because the pedal is wayy too easy to use. // 10

Sound: I'm using the Turbo Flange with a 1964 Fender Mustang and a Marshall MG15CDR. The pedal really changes the tone of the Mustang. In my opinion, it gives the guitar a more "fusion" sound, used by guitarists such as Al Di Meola. You can hear the flange a lot more on a clean channel then and Overdrive pedal, but it still sounds good nonetheless. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This is my only concern with the Turbo Flange. I purchased it originally, and it was defective. I tried it with many batteries, but the pedal continued to cut out after 20 minutes of playing. So I returned it for another Turbo Flange, and the new one works fine. Also, a lot of people complain that DigiTech pedals use up batteries very quickly, so I suggest you buy an adaptor as well. // 6

Overall Impression: The Turbo Flange is a very unique pedal, and I highly recommend it. I play a lot of lead guitar, and this pedal is great for creating a unique tone and sound to solo with. The pedal is also great for rhytyhm guitar too. The pedal will give a great "space age" tone, which is great for experimental/prog music. The pedal is a tad expensive, but it is worth the buy, and I would buy it again for sure if it were stolen or lost. // 9

Turbo Flange Reviewed by: corey182__, on june 22, 2004

Ease of Use: If you have a brain in your head, you can use this pedal. Enough said. // 10

Sound: I have this pedal and the Hot Rod Distortion, and overall, this pedal Is less as loud, for some reason the Hot Rod was just terribly loud, and to keep from an early death I had to turn it down. But this one is not even near as loud. It sounds great, but I'm sure if it were played on a better amp, it would sound much better. I'm using it with a Fender Strat and my amp is a Fender Frontman 25R. Not many bands use a flange pedal on every song, so you cant get say that it will sound like any particular band but one in specific I know of, Asthenia, by Blink-182, I've got the perfect match for the Flange on that song so I guess you could say that its possible to match your favorite artists sound. Overall, the sound of the Flange is wonderful. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This is a great pedal, solid and not easily scratched/chipped/dented. Trust me I have already found that out the hard way. The only thing I can say that I don't like, is that unless you have an extra 20$, the pedal runs off of a battery and leavin your cord plugged into the input will eat the battery alive, I've also found that out the hard way. // 10

Overall Impression: The thing that stands out to me the most of this pedal, is the 3 voice controls. That is really awesome i thought. The main thing I suggest before you go buy any of the X-Series pedals, make sure you play around with them a bit. Nothing wrong with them, but it's just a tip I suggest. And if my Flange was lost or stolen, I'd get one again in a second. But I wish I would have gotten the power supply with it, but thats my only regret. // 10

Turbo Flange Reviewed by: Feelthevayne, on july 21, 2004

Purchased from: guitar center

Ease of Use: Twist the knobs givem some love, and you can get a flanger sound that would make eddy van halen cream in his pants! There are 4 knobs. Speed turning it causes the flange sweep to become like a vibrato. Knob 2 a depth knob makes it thicker. Knob 3 regen I dont know what this does but it sounds kewl. Type simply put changes the type of flanger effect there is. // 10

Sound: With my amplifire's dist. The flange is muddy and very bad, with the metal master it makes the swirling sensiation so tangible and loveable. It feels like being on a corkskerw for 10 consecutive hours. That's an exageration but you know what I'm sellin'. It's very tweekable and my favorite setting is type 1,2,3,4,5,6,7. I know thats all of them but they are all so good its like butter! Mode one is your basic jet flange. Mode 2 a bit thicker. Three thicker from 4 and on the effects are very cool and make for an interesting solo! // 8

Reliability & Durability: Yes I can depend on it just as much as I can depend on having a horrable time at my sisters 6th birthday at chucky cheese. // 10

Overall Impression: All I can say is "buh." // 10

Turbo Flange Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 03, 2006

Purchased from: Waterloo Music

Ease of Use: I had never tryed a flanger and bought this pedal blind by only reading about it and never actually trying it, stupid idea, but thank god it paid off. What a great sound! With the 7 different modes you couldn't find a sound that you can't recreate with your own setup. Unless your missing a few to many brain cells anybody can use it, set it and stomp your heart out. // 10

Sound: My setup is a Traynor YCV40 amp with a DF7 Distortion Factory pedal and a Les Paul Junior with a SD Invader pickup. This rig was meant for distortion and the flanger fits right on in. This thing only makes a very slight swooshing sound when turned on but not playing on the guitar, very unoticable though. You could buy a Boss Flanger for near the same price with only 1 mode and this pedal still kicks its ass. You won't find a pedal like this for a better value and price. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This thing is solid, throw it off your roof, it's not gonna break, it's made of solid steel with thick durable paint and decals. The rubber on the bottom and pedal portion look like they could stand years of pounding from dirty shoes on stage. I would take it to a gig with no backup no question, as long as I used the AC Adaptor, don't ever trust batteries, they will run out when you can't afford them too. // 10

Overall Impression: I play punk rock/pop punk/emo, not a whole lot of use for a flanger when covering songs, but I found it can make your favourite songs sounds so much cooler if used in the right places. If some punk stole it I would buy another that same day, no question. The best thing about this pedal is it will out live you, it's built to take a beating. // 10

Turbo Flange Reviewed by: foundation_7, on may 12, 2006

Ease of Use: The Turbo Flange stero flanger is great. It has alot of different settings a good price and it is definitly worth buying. The different settings are speed, depth, regan, and type. But best of all this pedel is easy to use. The manual is not the best, but it is easy to use I didin't even need the manual. // 7

Sound: I have a Fender Squire guitar and use a 65 watt Crate amp. Of course like most of the Digtech pedals they come with pre made settings, in this case they are Twisty Flange, Jet Flange, Falling Flange, and Step Flange. My faorite is the Jet Flange, but the Step Flange is not very good if you are playing chorus, but thats just my opion. It also works pretty good with distortion. I like it a lot and it's totally worth the money. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This pedel is extremely reliable. In my opion this is one of the best pedels out there. If I ever get in a band this is the flange pedel I am going to use. // 8

Overall Impression: the style of music I play is alternitive and a little bit hardcore. I have been playing about 7 months and I also own the DigiTech Death Metal, the DigiTech Digidelay, but over all this is my favorite pedel. What I really like abdout it is even if the style of music you like doesent really fit the flange effect it still sounds great with almost every genre of music. // 8

More DigiTech reviews rating category latest review
+ RP355 8.6 Guitar Effects 08/04/2014