FX64 Ice Box Stereo Chorus Review

manufacturer: DOD date: 05/17/2005 category: Guitar Effects
DOD: FX64 Ice Box Stereo Chorus
The FX64 is an incredible sounding stereo chorus. It gives you the standard level speed and depth controls, but adds a high EQ knob for boosting your high-end edge while sweetening your tone with the thick modulating delay of a chorus.
 Ease of Use: 6
 6.3
 5.6
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
FX64 Ice Box Stereo Chorus Reviewed by: GrungeBeatle, on may 17, 2005

Ease of Use: This pedal is relatively easy to use. It came with a small pamphlet with some sample sounds that are good to base your own settings off of. It has four knobs which give you total control over the sound, unlike the Small Clone. // 6

Sound: I use a Fender Telecaster played out of a Fender Super 60 amp. This pedal produces a very lush chorus effect. It is even possible to get a Nirvana sound out of this pedal. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This pedal, like most DOD pedals, has a metal casing with a plastic pedal instead of a metal button. It is a relatively sturdy pedal but I have a feeling that the plastic part may fail soon seeing as how I've had this pedal for many years. I usually bring a backup, as with all my pedals, but it shouldn't be necessary. This pedal is also great when it comes to battery power. I only really had to change the batteries only once every one or two months. // 6

Overall Impression: I've been playing in a punk/grunge band for about three years and this was the second pedal a purchased. It has held up well over the years, and although I prefer the Small Clone, I still use this every once and a while and always have it as a backup. If this were lost or stolen I would probably buy another. // 8

More DOD reviews rating category latest review
+ FX86 Death Metal Distortion 7.7 Guitar Effects 08/21/2014