Tec4x Review

manufacturer: DOD date: 01/21/2011 category: Guitar Effects
DOD: Tec4x
3 Different Distortions, 3 Band EQ for Each Preset, Simple User Interface, 15 Different Effects, Optional Wah-Volume Control, Built-in Chromatic Tuner
 Reliability & Durability: 8.5
 Ease of Use: 8
 6.3
 7.7
 4.9
reviews (2) 3 comments vote for this gear:
Tec4x Reviewed by: UG Team, on august 04, 2003

Ease of Use: It is very easy to get good sound out of it, the effect pedal come with standard sound already built into it and you can modify it from the original effects. The manual for it is easy to read it gives you all the effects for the peadl and their numbers the manual shows you how to modify in your own way. I've been playin for 5 years and been playing in a band for 2 years (shatter proof skulls). And it has never let me down. // 10

Sound: The setup I have been using is a b.c. rich beast, 1976 electra westone, and Ibanez s series with a crate gfx 65 amp. It can be noisy if you want it to, I control the settings of it however you want the effect pedal to be loud. They all sound great it comes with 1 bank pedal and 3 effect pedal it goes from 01 to 93 it has I think 33 effects on it. Yes I get the effects of of my favorite artists like Slipknot, Hoobastank, Incubus, Static-x, Staind, Orgy, Kittie, Ozzy Osbourne, and tons more when we play their songs live. All the effects in my opinion are good. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Yes, I can depend on it. It has never let me down. Yes, I would use it on a gig without a backup because I know it would do well and not short out or something because the quality on it is excellent. // 10

Overall Impression: I play 90's Grunge, rock and basically everything that is heavy. I've been playing 5 years and I have a crate amp rossi music chords. 4 guitars all kick ass (Gibson les paul, b.c. rich beast, 1976 electra westone, Ibanez s series). If it were lost or stolen I would by the same one because I know the quality and reliability. I love the sound, my favorite part of it is the effect one effect will let you turn a six string into a bass. Yes, I compared it with other products and this one came out the best for me. It does help me make music of my own it help a lot. Trust me if you in a band that play stuff like I do this will be the pedal for you. // 10

Tec4x Reviewed by: Haaspaas, on january 21, 2011

Price paid: € 20

Purchased from: Second hand

Ease of Use: The ease of use is reasonable. You will need the manual to propely understand the unit tho. It comes with presets but most of them are not good. The modulation effects are all gathered under one button and only 1 modulation effect can be on at the same time. You can not tweak these effects. You can only use a preset mod effect. There are like 9 of every mod effect however so thats not a big downside. // 6

Sound: This unit has some reasonable effects. All distortions in this device are worthless. The chorus and delay are useable. The autowah and flanger are ridiculous. One effect is very interesting: the pixellator. Its a bitcrusher/sequencer, and the only reason I still plug this device in from time to time. This device is pretty noisy. Also, it makes popping noises from time to time. The worst is however that it seems to Pick up radio signals. You can not depend on this device for live shows, its too noisy and unpredictable. // 4

Reliability & Durability: It seems pretty well build. It has some plastic and some metal parts. You can depend on it build-wise, but like I said: you can't depend on it sound-wise. // 7

Overall Impression: Basicly the only thing that keeps me from throwing away this is the pixellator effect. I think for the price I paid its not that bad of a deal but I don't think its worth anything more than that. // 4

More DOD reviews rating category latest review
+ FX86 Death Metal Distortion 7.7 Guitar Effects 08/21/2014