Yellow Fall Review

8.7
reviews (2) pictures (2) 2 comments vote for this gear:
Yellow Fall Reviewed by: Jacket-music, on december 23, 2013

Purchased from: donnerdeal.com

Ease of Use: The manual is pretty useless for Donner pedals, but the pedals are easy to figure out, have three knob. After a minute of messing around with the knobs, it's pretty easy to figure out which knob does what. Once you have your favourite setting, you can also push the knobs in so that the settings can't be accidentally changed. // 8

Sound: I was looking for a top quality delay pedal to go into a Fender amp, I have to say Donner Yellow Fall did a good job. I tried this next to Donner Tutti Love and Donner Blue Driver. Pure analog Whole circuit delay, clear, plump and smooth New Delay effect comes out. What it sounds like? So many choices, I can get what I want easily. // 9

Reliability & Durability: It is very mini, only 300g, Dimensions: 95mm(D)*44mm(W)*48mm(H). And it is very reliable, good built, I can carry it to your live show, very inconvenient! Aluminium-alloy, durable. // 7

Overall Impression: This is by far and away the best delay I've ever got my fingers on. In short I'd say it deserve to shop immediately. I plays for almost 5 years, and once I found Donner pedals, I want to have them, very! Especially Yellow Fall, yes, I like delay very much, of cause this one can not be as multi as my nux time force pedal, but if you want a classic delay, Yellow Fall is enough. // 9

Yellow Fall Reviewed by: Austin73, on august 08, 2014

Purchased from: Donnerdeals

Ease of Use: Well as pedals go its pretty easy to work out what knob does what, which comes in handy as the manual is not great if I'm being honest. It even stated that the power supply should be tip positive which isn't the case. Main knob is delay time which goes from 20ms - 620ms. The echo control is delay mix. Repeat is obviously repeat which goes from 1 - infinite. You soon get used to the large knob small knob layout but hey its a 3 knob micro delay and how hard can that be? Standard sized footswitch and a nice red LED to let you know its on - which is great as I hate the blinding blue LED's some use. // 8

Sound: Ok sound wise its pretty good. I play lots of different styles with lots of different guitars, amps software. Main guitar is Parker Fly which I throw through a pedaltrain full of bits and pieces into a Fender 212R. First thing I noticed is its very quiet even at gig volume which is always nice. The delay time isn't huge but I never go past around 400ms so its fine for me. The repeats aren't crystal clear like my nux and line 6 stuff but its still clear and has a nice warm sound to it but not muddy or lofi. This pedal does a great slapback echo if you fancy some surf/rockabilly style playing too nice U2esque delays. I bought this pedal because of its price and size but got to say it does sound very good for the price point and I defy anybody to buy one and not smile when they play it when they remember the above! // 9

Reliability & Durability: Durability is a bit of a unknown as its still quite new. Its very solid. Usually aluminium 1590a style case. The knobs feel very smooth and the footswitch nice and "clicky" When I first got the Yellow Fall I plugged it into a spot I made on my pedal board and jammed away for 3 days before realising I had been chucking 18v through it so guess its pretty resilient. The only issue I do have is that mine wasn't radioactive yellow when it arrived, it's more of a golden yellow almost green colour but still looks pretty nice on the boa. // 9

Overall Impression: Ok sound wise its pretty good. I play lots of different styles with lots of different guitars, amps software. I have started gigging with it and have found no issues. Everyone who tries it loves it and yes I would replace it again if lost stolen or broken. In fact I'm looking at replacing my board with the Donner ones so I have more room on stage and lets face it £23 including delivery for a new pedal is pretty amazing so I might even end up getting a few Yellow Falls just to go mad with delays one day. // 10

More Donner reviews rating category latest review
+ Metric Bender Modulation 9.2 Guitar Effects 09/11/2014