Yellow Fall Review

8.9
reviews (3) pictures (2) 4 comments vote for this gear:
Yellow Fall Reviewed by: Jacket-music, on december 23, 2013

Purchased from: donnerdeal.com

Ease of Use: The manual is pretty useless for Donner pedals, but the pedals are easy to figure out, have three knob. After a minute of messing around with the knobs, it's pretty easy to figure out which knob does what. Once you have your favourite setting, you can also push the knobs in so that the settings can't be accidentally changed. // 8

Sound: I was looking for a top quality delay pedal to go into a Fender amp, I have to say Donner Yellow Fall did a good job. I tried this next to Donner Tutti Love and Donner Blue Driver. Pure analog Whole circuit delay, clear, plump and smooth New Delay effect comes out. What it sounds like? So many choices, I can get what I want easily. // 9

Reliability & Durability: It is very mini, only 300g, Dimensions: 95mm(D)*44mm(W)*48mm(H). And it is very reliable, good built, I can carry it to your live show, very inconvenient! Aluminium-alloy, durable. // 7

Overall Impression: This is by far and away the best delay I've ever got my fingers on. In short I'd say it deserve to shop immediately. I plays for almost 5 years, and once I found Donner pedals, I want to have them, very! Especially Yellow Fall, yes, I like delay very much, of cause this one can not be as multi as my nux time force pedal, but if you want a classic delay, Yellow Fall is enough. // 9

Yellow Fall Reviewed by: Austin73, on august 08, 2014

Purchased from: Donnerdeals

Ease of Use: Well as pedals go its pretty easy to work out what knob does what, which comes in handy as the manual is not great if I'm being honest. It even stated that the power supply should be tip positive which isn't the case. Main knob is delay time which goes from 20ms - 620ms. The echo control is delay mix. Repeat is obviously repeat which goes from 1 - infinite. You soon get used to the large knob small knob layout but hey its a 3 knob micro delay and how hard can that be? Standard sized footswitch and a nice red LED to let you know its on - which is great as I hate the blinding blue LED's some use. // 8

Sound: Ok sound wise its pretty good. I play lots of different styles with lots of different guitars, amps software. Main guitar is Parker Fly which I throw through a pedaltrain full of bits and pieces into a Fender 212R. First thing I noticed is its very quiet even at gig volume which is always nice. The delay time isn't huge but I never go past around 400ms so its fine for me. The repeats aren't crystal clear like my nux and line 6 stuff but its still clear and has a nice warm sound to it but not muddy or lofi. This pedal does a great slapback echo if you fancy some surf/rockabilly style playing too nice U2esque delays. I bought this pedal because of its price and size but got to say it does sound very good for the price point and I defy anybody to buy one and not smile when they play it when they remember the above! // 9

Reliability & Durability: Durability is a bit of a unknown as its still quite new. Its very solid. Usually aluminium 1590a style case. The knobs feel very smooth and the footswitch nice and "clicky" When I first got the Yellow Fall I plugged it into a spot I made on my pedal board and jammed away for 3 days before realising I had been chucking 18v through it so guess its pretty resilient. The only issue I do have is that mine wasn't radioactive yellow when it arrived, it's more of a golden yellow almost green colour but still looks pretty nice on the boa. // 9

Overall Impression: Ok sound wise its pretty good. I play lots of different styles with lots of different guitars, amps software. I have started gigging with it and have found no issues. Everyone who tries it loves it and yes I would replace it again if lost stolen or broken. In fact I'm looking at replacing my board with the Donner ones so I have more room on stage and lets face it £23 including delivery for a new pedal is pretty amazing so I might even end up getting a few Yellow Falls just to go mad with delays one day. // 10

Yellow Fall Reviewed by: yang_myself, on december 09, 2014

Purchased from: donnerdeal.com

Ease of Use: On the whole, I think the clear sound of Yellow fall can be well applied to nowadays all kinds of music, not just in the traditional style, for analog delay, 25ms-600ms delay time is sufficient to meet the normal needs. I was looking for an inexpensive option for an analog delay. This little number does the job for me. Great old school, smeary, ambiance. Another plus is its size. I have owned a few delay pedals in my many years of playing, I can say that I would recommend the Donner "Yellow Fall Delay" without hesitation to anyone. I have ordered another one for my backup pedal board. Great, sturdy construction, beefy switch, smooth potentiometers, tough metal housing.

It's less than a cost of a movie, and likely more fun. Haven't had it as long as some of my other pieces of gear, but it looks, sounds, and feels well build. No loose parts or connections. Surprisingly nice packaging for such a low dollar item. // 10

Sound: I would say the yellow fall is small, compact and smart. The side-mounted jacks are solid, and protrude very little, allowing for a tight pedal board pack. The clear tone of it can be well applied to all kinds of music, and the tone can compete with same expensive similar products. This delay pedal is also a pure analog circuit delay pedal. And maybe it's the smallest analog delay effect ever. Usually analog delay has the warm and natural tone, similar to old-tape effect of adjusting delay effect. So it can be better to embellish the tone, and create the atmosphere of space nature. // 10

Reliability & Durability: There are three function knobs, namely Echo, F.back, and Time. Time is used to set Delay time, turning to the left to make delay speed fast and to the right is to slow the speed. Echo is used to set the delay volume. F.back is to set the repeated notes. When F.back is the smallest, the delay note repeats only once and while F.back is at the largest, it repeats infinitely. Within minutes of plugging in, I'd going from programming my pedal to actually playing again. Inspiration, instinct, interaction, immediacy - all of the things I look for in a good piece of gear. And this certainly falls into that category. // 9

Overall Impression: In the practical performance, the tone of Yellow Fall sounds warm and clean, that is the delay effect we often can hear in famous band performance, the mild transposition of the delay make the sound more full and natural.  It is worth mentioning that delay is always very clear sound, but the old analog delay will timbre to turbidity and fuzzy, so that for those guitarists of pursuing clean sound, they prefer digital delay(comparison with the turbidity of traditional analog delay, digital delay is of absolute articulation and brightness). What's more, when I open the case, the Circuit board of Yellow Fall is using CD2399GP (PT2399), professional echo chip. // 9

More Donner reviews rating category latest review
+ Metric Bender Modulation 9.2 Guitar Effects 09/11/2014