SRV Setup Review

manufacturer: Dragonfire Loaded Pickguards date: 11/01/2008 category: Guitar Effects
Dragonfire Loaded Pickguards: SRV Setup
Came fully wired and ready to install. Required tools: Solder gun, Phillips screw driver, needle nose pliers or small vise grips.
 Ease of Use: 8
review (1) pictures (3) 9 comments vote for this gear:
SRV Setup Reviewed by: muddshovel, on november 01, 2008

Purchased from: TNT guitars

Ease of Use: Came fully wired and ready to install. Bought one for my Tex Mex Stratocaster. Required tools: Solder gun, Phillips screw driver, needle nose pliers or small vise grips. First remove the tension on the strings you may want to replace them if your going to go to a full tremolo bar. Or if there old and frayed, next remove the tremolo springs should be 3 on the back side of strat. Then remove the 6 tremolo screws holding it down and move strings and tremolo out of the way. Now being removal of all the Pick guard screws gentle slide Pick guard away from neck. And lay on it's side, two wires a ground that goes to tremolo spring plate and one on input jack plate which is held down with 2 screws.You can cut with snippers or use the solder gun to heat and loosen them.One that is done set the old one aside and solder the new ends on from the new one. My model came with a wire diagram as reference everything else is reverse order. // 8

Sound: After everything is assembled you will want to tune up the strings and check Pick up height to string on the noisiest frets like 22 to 12 area Plug it in and your ready to go.I bought the srv set up with Orange cap.And push pull Switch toggle to # 5 and pull up all 3 Pick ups are active. They have a nice Blues tone comparative to Fenders TEX Mex strat. Set to the # 1 setting I get a nice bright sound, middle a warm Jazz sound 5th High Output similar to SRV ss strat. Thanks and have fun. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Yes, out of my three strats I can depend on it, very scratch resistant has a Pearl Loid Pick guard available in 8 different colors. I do a lot of Studio work with it was installed in one of my lighter strats of Bass wood construction I would recommend it in a Ash wood body for stage or gig's. // 10

Overall Impression: I play everything to Grunge, Rock, Blus, experimental. I have been play some 12 years now. Yes does it come in black with white knobs and pickups. For the price I payed verses a new Strat 109 or 700 bucks yeah. I would buy it again or build it again.I love the switching and the highoutput pickups, Hate well with most strats you get a slight hum between the 2 and 4 Switch setting adding a noise gate at the end of the chain would help if your using a Over Drive FX pedal. // 9

Comments