535 Cry Baby Review

manufacturer: Dunlop date: 04/08/2008 category: Guitar Effects
Dunlop: 535 Cry Baby
This is the predecessor from the Crybaby 535Q. It also has a boost control (which can go from 0 to 12DB) and a 6-way range selector.
 Ease of Use: 10
 9.9
review (1) 9 comments vote for this gear:
535 Cry Baby Reviewed by: Farether, on april 08, 2008

Ease of Use: I recently bought this wah second hand from some sort of eBay. This is the predecessor from the Crybaby 535Q but I don't notice any difference. It also has a boost control (which can go from 0 to 12DB) and a 6-way range selector. The only difference I know of is that the 535Q has a boostrange from 0 to 17 DB and the 6-way range selector has a different knob. The manual is very straight forward. It only shows how to connect it and what the knobs are for. As told before this is the old 535 model. There is a knew model now, the 535Q and there also is the GCB 535Q. // 10

Sound: It's very easy to get a good sound from it. I haven't had to change the battery so I don't know if the sound gets very weak if your running low on power. It works well with distortion too, but I like the distortion in front of the wah because when placed after it, you don't get that real 'wah' sound. It isn't noisy at any level, but it can get a little fuzzy when you have distortion and the boost @ max. at the same time. I use it with my Hartke GT60/GH410 and Epiphone G400/Ibanez GRX40. It sounds great with both of them. I also use the Behringer UD100 for the distortion, as said before, it takes it all very nice. It also sounds great with my multieffectspedal(Korg AX5G) My favourite guitarist is John Frusciante and I can get his sound very easy with this wah. I can also get a very good sound when playing songs from RATM. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I would use this @ a gig without a backup for sure. It's build like a rock, it's very heavy and this pedal is a few years old and there is nothing wrong with it. not even cracking pots. It also works pretty long on one battery(haven't changed the battery since I got it), unlike some people say that it drains batteries very very quickly. // 10

Overall Impression: I play lots of different styles and it handles them all. You can get the funky sound of the rhcp out of it but it also handles distortion well. I have been playing for a little over a year and it does anything I want from it. I really like the wah range selector cause you can get every sound you want. I would buy this one again if it got stolen for sure! // 10

More Dunlop reviews rating category latest review
+ SW-95 Slash Cry Baby 8.9 Guitar Effects 06/24/2013