JH-F1 Jimi Hendrix Fuzz Face Review

manufacturer: Dunlop date: 08/09/2011 category: Guitar Effects
Dunlop: JH-F1 Jimi Hendrix Fuzz Face
It's a pretty darn easy pedal to use, nothing to mess with but Volume and Fuzz levels.
 Ease of Use: 9
 8.7
 8.3
review (1) pictures (3) 10 comments vote for this gear:
JH-F1 Jimi Hendrix Fuzz Face Reviewed by: Swannie, on august 09, 2011

Purchased from: local music store

Ease of Use: It's a pretty darn easy pedal to use, nothing to mess with but VOLUME and FUZZ levels. It's slightly annoying that the input and output jacks are on the wrong sides, but that doesn't affect the sound or anything of course. It's no bigger than a lot of other standard pedals, and fits nicely on my pedalboard. // 9

Sound: I love using this pedal. I play a lot of blues and psychedelic 60s songs, and this pedal is great for both. I do play a lot of Hendrix on it, through either a Strat or a Tele, and it sounds pretty good. When the sound is pretty low, it's missing something, but once the pedal and the amp are cranked, the sound from this is FANTASTIC. I can use it for anything like hard rock to Slide blues. It's pretty noisy, but not noticeable while playing, and gets a ton of feedback when I want it to. Gives good sustain too. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I have used this pedal at gigs, and it hasn't messed up on me at any gig but I'm always worried that it will: I run all of my pedals (usually around 6) through a DC brick pedal power source, and this doesn't have the option of being plugged into a power source. It will either run off a 9V battery or not at all. While this isn't a huge deal, I'm always worried my battery is gonna go in the middle of a live song. // 7

Overall Impression: This pedal is a great match for the type of music I play, since I play a lot of Hendrix and Zeppelin style stuff, as well as a lot of Floyd. My band's been doing "Echoes", for which this pedal sounds perfect. As Gilmour used one. Although, as previously stated, I dislike the lack of using another power source, the sound of this pedal makes up for it. // 8

More Dunlop reviews rating category latest review
+ SW-95 Slash Cry Baby 8.9 Guitar Effects 06/24/2013