JH-OC1 Jimi Hendrix Octavio Review

7.8
 5.7
review (1) pictures (2) 24 comments vote for this gear:
JH-OC1 Jimi Hendrix Octavio Reviewed by: nitroguitarist, on december 04, 2009

Ease of Use: Pretty good pedal it takes a good while to get a good sound out of it but when you finally get it it works great. There are two knobs level (volume control) and Fuzz (fuzz and octave) that's why it takes a good while to get a good sound. It has a one page manual explaining it and suggesting tones so it really didn't help. // 8

Sound: I use an Ibanez Rg through a Raven RG60 it has a single coil p-up so I usually switch to that for that Hendrix feel. It works pretty well gives good fuzz but that's kind of it not much octave work goin on. It sounds prety good for hendrix stuff I can also get that Blue Orchid sound as well. (The White Stripes btw). // 8

Reliability & Durability: Reliability & Durability seems good but the bypass switch is loud and the battery cover is plastic so I'm kinda scared to use it without a backup but I'll probably not use a backup anyway. // 7

Overall Impression: *Please read this part if you are a metal/hard rock/high gain guitarist this pedal will be hell and a terrible buy this pedal only works with low gain classic rock style settings.* So if your gonna buy this pedal and you use ALOT of distortion don't bother it'll ruin your sound as soon as you switch it on. BUT since I play mostly blues and classic rock and some high gain for tapping (how I discovered how not to use it) and its fine. I've been playing for..2...maybe 3years. But I wished I would've asked it works well with high gain...my ears still Hurt. // 8

More Dunlop reviews rating category latest review
+ SW-95 Slash Cry Baby 8.9 Guitar Effects 06/24/2013