ReDevil Review

manufacturer: Effectory date: 05/29/2014 category: Guitar Effects
Effectory: ReDevil
The ReDevil pedal suits almost any style of playing, it is a great mix-breaker. For it self it is pretty diverse, it is no "one trick pony." It gets you a bluesy mellow TS9 kinda roughness, and yet if scooped all the way up it will attack with plenty of gain and will make your amp smile.
 Ease of Use: 10
 8.5
review (1) pictures (2) user comments vote for this gear:
ReDevil Reviewed by: nimrod.yarkoni, on may 29, 2014

Purchased from: Amazon

Ease of Use: It's doesn't get ant simpler to get sound out of it, it runs a std 9V input jack, and it has an in case battery option. Very simple standard 3 knob pedal. Very responsive knobs and overall simple thing. Their is no manual for it, and you need none, its a basic boss type three knob pedal the same you see on every players pedalboard, aside for the cool looking logo, it is as plane as bread. A great pedal I work with in pretty much any rock cover song and blues oriented licks I would do with my band or solo. Give it a listen! // 10

Sound: The ReDevil pedal suits my style of playing, it is a great mix-breaker. Whenever I want to boost my gain a bit without using my booster, this thing brings my guitar a little more grit and gain. For it self it is pretty diverse, it is no "one trick pony." It gets you a bluesy mellow TS9 kinda roughness, and yet if scooped all the way up it will attack with plenty of gain and will make your amp smile. The downfall for this thing is that is pretty British sounding distortion and I dig the American tone. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I have had it for 4 years now, and let me tell you, this thing is made out of Heavy(!) metal casing. It is very strong and has seen a few stages here and there. The buttons are solid and the connections are strong and not flimsy at all. I could depend on it during a show and would think twice about it being thrown in a case or a bag, while touring. I would definitely use it on a gig/show without a backup. Its does fit on the pedal board and takes little space. I place it next to my Maxon OD. You can use it as a paper weight if it ever get broken. // 9

Overall Impression: I have been playing for 13 years, in various venues. I played with this product the last two years on a regular basis. I feel that its weight is somehow compensating its simplicity, although it doesn't take off its sound and sturdiness its a very cool little pedal for its price. I would buy it again if stolen or lost. It really takes the other Chinese pedals in its price range. Simple yet delivers. If I had to compare it to another pedal I would have to say it has similar sound characteristics, as the MI audio crunch box. // 8

Comments