Hum Debugger Review

manufacturer: Electro-Harmonix date: 09/19/2007 category: Guitar Effects
Electro-Harmonix: Hum Debugger
Absolutely eliminates hum from any audio source. Not a noise gate and not a suppressor. Dead silence in your signal chain courtesy of a little EH magic.
 Ease of Use: 9
 9.6
 9.3
 9.8
review (1) 4 comments vote for this gear:
Hum Debugger Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 19, 2007

Purchased from: long and mcquade

Ease of Use: This thing has to be the easiest pedal to use, you have an input an output and a little mini toggle between "normal" and "strong". It comes with a limeted warranty haven looked at it really, it came with a CD with the guitar player peter stroud playing other EH pedals and stuff. // 9

Sound: I'm using it with a Les Paul (Custom, EMG81, 60 set, Sperzel tuners, Gotoh bridge and tail) through my Korg tuner, and Boss Metal Zone into my Fender FM 212R. It completely removed all of the humm that I was originally getting, but the interesting part was that it also compressed my sound to a much nicer tighter tone it just works great. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The thing is built in the USA (NY, NY) and it's built like a tank. Solid steel housing no bullshit. This thing will last a life time. I would definetly play a world tour with this thing. It is built to last no doubt about it, just great quality overall. // 9

Overall Impression: I play a all sub genres of metal everything from Metallica (Kill 'Em All days) to new As I Lay Dying and Killswitch Engage, and it keeps it all nice and tight for the beautiful chugging. I've been playing for about 5 years now and ya I've tried a few other "noise gates" and they don't compare to this at all. If it was stolen I'd try to get it back and kill the guy if not I'd definatly buy another one. I love the fact that there's no bullshit controls to it, it's either normal or strong, a nice part about it is the fact that I comes with the ac adapter. This is definatly worth the cash the best noise gate/supressor out there buy it or die! // 9

More Electro-Harmonix reviews rating category latest review
+ Nano Small Stone Phase Shifter 8.5 Guitar Effects 12/10/2014