Mole Bass Booster Review

Ease of Use: 8
review (1) pictures (2) 3 comments vote for this gear:
Mole Bass Booster Reviewed by: Stretch_Wilson, on november 01, 2010

Purchased from: Ebay

Ease of Use: To master this pedal is pretty damn easy all you need to decide where it is best situated in your signal and is a one know effect pedal. I found mine was best in my effects loop as my Engl Screamer has a knob to determine how much of the signal is effect/dry, this helps alot as the pedal tends to drop all the frequencys down so you lose your treble a bit. I have found my tone to perfection with this pedal now and no one will realise that it is helping shape the character of my sound now as it just hides away behind my amp. // 8

Sound: I run an ESP Eclipse II with Seymour Duncan pickups thru an Engl Screamer 50 combo so it is pretty simple setup with no complicated effects to make life hard. I have jsut inserted The Mole by EHX into my effects loop to get the best tone from my amp as possible. Nothing to big to say on the sound as it only drop your frequencys down to a maximum of -20db which is rather handy depending on what level of heavy you are after. // 7

Reliability & Durability: It is constructed into a metal box which seems stronger than most Boss pedals and is very light weight and will last me years though I wouldn't have a backup I would be fine to go on without this pedal. I only use this to add an extra -3db to my sound as I run a combo and don't get the repsonse of an enclosed cab. // 8

Overall Impression: I tend to play more hardcore music and I only bought this pedal to add bass to my sound and it has done that for me surprisingly as it was a buy on ebay out of the blue. I wouldn't buy it again if I lost it mainly for the fact my sound is constantly changing but I do love this pedal now that I have worked out how to use properly. // 9

More Electro-Harmonix reviews rating category latest review
+ Knockout Attack Equalizer 8.5 Guitar Effects 04/14/2014