Speakerize Review

manufacturer: ERV date: 06/22/2011 category: Guitar Effects
ERV: Speakerize
Speakerize is a Cabinet Simulator pedal made by ERV Boutiqe Pedal Shop. It's a stomp box type of pedal. It has one knob which is the Gain Control and a Switch for mid response.
 Ease of Use: 9
 4.8
 9.5
review (1) pictures (2) 2 comments vote for this gear:
Speakerize Reviewed by: r4sha, on june 22, 2011

Purchased from: ERV Boutiqe Pedal Shop

Ease of Use: Speakerize is a Cabinet Simulator pedal made by ERV Boutiqe Pedal Shop. ERV itself is a Boutiqe Pedal Shop from Jakarta Indonesia. It's a stomp box type of pedal. It has one knob which is the Gain Control and a Switch for mid response. You can Switch between Mid Boost or Mid Scoop. It' very easy to get great sound out of this pedals. It has two output one is processed and the other is bypass. The processed output means that the output from this pedal has been processed by the Cabs Sims of Speakerize. The bypass means the opposite of that. The Gain control also strengthened the signal when there is no Dist/OD on. // 9

Sound: I use Shredder guitar which is a telecaster copy with bigsby bridge and humbucker pickup on the bridge. My main setup are Guitar-Rebote Delay clone-Zoom GFX1-Speakerize. If the Speakerize not on, the Dist/OD from the Zoom sound so plastic and digital. So Harsh and wide. But when I turn on the Speakerize, suddenly it's like magic the sound totally different. It become more soft, tight, and not to digital. If you are Metal head turn the Switch to the mid scoop I bet you will like it the same like I do. This pedal not noisy at all. The only bad things is now I don't want to listen the sound coming out from my guitar n effect pedal without this pedal hehehe... It's totally makes a different. Here are some sound clip I make just to hear the different: Zoom GFX-1 without Speakerize Zoom GFX-1-Speakerize - Mids Zoom GFX-1-Speakerize - Mid Sco // 10

Reliability & Durability: It made of a thick alumunium material. I think the same like MXR pedal. If you throw it on a wall it think it's strong enough, even though I'm not sugggest you do that. And the paint is not easily can be ripped off. The colour is white which I think it's good hehehe... So I think it's reliable enough. // 9

Overall Impression: I play mostly everything. From Pop, Rock, Classic Rock, Alternative, modern Rock, Jazz and blues, etc. And this pedal suits it all. I never had bad sound out of it. If you want to hear this pedal compare to other pedal, you can check it on this link. // 10

Comments